• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Split Brain function problem

sculpting

Okay so this will be an odd one.

I am an ENFP-Ne, Fi=Te. So very often on an emotional charged issue, I perceive the problem with Ne. Then I get two judgements back-one Te and one Fi. They conflict.

A good example was on a thread awhile back the question was asked "What is love?" Fi says it is a deep spiritual bonding connection. Te says is a a commitment and long term mutual respect and deep fondness. In my own mind the answers conflict. I really "feel" two versions of love, both correct, yet noncongruent.

I also knew an ISTJ who mentally objectified women. This came out in times of maritial issues. Yet he told his wife she was not objectified. Her response was disbelief at the lack of logic. To the point she felt he was lying and wanted to leave him as he would not tell the truth. It made no sense to me given how profoundly honest he had been about his rather base behaviors, that he would lie about this. After the above love post I told her-maybe he judges you differently. Normal women get the SiTe approach-they are compared and quantified against a "perfect" standard in his mind and then catagorized. However you are judged with SiFi instead. He cant enunciate why you are different-he doesnt understand it, it is very delicate and childlike, he just knows that because he loves you, you are judged in a different way.

So, the above are just two examples of this-I have seen things in ENTPs and INTJs that make me think thie dual judging issue crops up now and then as well.

1) If you are a type with judging functions in the middle, have you seen examples of this in your life? You end up with two correct, yet different answers.

2) What is it like to have two perceiving functions in the middle? Like NeSi for an INTP? Do you perceive things in two ways?

Jaguar

I am an ENFP-Ne, Fi=Te. So very often on an emotional charged issue, I perceive the problem with Ne. Then I get two judgements back-one Te and one Fi. They conflict.

A good example was on a thread awhile back the question was asked "What is love?" Fi says it is a deep spiritual bonding connection. Te says is a a commitment and long term mutual respect and deep fondness. In my own mind the answers conflict. I really "feel" two versions of love, both correct, yet noncongruent.

If that's what love is to Te, forget that nonsense.
I agree with your Fi definition.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. I always feel conflicted between my own analysis of a situation, and the opinions of others.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why would the opinions of others count in such a personal matter?

For non-INTPs, they often do. See, Ti is only my tertiary function... it comes into my consciousness as this unpleasant awareness of what I've skimmed over or ignored in making an assumption, and the destabilizing fact that you can't ever have total rational certainty of things relating to people. That this flawed, imperfect approach is the best I can do and it might not be good enough. It's a vague frustration that I can't figure people out to the same degree one can figure out mathematics or computer programming languages.

Of course, then Fe reminds me that everyone else is operating with the same disadvantage, and that my approach is appreciated by others more often than not if I'm attentive to what's expected rather than sticking to a carefully crafted system, potentially doing some good for both myself and others that simply doing nothing wouldn't permit.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay so this will be an odd one.

It must be a very fine balancing act to keep Fi and Te at equal strength. Almost like always looking for ways to not make a final decision between the two.

And in any case, if Te is making decisions about what is love, next we'll have ENFPs claiming they have Se. Te would much more likely be able to define what it is to live together, to marry, to function in the world as a pair. And if Te had any smarts, all it would say on the topic of love is, well, that living together stuff probably works better if there is love too. (And if it really does start saying what love is, then it's using Fi information.)

The ISTJ sounds like a weirdo. How come he's not a weirdo?