• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Typology Central

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the word 'tribe' is a misnomer in this case, but it's a surprisingly interesting concept.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha! When I read the title, I thought about calling the forum an INTJ or something...

Mole

Permabanned

Yes, stage 1 is, "The world sucks".

And stage 2 is, "My life sucks".

And stage 3 is, "I'm great and you're not".

And stage 4 is, "We are great".

And stage 5 is, "Life is great".

I think I am at stage 3 and learning to move onto stage 4.

And perhaps you are right, Athenian, Typology Central is at stage 2 moving onto stage 3.

And our job is to help Typology Central move from stage 2 to stage 3.

"All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players".

Mole

Permabanned
I think the word 'tribe' is a misnomer in this case, but it's a surprisingly interesting concept.

Marshall McLuhan told us that the electronic media are taking us willy-nilly into a global village.

And he told us we are moving from the literate individual to electronic tribes.

This is very interesting as tribes have a spoken culture while the culture of print is visual and creates the individual.

So it seems we have lived in a spoken culture for 200,000 years and only over the last 100 years have we lived in a print culture. And that only in developed countries.

But now the electronic culture is taking us back to something like the spoken culture we grew up in. The electronic culture is taking us back to something like tribes and tribalism.

Mole

Permabanned
Haha! When I read the title, I thought about calling the forum an INTJ or something...

The title was meant to get your attention.

However a typology is a map.
And a map is not the territory.
And a territory has many maps.
And each map shows an aspect of the territory.
And anything can be mapped onto anything.

So MBTI is a map that shows a particular aspect of personality. And there are many other maps that show other aspects of the personality.

And as anything can be mapped onto anything, the personalities in, "Wind in the Willows", can be mapped onto our personalities.

All we need to do is to read, "Wind in the Willows", by clicking on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 1

And seeing which characters we are most like.

I, for instance, am like Mole but I admire Ratty and would like to be like him.

Who are you most like?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I relate more to Mr. Toad

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Did you ever see my old sig quote?

Because that was exactly what I was talking about....aside from the Wind and the Willows thing.

But, I caved in and read the first chapter. It's hard not to relate to mole or rat because they are the main characters. I'm not much like otter, too chatty. Toad, ha, sort of. Badger, sure, especially when I have work to be done I get mean.

I guess mole, although rat's description of being in constant movement, despite having no direction/destination, was pretty familiar.

I'm a mole-rat with a badger wing :)

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
At what stage is Typology Central?

i think in general typeCentral is at stage 3, and groups of people within typeC are in other stages.

in the video he mentioned that tribes in each stage can only see into the stages which are one seperation from them- so Stage 3 tribes can only see into Stage 2 and Stage 4.
in general typeCentral doesn't seem to have any ability to see into Stage 1, so i think we can't be at Stage 2.

wolfy

awsm
Overall stage three. The culture moves to two depending on the pervasive trend. There is sometimes a move towards four but it can't last due to the nature of the forum. Also in some ways type is about what values separate us than it is about what we have in common.

Overall, I think there is one value we do have in common. If that became the core I think the culture would improve to include four.

Mole

Permabanned
Did you ever see my old sig quote?

Because that was exactly what I was talking about....aside from the Wind and the Willows thing.

But, I caved in and read the first chapter. It's hard not to relate to mole or rat because they are the main characters. I'm not much like otter, too chatty. Toad, ha, sort of. Badger, sure, especially when I have work to be done I get mean.

I guess mole, although rat's description of being in constant movement, despite having no direction/destination, was pretty familiar.

I'm a mole-rat with a badger wing :)

It's interesting you are like Mole and the Water Rat with a touch of Mr Badger.

It seems Mole might be introverted and the Water Rat extroverted. And Mr Badger lives underground like Mole but he lives underground in the Wild Wood full of Weasels and Stoats but he is not afraid of them, rather the other way around.

So it sounds, Bamboo, as though you have an interesting personality.

Mole

Permabanned
Overall stage three. The culture moves to two depending on the pervasive trend. There is sometimes a move towards four but it can't last due to the nature of the forum. Also in some ways type is about what values separate us than it is about what we have in common.

Overall, I think there is one value we do have in common. If that became the core I think the culture would improve to include four.

This is an interesting way of looking at it, Wolfy. Particularly in what separates us and what we have in common.

I am though very interested to learn what value we do have in common. Particularly if it would move Typology Central up to stage 4.

So would you tell us what is the value you mention above?

Mole

Permabanned
i think in general typeCentral is at stage 3, and groups of people within typeC are in other stages.

in the video he mentioned that tribes in each stage can only see into the stages which are one seperation from them- so Stage 3 tribes can only see into Stage 2 and Stage 4.
in general typeCentral doesn't seem to have any ability to see into Stage 1, so i think we can't be at Stage 2.

This is a very interesting comment Kingfisher. And it's true that there are very few threats of violence. However when I have insisted on expressing myself in an unusual way, I have been threatened with violence twice, but only twice.

So it seems that under the stress of the new some members will regress to stage 1. However this is quite rare and the moderators put a stop to it.

However you seem to be quite right. We are as a group at stage 3 with smaller groups at surrounding stages.

If this is true, we need members at stage 4 to help us to move up to stage 4 and join them.

wolfy

awsm
This is an interesting way of looking at it, Wolfy. Particularly in what separates us and what we have in common.

I am though very interested to learn what value we do have in common. Particularly if it would move Typology Central up to stage 4.

So would you tell us what is the value you mention above?

Understanding.
At it's core it is about self knowledge and how to orient oneself in the world.