• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has intuition ever saved your life?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My eyes are fine but I might as well be Mr. Magoo (unless my adrenaline is pumping then I am hyperaware of my surroundings).
Yup intuition saves my life many a time...should just change my lifestyle…it would be so much easier

Nevertheless, think core introversion saves me more however in the big picture

nanook

a scream in a vortex
typological "intuition"?
as i understand it, it saved the live of my personality.
- the striving for a mental place, that can deal with the biggest contradictions.
- a place that allows me to live 'in' the incompatible virtual realities of the subjectivity of my parents without completely falling for them.
- understanding things that can not be understood by any concrete intelligence.
= i can not predict the future, but the concrete understanding of the future.
.. secretly orient myself towards a lost or hidden or forbidden vision of what is real.

classical intuition? don't know, maybe.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Since I was a child, my intuition told me "almost everything you will hear is wrong." I've gotten a long way in life by following that intuition.

Usehername

On a mission
My classmate was out with a few of her friends when one of them suddenly got extremely pale and immediately knew something was wrong with his twin. He was so worried that they drove to his home, where they found his twin dead (suicide; unexpected). It didn't save his life but the story pulls me in to wonder how that happened.

G

Ginkgo

If you define "intuition" by MBTI standards, yes.

Have you ever seen a child begging her parents for a little toy horse at a shopping mall? She does that because she knows that if she does it enough, she will get her way. That's how many NFs survive, in one sense or another. However, they would never admit it because they also know that would ruin their self image. But it's how they survive.

Trust me, I know.

G

Ginkgo

My own post gave me an epiphany.

People develop their own morals in order to survive and manipulate those around them. There is no "higher calling" present. That's just an excuse to justify these morals.

This idea is a work in progress. Feel free to elaborate.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Since I was a child, my intuition told me "almost everything you will hear is wrong." I've gotten a long way in life by following that intuition.

Indeed.

In fact, it's probably more accurate to say that cynicism has saved me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I saved the life of my intuition once, besides that bold statement I am no big fan of mysticism :D