• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differing Perception and Different Judgment, how do they effect interactions?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I mean by this is not sharing Si/Ne and not sharing Fe/Ti etc, how do these factors effect relations and understandings between people?

I already know a good bit about this, but I'll post my thoughts later.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think the difference would be more immediately noticable when the difference is between extroverted functions. For example, an INTJ and an ISTJ could probably relate quite well on at least a superficial level, because their outwards attitude to the world is governed by Te. Only once you get underneath the surface do the the differences start to show. I could well imagine the two agreeing on the end goal, then arguing over how to get there! Depending on how they handle the situation, this could result in either a very succesful pair, or a deadlock of wills.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
judging functions you share the same rationale, perceiving functions you see the same things.

same functions in a drastically different balance can be stressful, like the other is misusing the functions or seems "shallow" or "overly ____."

functions of opposite orientation, when healthy, can be really great. a lot of the greatest relationship matches seem like the same function in the opposite direction. it gives like a completeness to the function, Ne-Ni, Fe-Fi, etc. i seem to know a few entj-intp couples too. i've seen a lot of estp-istj evidence as well.

i see a lot of relationships possible. entp-infp conflict is how i relate, as infj, to entj. my first judging function (aux Fe conflicting with dominant Te). or how much i like people with strong Ti, bc that's what i feel ooh'd and ahh'd by right now, what i need to develop.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the difference would be more immediately noticable when the difference is between extroverted functions. For example, an INTJ and an ISTJ could probably relate quite well on at least a superficial level, because their outwards attitude to the world is governed by Te. Only once you get underneath the surface do the the differences start to show. I could well imagine the two agreeing on the end goal, then arguing over how to get there! Depending on how they handle the situation, this could result in either a very succesful pair, or a deadlock of wills.
I know I was always too abstract for my ISTJ family, so an INTJ would probably really be "out there" to them, though as you said, the common Te would make up for it some (though I imagine the Si vs Ni might push their Te conclusions in different directions).

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I know I was always too abstract for my ISTJ family, so an INTJ would probably really be "out there" to them, though as you said, the common Te would make up for it some (though I imagine the Si vs Ni might push their Te conclusions in different directions).

You have a point of, course. The output of Te (or any other function) is dependent upon which other function it is linked to. It is quite possible that the Si/Ni will lead the two to seek different goals.

Lets imagine that the two are in a business. It is possible that they both a gree on a general goal - "improve the businesses prospects" - but then argue over how. The ISTJ wants to increase the businesses stability and security, while the INTJ wants to expand into a new market. With a bit of look they could manage to see the validity of both, and come to some compremise - "build a reliable core of low risk/low profit work and then experiment in other areas" perhaps.

However, as you say, the difference in percieving functions might mean that they never wound up in business together at all! The INTJ decided that the goal was discovering a cure for cancer, where as the ISTJ went into law enforcement instead...