• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mis-typed

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Have you ever been mis-typed?? If so, what have you been typed as? What do you think gave off that impression? Are you more open to being mistyped over the internet. If so does that mean that V.I plays a big part when typing someone?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
When I first introduced my INTP friend to MBTI and he wasn't too sure of the dynamics of Introversion and Extroversion, he mistyped me as INFP.

I had to explain to him that drawing energy from external sources, acting before thinking, and generally feeling better after discussion are all very strong Extroverted traits, which I all encompass.

But other than that, I think I'm pretty ENFP-ish. I doubt I'll be mistyped again. I'm too out there to be mistaken for anything less crazy.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I think many ENFPs get mistaken for INFPs... and as you say its mainly because people misinterpret what is truely meant by extraversion

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been typed as an INFP, INFJ and once as an ENFJ

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Why do you think that it... I mean can you see parts of your personna that would give someone that impression??

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I can see this sometimes, not with you specifically, but I can see alot of similarities between ENFP and ENFJ. Its kinda how an ISTP and ISTJ can look alike.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I score high on Ne and Fi but also on Ni and Fe

I already straddle the E/I line, you know that
Apparently, when I'm talking to someone who asks for advice, I go INFJ :shrug:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can see this sometimes, not with you specifically, but I can see alot of similarities between ENFP and ENFJ. Its kinda how an ISTP and ISTJ can look alike.

Interesting that you say that... Someone mis-typed me online as ENFJ... IRL I think my Pness is apparent... It is one of my strongest functions, like 95%-100%. However, the reason that was sighted was Fe and also the fact that i come across as quite emotionally closed on the forum...

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I score high on Ne and Fi but also on Ni and Fe

I already straddle the E/I line, you know that
Apparently, when I'm talking to someone who asks for advice, I go INFJ :shrug:

Totally see the INFJ thing.. esp after talking to you are psychology and spirituality! :D

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tests often give me INTJ, INFJ, and INTP. By people, I've been told INTJ, INFJ, and once even ENFJ (although in that case, the person wasn't very knowledgeable about the MBTI). Basically, what this tells me is that I'm borderline on the T/F and J/P scales: I like logic and human values; and I like structure and flowing. As far as the "E" goes, I think this is because I often try to chat things up to avoid awkward silences, and also because I can, and often enjoy, to extrovert myself for brief lengths of time.

G

Glycerine

ESTJ, INFP, ISXJ. I can come off really nitpicky and analytical with details but I mix up facts and details all the time. :devil: An INFP thought that I was an INFP because she thought that I was very in tune w/ the emotional environment and good at making connections.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
If the type has an I, I've been typed as it on at least one occasion.

If it has an I and a T in it, I've been typed as it on multiple occasions.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
On the INFJ forum I was briefly typed as ENFP. My reaction to this was :rofl1:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I originally mistyped myself as an ENFP, to whence, my friend pointed out to me that I act severely more like an ENFJ...I just want the NFP characteristics. Has all the things I don't have (Ne, Fi, Te, Si), but not in an unbareable order. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
HAHAHAHAHAHA Thats probably because of your love of Disney
:D:D:D

Haha. I did have a Disney avatar over there. :p I think it was because I was giving a description of myself and rather than saying why I think I'm a sensor I just put, "I'm definitely an S," or something like that.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea, people get nervous around those who know their own mind... esp those who think they know better :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I've never been mistyped by a person, as I hardly know anyone in real life who is familiar with MBTI. Tests have mistakenly typed me as INTP, INFP, and ISTJ.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's weird but with the tests I ALWAYS come out as ENFP... Even if I try and skew them !??? :shocking: