• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i haven't noticed a pattern as far as intelligence and type go. some types seem to have predispositions to specific skills and talents, but as far as raw intellect goes, i think it's far beyond the parameters of what cognitive functions people prefer to utilize.

preferences do not always indicate deficiencies. i know several people who clearly demonstrate abilities to think in ways that their typological orientation doesn't match up with.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
N's think S's are stupid because they are labeling everyone in their life with any intelligence as N's and anyone who isn't as quick as S's.

This is a weakness.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I guess it depends on which side of the box you're looking at.

G

Ginkgo

Actually, I find that N is a stress reducer. For instance, whenever I am presented with a distasteful situation, I space out and think about fantastical scenarios in which I am a dungeons and dragons character, fighting giant space peacocks with my psychic metamagic abilities.

The "present" is annoying, quite frankly. :D

But I don't think that S archetypes are unintelligent. They frequently have memories as sharp as a tack. On the other hand N users seem to have more of a selective memory.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Actually, I find that N is a stress reducer. For instance, whenever I am presented with a distasteful situation, I space out and think about fantastical scenarios in which I am a dungeons and dragons character, fighting giant space peacocks with my psychic metamagic abilities.

Maybe for you, N is a stress reducer. For me, imagining things and scenarios actually makes me more stressed, and makes me feel bad.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9

That's not N, sweetie. That's Acid.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Actually his post was extremely N.
It was highly imaginative.
You might consider the fact, you aren't.

I'm imagining a world where you have a sense of humor...
Nope, I guess you're right.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Stop using MBTI to explain why you can't have fun.

It's not cool.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lets just leave it at, everybody can be intelegent, curious, annoying and fun to be around. Everybody just has a different way of expressing those things.

Atomic Fiend

Not all Ns think Sensors are stupid, and if the ones that do probably don't think it's because they are Sensors.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Only one person brought up the conscious-subconscious link in a recent thread about function orders.
(Antisocial One's thread, interestingly enough.)

An ISTP.

Was I surprised? No.
But then I'm not stupid.
A truly stupid person would think a Sensor lacks curiosity, or cannot think abstractly.

S or N is a PREFERENCE.
It does not reflect skill or ability.

Anyone who refuses to understand something that simple is the one who is slow, and most definitely stupid.
PREFERENCE

1. Election.
2. Liking
3. Priority

prae: in front
ferre: carry, set.

Adjacent to bear
Related to ferry

To bear a child
Bear: born

Ferry of faran: to go

GO

bear
approve
accept

NOT GO

untolerate
unaccept
refuse

REFUSE

garbage
trash
dross
dregs
scum

An ESTJ said to me: Get out of my house. Never come here again.
I said: Why?

He said: Because you are scum!