• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stop Making MBTI Larger than it is.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Bewwbssss....

drooling-6.gif

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, I think that people are taking the descriptions of Typology too specific and serious.

http://www.answers.com/model said:
3.A schematic description of a system, theory, or phenomenon that accounts for its known or inferred properties and may be used for further study of its characteristics

I've said this before, personality types are models for human responses. They aren't perfect, they are just a model. Just because people use them inappropriately doesn't make the model less valid (or more valid)

I spend my life thinking about how people act, thinking about why they act, what makes them act that way, what benefit they get from acting that way. Comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people. Personality typing is just another way to think about it.

Rather than other people taking it too seriously, maybe you are taking them too seriously.

Jaguar

I spend my life thinking about how people act, thinking about why they act, what makes them act that way, what benefit they get from acting that way. Comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people. Personality typing is just another way to think about it.

Rather than other people taking it too seriously, maybe you are taking them too seriously.

You spend your life comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people.

:huh::shock::huh::shock:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There was some chance we could have seen boobs. See what you did?! There's people out there putting their shirts back on and turning off the webcams now. Only Halla posted his boobs before this consciousness raising thing you got here, but he was going to do that anyway. SEE WHAT YOU DID?!

We can only hope this subforum is as boring to most people as it seems to be. Maybe they didn't see your messages.

+1

That's almost verbatim what I wanted to say earlier, except replace "not seeing boobs" with "LA leaving the forum."

+1!

THIS is another thing I've been thinking. I mean, of course we don't ACTUALLY think Typology can be applied to all those things. Half of the time it's a mockery of stereotypes.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
It's being blown way out of proportion.

We're analyzing every single strain of information we can, drawing unreasonable assumptions, and just taking this thing way too far.

We fail to see the basic and general fundamentals at which Myers Briggs really revolves around. We've gone off on irrelevant tangents. We've lost touch of reality. Reality being that MBTI is not as serious as we presume it to be.

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.

Yeah, I know. It's ridiculous.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've said this before, personality types are models for human responses. They aren't perfect, they are just a model. Just because people use them inappropriately doesn't make the model less valid (or more valid)

I disagree.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Once again, let me explain myself.

This was all sparked, because people link MBTI traits to every known personality trait and every physical and mental characteristics that it is too much. It doesn't give any other factors a chance at influence.

Plus, is it so wrong of me to say that people do take it too seriously? How can you tell me that that is not legit.

Jaguar

Once again, let me explain myself.

This was all sparked, because people link MBTI traits to every known personality trait and every physical and mental characteristics that it is too much. It doesn't give any other factors a chance at influence.

Plus, is it so wrong of me to say that people do take it too seriously? How can you tell me that that is not legit.

Why do you think I started the thread: Typewatching by Urine Color?
That was my way of mocking how completely obsessed people have become.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
You don't think the "type watching by face/elbows/boobs...ect" were serious, do you? Everyone was just having a bit of fun. At least I know I was. I didn't post my picture because I actually thought it revealed anything about my type, I was just goofing off.

I'll grant you, there are some on this forum that take this stuff too seriously. I won't deny that. But sometimes I think people are just trying to look at MBTI in new ways. Sometimes the new ways of looking at it is helpful and sometimes not. But it's fun.:)

As for myself, I have no one in my life who is interested in this stuff and I can only discuss my thoughts about typology on this forum. I have many other interests, but I stick to discussing typology here because, well, it's Typology Central.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
But I'm trying to take a step back, look at the larger picture, and hopefully begin to realize that we can't rely so heavily on Myers Briggs.

Is that fair to say?

I think it's fair to say. I change it up by also relying heavily on the Enneagram.

:D

There are a lot of forums here though, such as the Channels, that offer a change from MBTI once in awhile. I usually visit the general typology forum, then the NF forum, then the Bonfire, then the Channels. It seems like this forum just has a fun group of people in general...

Jaguar

You don't think the "type watching by face/elbows/boobs...ect" were serious, do you?

Those threads have nothing to do with the big picture.
It's the big picture that's the problem.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sensors are all stupids. I'm N, so I'm smart and creative.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's being blown way out of proportion.

We're analyzing every single strain of information we can, drawing unreasonable assumptions, and just taking this thing way too far.

We fail to see the basic and general fundamentals at which Myers Briggs really revolves around. We've gone off on irrelevant tangents. We've lost touch of reality. Reality being that MBTI is not as serious as we presume it to be.

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.

Actually most people here don't really use MBTI anymore; it's changed into something totally different.

It's not MBTIcentral; it's typologycentral.