• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types most likely to fall for conspiracy theories

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
It depends on the political climate. Right now, because Democrats are in power, conspiracy theories are big with right-wingers, and by extension, SJs. There's the Birthers, the Deathers, FEMA death camps, tea baggin' etc. And when Bush and the Republican majority was in power, we had the 9/11 truthers, which was made up of liberals and libertarians. Libertarians go for conspiracy theories no matter who is in power.

How about the anarchists? They have distrust of the government, after all.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Really though, most conspiracy theories are created as propoganda to serve someones' political agenda.

:rofl1:

Well, I'll have to move right, right, away from the politicians on their campaign for this Saturday's state election :run:

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Don't know if it means anything but I think he has a very strong grasp of Ni.

Nah. To the contrary! Someone with weak Ni would have little idea over how to moderate the function. Although I'm Ni-dominant, I have standards which I use to see whether these ideas stand up to scrutiny. And all of them fail for several reasons:
1) Too many people involved.
2) Logistical nightmare
3) The world is large, you know.
4) Humans don't act rationally.

I could list some more, but there you have it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea, the more mature the function, the less likely it is to come across in a negative fashion such as conspiracy theories. Ni preferrers would know which patterns (that may point to something like a conspiracy) are more likely to be legitimate.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What are they?

My dad, an ISTJ, seems to.

I know I've heard that Ni is what does it, but it seems to me like someone with dominant Ni would have the foresight to see past them.

(Obviously I'm biased against conspiracy theories, so to those who dig them, well, what's your type?)

In my experience, it's been INFPs, ISTJs and INTPs.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
INFP here. I spent a lot of time researching conspiracy theories and think many are facts. I had an ENFP friend who also believed a lot of it. IThe hard part is trying to sort out the BS theories that are mixed in with the ones that seem like they may actually be credible.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
I have a new name for this thread; "Which type of people are less likely to fall for the lies the government and media tells the masses of sheep to instill fear and keep them content enough to be weak?"

Kidding, but so many disregard this type of thing based on the name conspiracy theory without doing any research or reading of their own. They can completely put trust into their government but not everyone who doesn't isn't stupid. There are documented facts that show all kinds of things they don't teach you in school, such as how the whole middle east fiasco started decades ago.
I guess it depends on who's word for it you'll accept.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hmmm...I really think there's a conspiracy here to peg INFJ's as conspiracy theorists. I'm going to send a text message to the homeworld and have you all zapped with a big laser.

***disclaimer-for the very literal folks who may NOT know I'm kidding, I'm kidding...maybe.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't fall for conspiracy theories....I prove them.

Hoooo-zuuuuh !!! :bookish:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i like to read and hear different theories and if someone labels the theory as 'conspiracy', i dont really let it blur my own judgment about it. but it is a fact that most of these conspiracy theories often cannot be proven in one way or another, thats why i dont think its good idea to blindly accept or dismiss them and they really need some throughout examination to be accepted as a reasonable theory or to be dismissed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Conspiracy theories can be especially attractive to individuals who integrate fear into their reasoning. Conspiracy theories can make a person feel like they have insider information, special personal insight, and a way to structure their fears into a set of clear answers. Even if they are powerless to correct the dark world view, knowing what is going on provides some sense of personal power. I can see both iNtuition and Feeling contributing to this, but there are other ways to arrive at conspiracy based conclusions.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, i don't even like to think of it as conspiracy theory as it gives an impression of tinfoil hat wearing off milk sniffing nut jobs sitting in their cupboards with pins and a blackboard. Buuut.....

Hmm, i also don't like the phrasing of 'fall for'...see above.

I just think near anything is possible, this does not mean i subscribe to any specific theories.

I entertain the idea of some.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah. To the contrary! Someone with weak Ni would have little idea over how to moderate the function. Although I'm Ni-dominant, I have standards which I use to see whether these ideas stand up to scrutiny. And all of them fail for several reasons:
1) Too many people involved.
2) Logistical nightmare
3) The world is large, you know.
4) Humans don't act rationally.

I could list some more, but there you have it.
Amen to this. I'm extremely sceptical of conspiracy theories, though I'm also extremely sceptical of the official truth. I reserve the same level of scepticism for both. Well... more scepticism for absolutely wackytastic theories. I think a Ni dom is kind of at home with complexity and shuffling so many versions of the truth that they are less likely than others to e.g. believe we're being controlled by space lizards :blush: . If you see an INFJ nodding their heads to someone explaining any kind of a "certainty" of secret cover ups, they're probs just being polite and maybe thinking of a way to help the poor guy.

Yea, the more mature the function, the less likely it is to come across in a negative fashion such as conspiracy theories. Ni preferrers would know which patterns (that may point to something like a conspiracy) are more likely to be legitimate.
This is a much more accurate description. You know when you see a Ni-dom sitting around being a bit detached not seemingly being productive we're really puzzling away at something. This is the Ni area of expertise. If some wonder at times what we're doing we're reflecting on the inside just letting that complexity of elements change and permutate. Conspiracy theories are too definite and aim for a kind of a simplicity of complex elements you just don't really find in the world as it is.

EDIT: The only person I know whose adopted a "conspiracy theory" suddenly was an ESTP friend who decided that DaVinci Code was a documetary.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
But I'd like to point out that the conspiracy theory about the mimes is actually real. That's 100% real. The others are not.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my experience, it's been INFPs, ISTJs and INTPs.

This is so funny/ironic cause I would say INFP's were to the least and also INTP, and forget even talking to an ISTJ...only going from irl though not on TypeC.

I totally believe in them...and I know 2 esfps and like 4 isfp's ...it may be because one of the esfps just agrees with me to not make conflict though....those darn esfp's!!!!