• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scenarios of top 2 functions working together

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Please give me scenarios of top 2 functions (you can even make it top 3 if you want) working together. One example is the TiNe combination in an INTP.

Please be as detailed as possible, thanks.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se feeding into Ti is easy. I take in alot of information and it immediatley gets processed by logic. Its basically asking "does that make logical sense". It has nothing to do with feelings. I then piece together what could possibly happen given what I have seen and the logic that would cause it to make sense and rank it based on probability of it happening.

I went to a haunted house. I pointed out the guy on the trash can and started to push my niece towards it to scare her. The second I saw the guy I looked at his hands and noticed that portions were poking up like wire in gloves. It didnt logically line up with what I know about how hands in a glove looks. Looking for these things is Se, saying that its fake is Ti, linking it to wire in a glove is Ni. What caught me off guard is that they put something in the trash can that made the trash can shake like crazy. That never got processed and made me jump when I heard it. Since we were outside in line to buy tickets I just thought it was some static prop.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ne comes up with random ideas. Ti criticizes the hell out of them. When Ti can't come up with anything, you know it's a good idea.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne comes up with random ideas. Ti criticizes the hell out of them. When Ti can't come up with anything, you know it's a good idea.

With me, Ne comes up with random things. When people laugh it means its a good idea :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Se feeding into Ti is easy. I take in alot of information and it immediatley gets processed by logic. Its basically asking "does that make logical sense". It has nothing to do with feelings. I then piece together what could possibly happen given what I have seen and the logic that would cause it to make sense and rank it based on probability of it happening.

I went to a haunted house. I pointed out the guy on the trash can and started to push my niece towards it to scare her. The second I saw the guy I looked at his hands and noticed that portions were poking up like wire in gloves. It didnt logically line up with what I know about how hands in a glove looks. Looking for these things is Se, saying that its fake is Ti, linking it to wire in a glove is Ni. What caught me off guard is that they put something in the trash can that made the trash can shake like crazy. That never got processed and made me jump when I heard it. Since we were outside in line to buy tickets I just thought it was some static prop.

Hey thanks a lot, this was a really great example of what I'm looking for.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sitting in class not paying attention.

I came up with this mad plot that if you sold babies into child labor/the economy to both stimulate the economy and provide cheap labor, we can save money and effort.

But then the Fi busts in and the Ne runs for it. And that's where I come to the realization that it would be so unethical, and that if I had a baby, it would be the hardest and absolute most terrible thing I could ever imagine.

So the idea kind of falls off the cliff and into the pit of other unfinished ideas and thoughts.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Se: What a fine piece of ass...
Fi: Huh?
Se: That girl, she's so hot
Fi: That is really disrespectful she's not some object for you to drool over!
Se: *drools*
Fi: Hey!
Se: Sorry...
Fi: No you're not!
Se: Hahaha!
Fi: I bet she doesn't like being stared at.
Se: But I can't help it, she is like a work of art!
Fi: So you're just admiring her outer beauty as a reflection of her inner beauty?
Se: Uhh sure...
Fi: Hmm perhaps if you just turn your head and look out the corner of your eye it won't be so blatant.
Se: Good idea!
Ni: HAI GUYZ! I wonder what kind of underwearz she is wearing? LOLz

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Example: NiTe dealing with a theory or theoretical argument that is not agreed with.

Faced with an argument/theory, the first awareness (after understanding the argument/theory) is that it must be wrong. The second awareness is why it's wrong, where it's wrong - but this is vague, at a conceptual level. It's there, but not articulated, and it's difficult to latch onto. This flits in and out of grasp briefly, until you can capture the understanding and hold it stable.

That's Ni. Te's job is to double check Ni's work. Te articulates the concept, and the use of words to do so draws in concepts that are attached to those words, broadening the context against which Ni's produce can be checked. Te makes sure that Ni's objection A) works and B) is itself coherent. Te is also what makes it possible to express the objection to others.

Ni then has a tendency to find objections to the objection, flaws in the counterargument - even when they're the last things that you want to find. In this way, the two are able to reject a range of avenues that aren't leading anywhere useful, and to expand, modify and develop new conceptual matter.

Edited to add: This might be summarised more succinctly as follows: Ni gives you fully developed concepts of a certain idiosyncratic nature, whether you want them or not. Te is what you then do with them - build them into theories/models (with constant new input from Ni), formalise them so that you can tell people about them, act on them, etc.