• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stop Making MBTI Larger than it is.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's being blown way out of proportion.

We're analyzing every single strain of information we can, drawing unreasonable assumptions, and just taking this thing way too far.

We fail to see the basic and general fundamentals at which Myers Briggs really revolves around. We've gone off on irrelevant tangents. We've lost touch of reality. Reality being that MBTI is not as serious as we presume it to be.

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.

Best example I can think of:
The religion comment was right on. The forum is bad, but it's even worse in chat. Certain members will type and retype others every other sentence...kind of like:

Oh, you sound more like a INTJ, not an INFJ....

thirty seconds later:

Yeah, that's actually very common with ISFJ's, maybe you're not an INTJ....

seriously, it keeps going and going and going and then I have to close vent so I don't become vomitious.

Last edited:

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Agreed, many people define themselves by their type instead of letting their type define themselves.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You posted..
In my experience Ts tend to like anal sex, rape, anal penises, while the F's, tend, to like pussy boobs, asses big ass

in Anal sex or anal asses, tits, boobs?.

I thought you were making a reference.

if you weren't, Good Job anyway.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, it seems to me MBTI IS a big deal here, even if it's not in real life, because it's the only thing the whole community shares an interest in. If we stop making it a big deal, we'll lose cohesion and stop coming here.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well, it seems to me MBTI IS a big deal here, even if it's not in real life, because it's the only thing the whole community shares an interest in. If we stop making it a big deal, we'll lose cohesion and stop coming here.

That's what I said in my OP.

But I think people need to realize that, in reality, MBTI isn't as relevant and concrete as me infer here. It's a problem because we learn to make judgments from it that are unnecessary and sometimes wrong. It's like over using a tool, so much that it becomes over redundant, annoying, and faulty.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That's what I said in my OP.

But I think people need to realize that, in reality, MBTI isn't as relevant and concrete as me infer here. It's a problem because we learn to make judgments from it that are unnecessary and sometimes wrong. It's like over using a tool, so much that it becomes over redundant, annoying, and faulty.

I don't think that will help do anything but reduce the amount of time people spend posting here. Is your intention to drive people away and get them to spend more time in real life?

I'm not going to let you. Stop your crusade!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't think that will help do anything but reduce the amount of time people spend posting here. Is your intention to drive people away and get them to spend more time in real life?

I'm not going to let you. Stop your crusade!

No, not at all. You're missing my point.

Spend as much time here, but realize that we are so focused in on reading into every little crack and crevice of MBTI, that we fail to see the large picture, and we fail to realize how general MBTI is. A lot of us here think it's some huge unifying, defined, set in stone scheme that magically lays its seeds into every one of our psyches.

That is exaggerated quite a bit, but I'm trying to make a point.

Mole

Permabanned
The Magic Pudding

Almost all successful communes have a religious core. And our core is MBTI.

MBTI is an article of faith. It cannot be proven or disproven - just like any good religious belief. So you can believe it or disbelieve it, according to taste.

So MBTI can be embraced with religious fervour or it can be crusaded against with equal fervour. And it is the fervour that is important. We bond together in a fever of fervour.

Let's face reality here - MBTI is hot. And it makes us hot.

MBTI keeps us simmering. But best of all, it is never done. It just keeps simmering, simmering on the top of the stove.

MBTI is a magic pudding - the more we eat, the more there is.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I think people need to realize that, in reality, MBTI isn't as relevant and concrete as we infer here. It's a problem because we learn to make judgments from it that are unnecessary and sometimes wrong.

:yes:

It's becoming a bit much for me, to be honest. These threads trying to state what people can and can't do based on their type...it's doing more harm than good, I think. I'll probably take a break from the forum within the next few months. Not sure if that break will be temporary or permanent.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Almost all religious communes have a religious core. And our core is MBTI.

MBTI is an article of faith. It cannot be proven or disproven - just like any good religious belief. So you can believe it or disbelieve it, according to taste.

So MBTI can be embraced with religious fervour or it can be crusaded against with equal fervour. And it is the fervour that is most important. It is the fervour that unites us in a fever of fervour.

MBTI keeps us simmering. But best of all, it is never done. It just keeps simmering, simmering on the top of the stove.

Pudding?

...What?!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

So MBTI can be embraced with religious fervour or it can be crusaded against with equal fervour. And it is the fervour that is important. It is the fervour that unites us in a fever.

+1.

People think you are crazy.

I think you are brilliant.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I find it immensely useful to better understand how people around me view life. MBTI can help you find out what friends/family/coworkers can't articulate and tell you about their needs and interpretations of what you say. As an NF, I get a gut feel for people's emotions at a given moment but that just touches the surface. But what makes people tick? I enjoy just sitting in a public place and watching people walk by, trying to understand what they are thinking.

On the flip side, like you said it's easy to take it too far and spend hours on a subject which isn't that important. However MBTI is *the* purpose of this forum. But I agree, shouldn't go so far as to put types in a box for what they can and can't do. And assuming one type has certain elbows/hands is just plain silly. ;)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

So MBTI can be embraced with religious fervour or it can be crusaded against with equal fervour. And it is the fervour that is important. It is the fervour that unites us in a fever.

I actually understand and kind of agree with you here.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually understand and kind of agree with you here.

well, except for the pudding.

I am an American.
I only eat cold pudding.
(Jello pop, if possible.)

wolfy

awsm
Carrying on with the wonderful pudding analogy...
The proof is in the pudding.
If there is some aspect that seems to work and help me in my life then I've used it. As for all the rest, I've simply rejected it. Just another tool in the toolbox, something to help you reflect on yourself and others.
A mirror, mirrors have flaws. Or a map, the map is not the territory. Or a delicious baked cheesecake, you can overbake a cheesecake.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
MBTi is about as useful for unjustifying ideas, as it is for justifying them. Once one realises this, they can happily argue the irrelevant as an abstract theory.

Also, sometimes science is about floating and testing ideas. People are exploring. Exploring is fun. Let them play.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:yes:

It's becoming a bit much for me, to be honest. These threads trying to state what people can and can't do based on their type...it's doing more harm than good, I think. I'll probably take a break from the forum within the next few months. Not sure if that break will be temporary or permanent.

:(

What a frustrating way of thinking.

See, I told you, OP. You're going to drive people away, encouraging them to leave here, forget us, and embrace that stupid reality.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
well, except for the pudding.

I am an American.
I only eat cold pudding.
(Jello pop, if possible.)

Oh yes, I just sort of replaced the "hot pudding" metaphor with tasty tasty instant pudding.