• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and religion?

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Name your type and list the religion, or lack of one, that you adhere to.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP, I'm a Deist and have a good bit of Gnostic beliefs. I have an agnostic view of god.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
ESTJ, and I just recently started going to a Methodist church, like, about two months ago. Before that, I had never been to any religious service. I had more or less been raised to believe that religion was only a cause for problems and that it "shouldn't be shoved down anyone's throat," but never having any real knowledge on it, I decided to give it a try and I like it very much. So it's like I'm the opposite of the stereotypical NT on here.

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Could you also state if you believe in God or not? I know a few people in churches who don't think a word of what the pastor says is true and just go there because of some reason

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^You might want to edit that into your OP. I edited it into my response for you.

LEGERdeMAIN

I'm an ISTP, INFP or an INTP or maybe I'm an ESTP looking for an XXXX or a ????. Either way, I'm a Model Agnostic who loves to talk about himself. I hate cake, even though people buy me a cake once a year(inexplicably, on the same exact day). Although I tend to lean towards atheism as my favorite religion, I've also been known to dabble in Discordianism, COE, Thelema, Cannibalism, the Church of Google, and I also like long walks on the beach with Bob Dobbs and the flying spaghetti monster.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm deeply religious, just not a huge fan of organized religion.

I generally cool with whatever works for people.

I just don't like to show those I don't trust my religious side.

(It takes a really long time for me to open up this side to people)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm deeply religious, just not a huge fan of organized religion.

I generally cool with whatever works for people.

I just don't like to show those I don't trust my religious side.

(It takes a really long time for me to open up this side to people)

+1 :yes:

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP - agnostic (veering towards the "spiritual" side of the agnostic spectrum, though born a Jew and raised an atheist)

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP - Reformed Christian battling organized religion. Maybe even a Christian Existentialist.
Or a Nihilist.

It depends on the day.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Could you also state if you believe in God or not? I know a few people in churches who don't think a word of what the pastor says is true and just go there because of some reason

Yes, I have for about two years now.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
ENFP - agnostic. I view the existence of an afterlife and God as something that is useful to believe, I'm not sure I have any reason to believe it. Organised religion isn't really my thing either. It might be the organised part as much as the religion part. I grew up in it, and not being a goldfish, I found it insanely repetitive.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP

Agnostic/Atheist

if such a thing is possible, probably isn't, better just go with agnostic to be safe.

Raised Christian, presently I don't see much value in spending my time pondering my spirituality. I believe that the majority of people who partake in organized religion do so out of fear or ignorance, and frankly I have trouble mustering the energy to develop my own spiritual outlook.

I think that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but I pray that that opinion will be based upon their own independent thought and not the principles thrust upon them by the church.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTP - Agnostic atheist.

I don't really need any existential or spiritual support from any creed, but I can see how some people would. I guide myself.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm not necessarily relgious. I'm spiritual.

I do believe in God. I believe that God, from a metaphorical standpoint, encompasses figures such as Jesus, Muhammad, Lao Tzu, Moses, the Buddha, and so on. I kind of mush all religious values into one supreme faith that is of metaphysical significance.

I am NOT Unitarian Universalist.

A spiritual connection with God should be personal, and something that you feel. Practical faith is more important than theoretical faith, which I think UU is. I've given them a shot, and they're too wrapped up in their minds.

I've found solace in the Unity Movement. It's more or less a Philosophy, because it isn't strictly an organized act of religon, though there are a small number of churches.

I open my mind and soul to any and every belief.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
INFP - Agnostic

I don't really give religion much thought at all.