• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type is the Most Intuitive About People?

Which Type is the Most Intuitive About People?

• ENFP

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • INTP

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • ISFP

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • ESFP

• ESTJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • ESFJ

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

I like how no one's talking about the INFPs when they are voted at second place after the INFJs. I also like how people actually voted INTPs there.

I think it's because the INFPs think they're the most intuitive, but they just don't want to say anything for fear of being chastised. :D

Not that I would do that myself or anything.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's because the INFPs think their the most intuitive, but they just don't want to say anything for fear of being chastised. :D

Not that I would do that myself or anything.

Aren't you an INFJ in disguise anyway though?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well going from my infj mom and enfp dad...i'd say enfps are pretty good at seeing you...getting who you are...how you feel and why and what makes you feel better and what you're afraid of...and infjs intuit potential problems...can read character have impeccable gut instincts of who to trust...when you're lying or not telling the whole story...

that's my experience anyway....

my mom had these scary knowing eyes...but it was more suspicious like...what are you up to? haha

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
my mom had these scary knowing eyes...but it was more suspicious like...what are you up to? haha

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't be talking about our dark side. We don't admit to that in public, ok?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha you mean that my mother knew i was up to stuff?

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
This poll is like MBTI American Idol.

Can I sing now?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've never met any FPs who were capable of doing this with me. NFJs have come closest.

This.

It's gonna be a personal thing as to who can understand 'you', for me all the interaction I've had with FPs irl has shown me that they just don't get me, they often presume they do but they never have, NFJs and NTPs come the closest.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I say ENFJ.

redacted

Almost every NF I know is really good at this. I know lots of other types that are, too, though...and a few NFs that aren't.

My ISTJ friend is actually incredibly good.

So yeah, I don't exactly know how to vote here.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I find the voting on this poll highly inconsistent with the majority of what NFs say on this forum.

INFJ is in the lead followed by ENFP, INFP, ENFJ. I don't understand why NFs are in the lead. Based on the type of threads most NFs start on this forum ranging from "I'm so deep into my head that relating/communicating with others is a problem" to "Durrr...I didn't even see that brick wall right in front of me!" I'm not understanding why the people who most frequently by their own admission have always felt like outsiders and different from other people can be so "intuitive" about them.

If you have a map (which I'm guessing this means...the ability to read people well) why are people here not using it? Or is this purely theoretical which types are intuitive about others but not in reality? Why is there such a disconnect, but yet people think these types are such great people readers? In my mind, the fruits and outcomes of 'getting people' is that you'd have improved relationships with them. You know how to say things in their language. You know ways to communicate to them, to make yourself understood by them, be more understanding of their POV, make bridges, and emphasize similarities over differences but I don't see that playing out in what people are actually saying.

If really think this thread is NF hubris talking. And, yall are sleeping on thinkers and SFs.

G

Ginkgo

I'm not understanding why the people who most frequently by their own admission have always felt like outsiders and different from other people can be so "intuitive" about them.

Could this be, by any chance, due to the fact that they can see their differences while others cannot? Being intuitive about people doesn't necessarily imply that you can integrate within social structures. In fact, functions such as Ni and Fi prompt their users to highlight differences and similarities among people. This may make a person feel like an island.

I feel that many of these "intuitive" types are instinctively inclined to "build bridges" among people. However, compared to real-life contexts, it is extremely hard to understand people on the internet. There aren't verbal or visual queues to work with, thus they're forced to "intuit" people through online facades.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Could this be, by any chance, due to the fact that they can see their differences while others cannot? Being intuitive about people doesn't necessarily imply that you can integrate within social structures.

I understand about seeing differences. I'm asking where is the emphasis placed. I see more often than not, NFs on this forum emphasizing their differences between themselves and others. When you constantly emphasize the differences between you and someone else, you tend to fail to see opportunities to connect because your experience tells you there's nothing there to connect to. When you are able to see how similar you are to someone, you have more points of connection and the differences, even if they may be legitimate, gain less prominence. I'm not saying you should try to have the golden connection to anyone, but there will be less of that me and them attitude.

In fact, functions such as Ni and Fi prompt their users to highlight differences and similarities among people. This may make a person feel like an island.

If Ni is a pattern-seeking function and Fi is a universal value-seeking function then I would think they're just as capable as uniting as isolating.

I feel that many of these "intuitive" types are instinctively inclined to "build bridges" among people. However, compared to real-life contexts, it is extremely hard to understand people on the internet. There aren't verbal or visual queues to work with, thus they're forced to "intuit" people through online facades.

I'm not referring to internet relationships. Take a stroll through the NF section of this forum and browse through the titles of threads for a few pages and read the OPs. Read the relationship section and see what questions are being asked and note the type of the thread starter. I see just as much uncertainty and confusion about other people, their motives, what drives them as I do in casual conversation or in a Cosmo magazine. And one of the reasons why I think this view is compounded is because there are so few conversations about this happening IRL but when you come to the forum the discussion is "freer" in a sense...not because people aren't willing to discuss these things IRL but because those bridges weren't built or the platform for these types of discussions needs to have a certain atmosphere necessary in order to get people to talk and it takes people being fairly familiar with each other to have a high level of self-disclosure without the anonymity of the internet.

And like you said online facades are coverings. The covering could truly reveal what's underneath or it could obscure it as in real life, but there is a meaningful difference between internet communication and real life communication and I think more energy should go to creating and sustaining real life relationships than internet ones.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP's (others too, not just me) are super intuitive about people. They pick up EVERYTHING. Especially with Ne they can analyze different possibilities as to why people act as they do. INFJ's are really good at judging people's character I find. I know an INTJ who can read me like an open book. It's scary really, since she's the only one I know that can do this. But she's not like this with everybody. I don't know about INFP's, but I'd imagine they are good too.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENFP's (others too, not just me) are super intuitive about people. They pick up EVERYTHING. Especially with Ne they can analyze different possibilities as to why people act as they do. INFJ's are really good at judging people's character I find. I know an INTJ who can read me like an open book. It's scary really, since she's the only one I know that can do this. But she's not like this with everybody. I don't know about INFP's, but I'd imagine they are good too.

Yeah but u'd have to admit that they are basically always wrong when it comes to entps for example, they're just convinced they're right for some reason. Doesn't strike me as pure homemade wisedom

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find the voting on this poll highly inconsistent with the majority of what NFs say on this forum.

INFJ is in the lead followed by ENFP, INFP, ENFJ. I don't understand why NFs are in the lead. Based on the type of threads most NFs start on this forum ranging from "I'm so deep into my head that relating/communicating with others is a problem" to "Durrr...I didn't even see that brick wall right in front of me!" I'm not understanding why the people who most frequently by their own admission have always felt like outsiders and different from other people can be so "intuitive" about them.

If you have a map (which I'm guessing this means...the ability to read people well) why are people here not using it? Or is this purely theoretical which types are intuitive about others but not in reality? Why is there such a disconnect, but yet people think these types are such great people readers? In my mind, the fruits and outcomes of 'getting people' is that you'd have improved relationships with them. You know how to say things in their language. You know ways to communicate to them, to make yourself understood by them, be more understanding of their POV, make bridges, and emphasize similarities over differences but I don't see that playing out in what people are actually saying.

If really think this thread is NF hubris talking. And, yall are sleeping on thinkers and SFs.

Coz you have a mix of all kinds of people here, in different stages of their life. It's not because you *can* in fact read people that you know what to do with that information. Or how to react to it responsibly. Use it efficiently. Not overreact to it because of emotional bagage you yourself carry. In fact, other people's emotional bagage makes it even harder to see your way clear of your own and dealing with it properly. It takes time, practice and skill to get there, just as with anything else.

Yeah but u'd have to admit that they are basically always wrong when it comes to entps for example, they're just convinced they're right for some reason. Doesn't strike me as pure homemade wisedom

That's just coz enfp and entp tend to be too similar so they mistakenly assume the other will quite literally be able to fill in the gaps Ne leaves. Little do we realize it's filled in by Ti and Fi in a completely different way, causing all kinds of misunderstandings. ENFP is indeed not the best mindreader for ENTP. It would appear INFJ is best at that.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I voted ENFP, not based on people I've met online, but people I've known in RL. Now I might be biased because several of the ENFP's I've known have been actors, and actors tend to study people in general regardless of what type they are. However my INFJ wife is an excellent actor, but I don't think she understands people in general the same way that ENFP's do. She has an amazing ability to pick up even the slightest emotion that a person has, but she is kind of clueless as to why most people behave the way they do. She also has amazing insight into anyone who is close to her, but doesn't understand people at large.

On the other hand I'm excellent at understand people's behavior and their underlying motivations, but I totally suck at reading a person's emotional state. ENFP's seem to be pretty good at both. They can read a person's behavior and are also keyed into their emotions. That has been my experience anyway.