• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lazy Intuitives?

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I find intuitives, especially the F's and/or the P's are perceived as lazy and undisciplined (Or maybe they just are) in our society.

1. Unengaged Intuition: When Ne isn't engaged for tasks, Types with a strong preference for extraverted intuition have an incredibly hard time doing it. This is especially apparent in Ne-doms like ENTP's and ENFP's, but I think it's true for the other types as well. I think when Ni isn't engaged for types with strong introverted intuition, their brains just pack up and leave for their vivid and deep inner world.

2. Perceiving Types Aren't as Big on the Doing: Now if an intuitive-heavy type is also a P, this makes doing uninspiring work even worse. NP's are probably infuriating to supervisors/teachers/coworkers who are of an SJ temperament. INTP/INFP's don't really feel the need to prove they can do anything externally as long as they are sure on the inside they can (I already mentioned the ENXP's difficulty so I won't repeat myself).

3. Feelers Even Moreso: If they are an XNFP I think this selective work ethic problem grows even worse since F has an issue with dryness.

4.To cap it all off, I think INFP's are or seem like the laziest type, because of their introverted nature. ENFP's seem at least to be involved in external reality....usually.

If I may offer an example based on tenuous anecdotal "evidence". If you disagree with my characterizations of the Beatles, treat these people as fictional characters in a fictional band. Paul McCartney and John Lennon of the Beatles were very different songwriters. I would type McCartney as ISFP and Lennon as INFP. Since extraverted sensing loves experiencing things for its own sake, McCartney was constantly writing songs, finding new influences and mastering his instrument. Lennon always seemed to need inspiration and always complained how Paul would walk in one day with 20 songs and ask to record and John would have to grudgingly come up with something (This happened supposedly on Sgt. Pepper's). He didn't want to force his songs. Not to mention I have read (And kind of noticed from listening) John wasn't as adept instrumentally as Paul. Biographies also characterize Lennon as very lazy.

Does this make intuitives lazy, or is this just a perception from an S dominant world? We hate doing unpleasant things, but when our intuition is engaged, it seems like nothing can stop us. What do you think?

Hopefully everything I am asking and saying isn't really obvious and you can overcome the convoluted sentences :doh:

Chloe

i'm even too lazy to read this. but i agree with the title, and that NFPs are best in being lazy.

eh hey, yeah... i just think other day about this.. how my family was constantly saying to me that i'm lazy.. which i finally think that isn't true.. i think i'm simply lazy for S stuff and if given enough N surrounding and stuff i wouldn't be lazy.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I find intuitives, especially the F's and/or the P's are perceived as lazy and undisciplined (Or maybe they just are) in our society.

1. Unengaged Intuition: When Ne isn't engaged for tasks, Types with a strong preference for extraverted intuition have an incredibly hard time doing it. This is especially apparent in Ne-doms like ENTP's and ENFP's, but I think it's true for the other types as well. I think when Ni isn't engaged for types with strong introverted intuition, their brains just pack up and leave for their vivid and deep inner world.

2. Perceiving Types Aren't as Big on the Doing: Now if an intuitive-heavy type is also a P, this makes doing uninspiring work even worse. NP's are probably infuriating to supervisors/teachers/coworkers who are of an SJ temperament. INTP/INFP's don't really feel the need to prove they can do anything externally as long as they are sure on the inside they can (I already mentioned the ENXP's difficulty so I won't repeat myself).

3. Feelers Even Moreso: If they are an XNFP I think this selective work ethic problem grows even worse since F has an issue with dryness.

4.To cap it all off, I think INFP's are or seem like the laziest type, because of their introverted nature. ENFP's seem at least to be involved in external reality....usually.

If I may offer an example based on tenuous anecdotal "evidence". If you disagree with my characterizations of the Beatles, treat these people as fictional characters in a fictional band. Paul McCartney and John Lennon of the Beatles were very different songwriters. I would type McCartney as ISFP and Lennon as INFP. Since extraverted sensing loves experiencing things for its own sake, McCartney was constantly writing songs, finding new influences and mastering his instrument. Lennon always seemed to need inspiration and always complained how Paul would walk in one day with 20 songs and ask to record and John would have to grudgingly come up with something (This happened supposedly on Sgt. Pepper's). He didn't want to force his songs. Not to mention I have read (And kind of noticed from listening) John wasn't as adept instrumentally as Paul. Biographies also characterize Lennon as very lazy.

Does this make intuitives lazy, or is this just a perception from an S dominant world? We hate doing unpleasant things, but when our intuition is engaged, it seems like nothing can stop us. What do you think?

Hopefully everything I am asking and saying isn't really obvious and you can overcome the convoluted sentences :doh:

:2up:

:laugh:

:hug:

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i'm even too lazy to read this. but i agree with the title, and that NFPs are best in being lazy.

eh hey, yeah... i just think other day about this.. how my family was constantly saying to me that i'm lazy.. which i finally think that isn't true.. i think i'm simply lazy for S stuff and if given enough N surrounding and stuff i wouldn't be lazy.

Haha I think you speak the truth.

And Biaxident: A hug doesn't cancel out your one finger salute:smile: Besides, I always go on about how much I like INFP's. I am trying to be an objective T, but I am probably failing.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not lazy. I just prefer to think things out before I get to the dirty reality. So by everyone else's subjective observations, I am lazy. But since when do I care what most people think? :D

And I meant that salute in the best possible way. :D :hug:

Think of it as an invitation from a dirty old man.

Puts on blindfold, and lights cigarette..."You may fire when ready Gridley"

:emot-emo:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think you said it right in that NFPs are perceived as lazy in an S dominant culture. Our culture is based on tangible material productivity and accumulation. Since Ns often focus on the intangible and the abstract, it seems like we are often doing nothing.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you said it right in that NFPs are perceived as lazy in an S dominant culture. Our culture is based on tangible material productivity and accumulation. Since Ns often focus on the intangible and the abstract, it seems like we are often doing nothing.

lol!! thats what ALL you intuitives say nowadays.. ;)

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have SO much drive if I am determined to so something.

Anything else and..blehh. Yes, I have to push myself.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
By the accepted standards, I definitely fit the bill, but I don't care.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wait a minute...I don't think I understand what it is (according to the OP) that makes NFPs lazier than NTPs. What is it?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's kind of like the tortoise and the hare. ENxP's especially can start out a task at sprint speed and then give up before they're finished. SJ's just gradually plod along until they get the job done.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait a minute...I don't think I understand what it is (according to the OP) that makes NFPs lazier than NTPs. What is it?

Because NFs think that they're special.

NPs probably seem to appear to be the most lazy.

G

Ginkgo

Yeah, I'm pretty much content knowing that I could do something.

I think that N's are lazy (particularly Ne users) because N is naturally geared toward the future. They may think "Oh, well I can do this later when the time is right", but this usually just results in perpetual procrastination.

Another reason I think Ns are perceived as lazy is because they don't like to be bogged down with the details of another person's agenda. They usually only have to listen to a boss/manager talk for 3 or 4 seconds before they know what they have to do. Afterward, they just float off into space. :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I know personally my ability to get things done is based on thinking. I make a plan at first of why the task should be done, and then half way in when I lose my inspiration I go over the reasons in my head of why I should keep going and finish.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know personally my ability to get things done is based on thinking. I make a plan at first of why the task should be done, and then half way in when I lose my inspiration I go over the reasons in my head of why I should keep going and finish.

Hmmm...but that doesn't answer my question. All you said was that, when you get things done, you use thinking. That doesn't say anything about whether that allows you to get more things done than NFPs.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmmm...but that doesn't answer my question. All you said was that, when you get things done, you use thinking. That doesn't say anything about whether that allows you to get more things done than NFPs.

I believe for ENxP's thinking is what is needed to accomplish tasks. An ENTP is going to prefer thinking more than an ENFP.