• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what differences do you notice...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
1 ISTJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, ISFJ (common thread: J)
2 ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP (common thread: EF)
3 ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ, ESTJ (common thread: ET)
4 INFJ, INFP, ENFJ, ISFP (common thread: IF, [en]F)
5 INTP, ISTP, INTJ, ISTJ (common thread: IT)
6 ISFJ, ESFJ, INFP, ENFP (common thread: EF/IF)
7 ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, ENFP (common thread: EP)
8 ENTJ, ESTJ, ENTP, ESTP (common thread: ET)
9 ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, ESTP (common thread: I[e]S[n]F[t]P[j]: all-around moderate)

By deduction and stats, my version (very similar) :)

1. Do the right thing, fear condemnation. Primarily ISJs. NJs also common.
2. Help others, fear of being unloved. Primarily EFJs. SFPs, ISFJs and ENFPs also common.
3. Self improvement, fear of being rejected. Primarily ETPs. SFJs also common.
4. Self understanding, fear of being defective. Primarily INFs. Some ENFs and SFPs.
5. Analyse to understand, fear of being overwhelmed. Primarily ITs. Some INFJs.
6. Loyalty and security, fear of being abandoned. Some SJs and IFPs.
7. Appreciate and explore, fear of being deprived. Primarily EPs. ISTPs also common.
8. Strength and independence, fear of submission. Primarily ETJs. EPs also common.
9. Accept others and do the right thing, fear of separation. Primarily IFPs. STPs and ISFJs also common.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
7. Appreciate and explore, fear of being deprived. Primarily EFPs. STPs also common.

7 is ENTPs as well. In the thread for entp enneagram differences, 7s outnumbered every other response. I think of 7 as the ExxP enneagram.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Cool, fixed. I wasn't sure about ENTPs, I just knew they were less certain 7s than EFPs. I think some enneagrams link better with functions than type. ie. seven is a very Pe attitude.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I like it when you decide to post theory. All of this sounds about right.

Phlegmatic = 9... check for me.
Behind the scenes = 9... check for me.

Here's a question- Wouldn't 8 correlate to Choleric? If so, why do you think I didn't score very high in Choleric? Since I'm a very clear 9w8.

That's true, and I don't know why you would have come out with an 8 wing at all, since you're not an In Charge (EST/ENJ; and I also believe NT corresponds). ISFP would be Phegmatic-Sanguine. But IIRC, you had said in the humor temperament discussions that you were low on Sanguine, and we initially determined that INFP was more likely. Then, shortly afterward, you changed it back to the S.
If they allowed nonajdcaent wings, or different variant types, then I would say ISFP would amount to a 9w7 or 9so7sp. Perhaps 8 is the next closest possible wing, so that's what's being picked up?

It could be the area of Affection (sx). Do you act more Choleric with closer relationships? (i.e. you approach them a lot, but you only want them to approach you on your own terms)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's true, and I don't know why you would have come out with an 8 wing at all, since you're not an In Charge (EST/ENJ; and I also believe NT corresponds).

The 8 wing is very apparent within me. I always have a constant brewing anger towards certain people, and as a 9 I am always trying to suppress this anger and nullify it. To express my anger, I'm very passive aggressive. These are with people that I'm not concerned about keeping peace with. Other people, however, I am very concerned with keeping the peace with, and avoid doing this at all costs. This is very basic 9w8 stuff, but then again 9w8 is a very complex type to understand.

I don't think that In Charge would factor into an 8 wing really. 7w8's would be primarily Get Things Going, and 9w8's would be primarily Behind the Scenes still (except for the ESTP 7w8s, and the non I__P 9's [besides ISTPs of course. Damn SPs making things more complicated!]).

If they allowed nonajdcaent wings, or different variant types, then I would say ISFP would amount to a 9w7 or 9so7sp. Perhaps 8 is the next closest possible wing, so that's what's being picked up?

It could be the area of Affection (sx). Do you act more Choleric with closer relationships? (i.e. you approach them a lot, but you only want them to approach you on your own terms)
Bolded- Yes, yes, and yes. I feel much more safe to let out my 8 side when I've bonded with someone in some way. And aren't sx mains supposed to demonstrate their wings more often than other instinctual variants anyways?

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is in fact the internet. I can bite my tongue on here. In real life I am MUCH less tactful. I can't count on my hand how many times a day that I screw up with tact and being blunt in some way. In Ventrilo (voice chat here) and in real life, the 8 wing really shows. But on here I make an effort to not offend people (unless they are on my "blacklist" of people that I don't want to keep peace with). I can't deal with overly sensitive people for this reason, the Feeling types or Heart oriented types I have a very hard time with (besides some 3's).

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i consider enneagram a necessity when typing someone. different enneagram types have drastically different expressions. mb explains how people think, process information, direct their attention, and thusly how they formulate the thoughts they communicate. enneagram explains their motivations for expressing themselves in the way that they do. they are both absolutely necessary in my eyes.

i dig 5w4s bc they have the same iconoclastic aesthetic vision (deeply theoretical and conceptual in their articulations). 4w5s have so much wisdom about the self, 7w6s get me going with enthusiasm and gentleness, 9w1s are the most loving type, 6w5 provides a gold standard of good conduct, 6w7 wants to build the most secure and committed relationships, and 4w3 is the most stylistic and immediately off-the-cuff engaging to my aesthetic sense. 5w6 is a great scientist and good-information-giver. 2w1 seems like it would be a good type for me.

7w8 is like an alter-ego type for me, i don't ever understand it but i'm always sooooo close, and i can see EASILY envision myself as a 7w8 on the outside, yet i can't quite grasp the logic of it internally. it is a riddle to me in that way. the 7w8 confidence is extremely appealing in a seductive way, heightened by the "i-dont-trust-it" factor. i am trying to figure out which ennea type the enfj seductress is (ie angelina jolie, i'm guessing 3w4 and 7w8... this would help clarify whether she is enfj or estp). the strong physical presence is what makes it. i think 7w8 would be my enneagram shadow. tho at times i also have the over-winged feel of inverting myself and being 4w5, which creates stress/is the result of stress.

when i integrate and mimic Te a little more, a little more focused objectives/goal structures (but using Fe to motivate), and go to 8 a little more, a little more direct communication and focused leadership, i am 1000% better. i take more responsibility, assert myself more, and actually contribute/participate far more effectively, believing that i can actually positively affect the situation and that improvement and better direction is possible.

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find BlueScreen's deduction pretty accurate of myself (INTP), and my close and best friends (ISTJ and INFJ)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None have the same Enneagram as I do. Which I find curious.