• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what means concretely to have Ti and Se in inferior?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, folks!
As an ISTP, my most favourite functions are Ti and Se, wich are the most spontaneous and the most easy to use with me. So, it's a little hard for me to represent how these functions work concretely when we have them in inferior and I would like to know how you ESFJs, INFJs, ENFJs and INTJs here deal with. I'm curious.

VagrantFarce

From an old thread of mine:
[url=http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/22746-inferior-projection.html]http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/22746-inferior-projection.html[/url] said:
"I don't have to persue my inferior function, look at what it does to the world..."

INJ (se): "...such a brutal, sensate landscape. why do people settle for animalistic immediacy? I'm not an animal, that's for sure. I'll conceive my own reality, on my own terms."

EFJ (ti): "...cold, hard logic doesn't go anywhere toward helping people. where would we be without each other? why risk breaking that neccessary bond?"

Won't be as good as from the horse's mouth, but it's something to mull over in the mean time. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, INJ, baasically don't trust their instincts and prefer build and explore their internal world rather act. EFJ are not attracted with pure logic. But I know ESFJs who love maths and an ENFJ who claims to can be extremely logic and rational. And it's true but that process is submit to Fe though and she can't analyse things without the human factor. Myself, I can think the human factor is very important and that I need relationships, but it's just a thought: feeling stuff detached from the analytical and logical side are unthinkable.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some reason I see Se in ENTJ's the most. Maybe it's the Te that makes it apparent. Dunno.

VagrantFarce

OK, INJ, baasically don't trust their instincts and prefer build and explore their internal world rather act. EFJ are not attracts by pure logic. But I know ESFJs who love maths and an ENFJ who claims to can be extremely logic and rational. And it's true but that process is submit to Fe though and she can't analyse things without the human factor. Myself, I can think the human factor is very important and that I need relationships, but it's just a thought: feeling stuff detached from the analytical and logical side are unthinkable.

That thread was an attempt to explore why a type might reject their inferior function by projecting it onto the rest of the world. If they accept and nurture it, obviously what I suggest doesn't apply.

(or maybe you mistyped your friends or yourself or something else, I dunno )

[edit] quotin' from the book again!

Inferior Se said:
Their Extraverted Sensate skills are undeveloped in the sense that INJs have a hard time seeing themselves objectively. Physicality, for these types, is quite nearly another conceptual viewpoint, a way of looking at life. INJs tend to enjoy fantasies and myths in which the hero has evolved a perfect combination of visceral and cerebral skills, but in practise, the two usually run on parallel tracks. Indeed, INJs who lack Extraverted Judgement are likely to neglect their practical and material needs, regarding visits to the dentist or eye doctor as time wasters, letting everyday chores pile up, or assuming that bills, retirement plans, and health insurance will take care of themselves.

Inferior Ti said:
What's at issue here is the approach to life Introverted Thinking makes possible. The impassive curiosity it fosters strikes EFJs as cold and inhuman, tantamount to pulling the wings off flies to see if they feel pain.

In truth, the wholistic perspective of Introverted Thinking has persuaded them that they need to control all the variables of the situations that matter to them. But given their dominant left-brain viewpoint, they're trying to do this by changing or eliminating the variables that strike them as negative and unworthy of selection; and given their defence against inner conflict, they're focusing all their attention on the outer world. Because it's manifestly impossible to be everywhere at once and get everything under control, these types are never entierly satisfied and always under pressure. Moreover, because their standards are unrealistic, they consistently feel that others aren't doing their share of the work, that they're stuck with it all.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interestingly, a number of my INFJ female friends seemed to marry SP guys.
I've long thought that the Se is what attracted them.