• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does each type define success?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Success is never knowing what success really means.

wolfy

awsm
I would think success is you decided what you want to happen and you made it happen.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Success for me means being in a loving relationship, having a rich personal life and a positive financial flow in effect to be able to live without stress.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Success for me means being in a loving relationship, having a rich personal life and a positive financial flow in effect to be able to live without stress.

I like this. Since I must add a bit of materialistic-competitive-driven ENTJ stuff I'll also say being proficient at the sports I like best :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I seriously expected you to have said 'World Domination' when I saw this thread :D

wolfy

awsm
I was thinking about what Kingfisher and Jaguar said about success being when you don't have to think about defining it and it reminded me of this post by Synarch on confidence

Confidence = You're okay no matter what.
Independent yet engaged in the physical and social world around you.

I think that is a great definition of how you success would feel as a state. And that is something you can have any time.

As far as the more general type of success then I would define that as a person who has the available skills and resources to make things happen. Self sufficiency and the ability to make things happen.

It seems to me there is really no such thing as a success. Success is always in the past tense and always subjective.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Success:

For me, this means never being complacent with what I have. Always moving up and moving on. Whether this progress regards me as a person, a lawyer, (eventually) a father, a citizen, or w/e. I never want to lose my ambition.

It also means that I never stop learning or wanting to learn. I'm of the opinion that the day you stop learning is the day you die (not literally of course). I just want to make sure I keep my intellectual hunger.

Most importantly, this means family. There are many things I was put on this Earth to do, but none of them is more important or more impactful on the world than being a father. I look forward to teaching my children all of my accumulated knowledge. I look forward to loving my family more than I love myself, because it is only through this act that you can find true happiness.

Success to me means finding the love of my life. I'm talking about the Romeo and Juliet, moon and the stars, I'd light myself on fire to save you love. Finding a woman to challenge me and my perceptions of the world, to show me that my way isn't the only way, to help me grow, to make me into the man I'm destined to be.

I see success as living according to my beliefs and concepts of justice. Holding those accountable who would use their gifts to disparage those of lower class or capability. Fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. More importantly, showing those who don't know how to help themselves how to do so.

Success means a lot of things to me, and I won't compromise on any of them.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me (I can't speak for someone else) to succeed means to accomplish my current goals in life, which in the broadest terms are to become someone I and the people who matter to me can respect. However, since if I were to accomplish that goal, I'd only want something more, I'll never have true and final success. Success, therefore, is more like a projection of my desires than something I can experience in the here, now, and forever. All I get in the present, and all I can ever get, is a fragile and fleeting satisfaction that will soon give way to new wants and woes.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've answered this as part of other surveys.

I think I have on *ROUGHLY* equal par.. in no particular order..

-entertainment
-money
-relationship
-wisdom
-intelligence
-capability

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Success is knowing I gave it everything I've got. No matter what the outcome.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
1. Good health
2. Basic needs met
3. Spiritual, mental and emotional growth taking place
4. Good relationships
5. Able to do what I enjoy for a career
6. Realizing that my happiness is my own responsibility.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Suceeding one's life or "how to be successful for 24 hours" is to me :

Respecting oneself and my environment

Knowing my desires and needs

Learning, improving about what is important to me

Respecting my own freedom and rythm of life,

Having a good circle of friends whith who sharing deep thoughts and feelings.

Being independant

Having humour and knowing how to relax, mainly in difficult situations

Being loved beyond apparences (probably the most difficult)

Feeling good and in harmony with myself and the persons who are dear to me.

Feeling secure in the present (money, comfort, being self-confident physically but also intellectually)

Following my own motivations for my future (to believe in my dear plans, even if they might change).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me it is a combination of security, happiness, and having the freedom to reach one's potential in at least one area.

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Happiness, nothing more and nothing less. Although having a house and college degree of some sort would be good too.

In tests of some sort? Being around the top is enough for me. I pride myself on achieving highly, but I don't care much about being at the extreme top. If I were though, it would be nice to see all those NJs around me trying to beat me and failing :laugh:
Never gonna happen though, not with my level of unmotivation. Is that even a word?

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being satisfied. But not too satisfied, because that costs money.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, success would mean being so certain of who you are that you almost never lose your sense of self in your surroundings; that you never succumb to external pressures to change. If I don't have that, I feel I'm susceptible to anything. I don't care about much after death but I do want to be able to say that I stood by my principles against all odds.