• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
This is based off of Usehername's INTJ Female Role Call. I was filling out all the questions she had and I was reading other female INTJ's responces. I found it very interesting and that it seemed like most female INTJ were not girly-girls. I found I related to some of them and not to others. So, this arouse my curiousity about people and personality types. So we have so many different people here, with different personalities, backgounds and beliefs, I thought it would be interesting to see what other types would answer to some of these questions.

I hope some of you will take the time to answer these questions, I'm just curious about what everyone is like and why they think the way they do.

So please tell me:

Backgound
1. What is your personality type?
2. Are you male or female?
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
4. What cultural background are you?
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
8. What paranoias do you have?
9. What are your vices?
10. What are your fears?
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

--------
I'm just a curious person whose trying to understand, thank you all of you who is giving me this opportunity.

P.S. I'm not sure if I have this in the right section, if not, if one of the administrators don't mind moving it to wherever this belongs.... Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INFJ
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? United States What country are you born in? United States
4. What cultural background are you? WASP
5. What religion are you? Pentecostal Christian What religion is your family? Pentecostal Christian

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Homemaker What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Looking for ways to streamline mundane tasks and/or make them more palatable so I can become more effective at my job and also conserve money so that we can retire comfortably.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? I tend not to make friends with men, esp. IRLHow many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Outside of my partner and my online friends, I have two good friends. I'm friends with them because I like them, respect their value systems, and they put up with me.
8. What paranoias do you have? They vary depending on my mood and triggering events.
9. What are your vices? Laziness, the internet, loose lips, avoidance
10. What are your fears? Going nuts, bad karma, my kids growing up to hate me.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? My relationship with my dad is distant, but fairly positive (I think). I am estranged from my mother by my choice. siblings (if you had any)? My relationship with my brothers is pretty good but we do not stay in touch all that well.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I strongly prefer not to.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Nice but spacey, maybe a little stuck up and uptight. How do you think people see you now? Probably about the same, but less stuck up and uptight.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I don't know what anyone else's point in life is. That's for them to figure out. My point in life is to be there for husband, my children, my brothers and sister-in-law, my friends, and eventually my grandchildren.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This looks more interesting than finishing writing a paper!

type-estp

sex-female

country of origin-us

background-rural working class

religion (self/parents)-deist/methodist

job and preparation-law enforcement/finishing my college education

genders and friends and # of friends-most of my friends are male, though my best friend is female/ I'd have to say that I only have 2 friends that I'll really TALK to though (you know- about personal stuff and such!)

paranoias- umm...none?

vices- a bit of an addictive personality

fears- clowns and face masks

relationships with family- good

emotion in public- I loathe showing emotion in public, though I did once get drunk and cry at a wedding reception

high school and now- smart and a bit cold/I'm apparently feared! my friends like me!

point of life- see and do as much as possible

Last edited:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
1. It's a secret.
2. Male'ish
3. US
4. Jew person
5. Agnostic. The religion of Jew people.
6. Astronaut. Hmm. . . I subscribe to Astronauts Monthly magazine!?
7. I have two - one female, and one male. Distant with the male. Not so distant with the female.
8. I fear really long posts with lot's of questions.
9. Buying books!? I'm one of those bibliophile peoples.
10. People knowing more about me than I do about them.
11. I haven't talked to them in a little over two years.
12. It depends on the situation.
13. The nerdy punk rock kid who didn't talk very much. The nerdy adult that doesn't talk very much and is too old to listen to punk rock music.
14. To procreate.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Background
1. What is your personality type? If you don't know by now, you should read more.
2. Are you male or female? Somewhere in between.
3. What country do you live in now? The United States of America.
4. What cultural background are you? Nordic, Germanic, Slavic, Celtic. And I wish I had even more of that first one.
5a. What religion are you? I invent my own.
5b. What religion is your family? They were raised Roman Catholic.

Questions
6a. What career are you in or looking to be in? I've lost sight of everything right now.
6b. What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? See above.
7a. What is your friendships like with both genders? I don't really have any real friends.
7b. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? See 7a.
8. What paranoias do you have? The thing about paranoid people is that they don't think they're paranoid.
9. What are your vices? If I told you that, then you'd know how to control me.
10. What are your fears? See number 9.
11a. What is your relationship like with your parents? I'll let them live for now.
11b. What is your relationship like with your siblings (if you had any)? Neutral.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? It usually consists of four-letter words.
13a. How do you think people saw you in high school? They thought I was slightly psychotic, to be honest.
13b. How do you think people see you now? I didn't ask.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I have discovered that life is without meaning. And so I use the opportunity to take advantage of other mindless sheep.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INTP, 5w6-SX
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States, United States
4. What cultural background are you? Uh, American? My father has southern heritage, my mother's background is all in New York City.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm an atheist, and I was raised an atheist. My mother is a Jew and my father is a Protestant.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I want to become a mathematics professor. Currently I'm applying to undergrad, hoping to follow that with grad school, then professorship.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I don't relate well to many people, but most of those to whom I do are male. I don't understand women. I've been referred to as a man trapped in a woman's body.
Um, none? I don't feel that my fears are inappropriately intense regarding anything.
9. What are your vices?
Caffeine.
10. What are your fears?
Disappointment, sentimentality, ignorance.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I get along well with my father. He's an INTJ. Less well with my mother, she's an ESTJ and very neurotic. I have no siblings.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Not applicable. I don't.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I'm a senior in high school and people have told me I'm "In my own world," "Scary/Strange/Weird/Creepy/Odd," and "A genius." I cannot account for the accuracy of these statements, I am merely reporting what I have been told.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Not applicable. There is no point to life.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Backgound
Definitely ENTP for the last five years at least, though childhood and early teens were very stereotypically INTP-ish.
Um... well I'm male now, but I was born and raised as a girl, lived as one up to six years ago when I changed sex. I was never happy as a girl, as far back as my living memory goes, and I could never fit in with other girls. I always hung out with boys and found it easier to be accepted with them.
England now, born in France where I lived up to age 8 and have zipped back and forth between England and France since then, but mostly living in England.
Not sure what you mean about this... French and English I guess...? Rural childhood, urban teenage years and adulthood's been mostly spent in the suburbs of a small town. Oh, I guess it might count as cultural background that my dad was a self-sufficiency fanatic, and so we lived in derelict hovels most of my childhood, where we had to provide and do everything for ourselves, e.g. making bread from scratch (planting the grain, harvesting, milling flour, etc), thatching the roof, milking goats, slaughtering pigs and chickens etc., and it might also count that I had no access to TV or radio until I was about 9, and up to and beyond then I kind of raised myself on medieval literature that an uncle used to bring over for me (he was a professor of medieval studies).
I'm a Liberal Anglo-Catholic, but I spent years as a Muslim from my late teens until about 4 years ago, and was raised in a combination of Jehovah's Witnesses and just non-religiousness. The vast majority of my family is non-religious and many of them are very hostile towards religion, mainly because of the way my Dad so fanatically enforced JW stuff onto us all.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
I've worked as a freelance, self-employed translator since I was 16, which has been my main bread-winner, though I've gathered more languages under my belt as time's gone on and diversified into ancient ones, plus transcription of manuscripts, deciphering etc., as well as research. I've always loved my job, though what I wanted to do as a kid was to be a monk, and it's what I plan to do when my kids grow up and leave home. Towards that end I'm involved in tonnes of voluntary ministries for and in the Church of England, gaining experience and working on myself to be prepared for that time, whilst investing in my children's futures to ensure they'll be able to manage financially without me being able to bail them out as I'll have to renounce all property, though I'm not entering an enclosed community and can freely see them and have them to stay anytime.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
When I lived as a woman I was only ever bullied and teased by women, but got along well with men and most boys. As a man, I get along well with almost everyone, except very stuffy/prim women or sorta 'burly', red-neck type men. I have quite a large social circle, several different groups, some of whom overlap but a lot of them don't know each other, and many only do through me. I guess to begin with I just chat with anyone who's friendly and open, but if someone can really carry their side of a conversation and if they're adventurous and open-minded then I tend to be attracted to them (but not romantically) and so just find ways to see more of them until we become friends. As for very close friends, probably about 4 or 5 who are like family (well, not like my family, but like family should be!) to me. I find myself attracted to powerful and energetic people because most of the time I'm the one carrying everyone else along on my energy, so it's nice to actually not have to do that sometimes and to even feel like I'm the one being swept along!
Um, dunno, I don't really think I have any... I mean if I did, then I'd think they were perfectly logical, wouldn't I, and I wouldn't see them as paranoias. Though... I guess I find it impossible to trust people of my generation to actually commit truly to relationships and not leave when the fireworks die down, and I also find it impossible to trust most people with secrets, especially women (from bitter experience). I used to be very trusting but since some very nasty experiences I've learned to play my cards pretty close to my chest and keep my own counsel when it comes to secrets.
9. What are your vices?
Anger and alcohol. When very stressed, both become a severe risk and can cause implosion or explosion at undeserving targets.
10. What are your fears?
Claustrophobia, very acute. Used to be arachnaphobic but it doesn't seem to bother me any more. Abandonment - which obviously comes from having been abandoned by my mother and step-dad on my 12th birthday. I just assume that anyone will abandon me at some point, and so never even consider getting attached to them.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
Dad (ISTP) - had Asperger's, very stormy relationship. When he wasn't beating me with a large iron wrench or shoving the Bible down my throat, he sometimes said/did things that made me think he really did care. Always meant to patch things up with him as an adult, but just took too long getting over everything and never felt quite ready, then he died earlier this year.
Mother (ESFx) - just no relationship really. I never remember relating to her, or her understanding me or hugging me or ever being interested in me, or me in her. It was almost as though she didn't exist. She left Dad when I was 9 and took my 2 little sisters to live with her and her new boyfriend who became my step-dad (ISTP), leaving me in a derelict house with the maniac! Then after I came to live with them, their house got reposessed and they moved 150 miles away with my little sisters while I was at school on my 12th birthday, so I came home to an empty house and just no sign of anyone. Never had much to say to step-dad either. Walked the 17 miles to my dad's house that day I was abandoned and ended up living with him for a year alone, in absolute hell, with no communication at all from mother before she turned up suddenly one day and took me back to live with her so she could be entitled to a bigger house on the state welfare housing system. Then spent the rest of the time ignored until and after I left home.
Oldest sister (ESFP) - no relationship to speak of, except that I had little respect or liking for her.
Older brother (ENFP) - good relationship, but 6 years older than me, we didn't live together at all from when I was about 8 as he left to live with his best friend's family. But we've always had an easy relationship when we've been back in touch, and this year have become much closer following Dad's funeral etc and bonded over clearing his estate.
Younger sister (ESFJ) - closest to me in age, raised as though twins virtually, but she was very different to me. Very manipulative and spoilt, always mother's favourite. Went our separate ways when I left home, but we're mostly on speaking terms.
Youngest sister (ENFJ) - 7 years younger than me, so relationship semi-uncle-like as I also didn't live with her for that long, as I left home at 15.

Well, you asked!!

Happy emotion - fine, no problem. Very exuberant and expressive. Angry emotion - sort of fine, but restrained. Sadness/sorrow/hurt/pain - impossible, no can do.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
I was without doubt a geek and very unpopular at school, and constantly bullied. Entire days went by when I didn't even say a single word except 'here' during roll call. People used to describe me as 'clever' and 'brainy'. Much has changed! I mostly get told now that I come across as confident, chaotic (in the roleplaying sense of opposite to lawful), friendly and generous.
And finally....
Nope, can't answer that in a single paragraph... haha! Closest I can get would be... hm... to reach a level of closeness to God wherein my will merges with his, so that I spend my entire time doing only his work, to wit: show, demonstrate and be the love, joy and peace that he is, to the people I know and meet, and bring it to whatever I participate in. I said it's the point, I didn't claim that I've achieved it! :blush:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fun!

1. What is your personality type? -- INFJ
2. Are you male or female? - Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? - USA
4. What cultural background are you? - Stoic northern europeans :)
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? - I'm Agnostic; Parents are Lutheran; brother is ?

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? -- Business Systems Analyst. I'm content/happy w/ it. Once I get bored with it, I'll just have to figure out something else.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? -- I have two male friends (ENFP and INxP), but I've always had problems being friends with men; just the whole physical attraction thing, or me sensing they don't really want to be 'just' my friend. I have three female friends who I'd consider really good friends - 2 INFJ's, and 1 ENf/tJ, and one coworker who I'm becoming closer to (ISFJ). I have a high school friend and 3 college friends who I still keep in touch with, but I wouldn't say I'm close to them anymore. Sadly, only two of all of these people live in the same city as me. All the rest are in different states. I am friends with all of them because they're all rather deep/complex, have rich inner lives, are considerate of others, are independent and unique (ok, coworker excluded from independent - but I still think she's awesome), and all are open-minded and free-thinking -- they kind of move to the beat of their own drum. And, I connect well with all of them, and 'connection' is something that doesn't happen terribly often for me.
8. What paranoias do you have? Usually paranoias relate to intra- and interpersonal issues - and highly dependent on my mood
9. What are your vices? Overanalyzing things
10. What are your fears? I can't think of any right now
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Get along well with both parents, but I wouldn't say it's a close relationship. I've never been able to connect with my dad, and my mom has too much anxiety, and if I'm with her for too long, she makes ME tense. One brother - we get along just peachy!
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't really do it around strangers, but around people I know (coworkers, or friends I'm with when I'm out in public), I will show emotion. But...usually just positive emotions..I rarely show my negative ones.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? - People saw me as quiet and sweet - and the 'Friday night studier' - I was totally mortified about that, because I rarely studied, they just thought I did. I truly only had one, maybe two, friends, and wasn't part of any clique. Now? I posted a blurb in my introduction post about how my coworker thinks I appear.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Point of my life is to live it to the fullest, and experience as much as I possibly can, and grow as a person by learning about myself and being with others. I want a rich life, and I try to live so that when I'm older and look back, I won't regret TOO much. ;-) I want to seize opportunities. Life in general? Just to make the most of it, as you see fit.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP; Enneagram 5w4 sx/sp

Yes. :) (=female) See here, flip and reverse answer #2.

Pennsylvania, USA (born in same)

Caucasian; Christianized

Theist/Agnostic; family is Christian (conservative)

Career goals have always been confusing/nebulous for me, I was never quite sure what I truly wanted. Career concerns have been momentarily laid aside while I work through some life issues right now, but I plan to use my writing, communication, and creative skills more in the future. My current career is in the area of technical writing, art/documentation production, and report design/coding. I wish it was more in areas such as counseling/therapy or psychology.

I enjoy building friendships with women far more than with men. I do not identify nearly as much with men or have that much to talk about with them, and often it will become boring. (Even the relationships I do develop with them at this time seem to be more on the surface; female relationships go deeper and seem more relevant to me.) I do have 2-3 close male friendships, with men who are more androgynous in nature (they are all NP's, I realize).

I don't really know how to define a level of friendship with people (i.e., "good friends"), because I am very willing to open myself up to virtually anyone, as much as they are willing to handle; I'm not usually the one to put the brakes on first. However, I am also very sensitive to how comfortable people are and will not go further than they want; I hate to intrude or be a burden.

The people I bond with most easily share traits off this list: Thoughtful, respectful, playful, intelligent, open-minded/approachable, good listeners, honest, responsible, willing to learn, exploring, funny/witty, imaginative.

• Being looked upon negatively by others, especially when I feel I did not deserve it.
  • Disappointing people's expectations.
  • Losing my creativity or intelligence.

9. What are your vices?
  • Too passive, do not stand up for myself or know when I should even do so.
  • Have trouble making decisions and sticking with them; undisciplined.
  • Staying too detached from people when they need emotion; using intellect to protect myself.
  • Not spending enough time with people physically, just doing things with them.
  • Self-absorped.
  • Inexplicable shame about who and what I am.
  • Wordy as hell. :)

10. What are your fears?
  • Spiders
  • Being unable to take care of myself and having to depend on others, especially physically.
  • Not being quite as smart, creative, or profound as I hope that I am.
  • Failing my commitments.
  • Being utterly alone without anyone at all.
  • Never finding happiness in life or peace within myself.

• Amiable but not close. We are accessible and do not hate each other, but have little in common. My parents live 90 minutes away; my sister, 3-4 hours.
  • My mother is an ISFJ and I pulled away from her when younger because she was too dependent emotionally and I felt smothered by her. She also does not really understand me at ALL. :( And especially since I have left the church.
  • My father was an alcoholic. He is much easier to talk to in some ways -- he "gets me" more than my mother -- but there is still much distance there, and he is still sort of clueless in terms of how people work.
  • My sister is an ISFJ and five years younger, so we never spent much time together at all. We have little in common except our past. She is a very nice, giving person; but at best we will just maintain a distant but amiable relationship.

• I can laugh and express joy easily.
  • I do not cry in public.
  • I show sympathy/empathy and do not mind hugs, but overt displays of affection can sometimes very much rub me the wrong way or really embarrasses me. ("No gushie!")
  • I try hard not to get angry in public; and the times when I do, everyone knows I must be very upset. (Afterwards, I will usually feel embarrassed even if I know I was in the right.)

• Then: People thought I was talented and creative but lived in a world irrelevant to theirs. (I grew up in a very rural setting, where most people never went to college or attended community college and were not very ambitious.)
  • Now: People who get to know me realize I am smart and funny and creative and considerate/caring, but they also think I am too passive and apologetic, not engaging as much as I should, and that I "cover myself up" rather than letting myself be fully who and what I am without apology. I could promote myself more.

And finally....

The purpose of my life is to:
  • Perceive and share a bigger picture of Life and what it is and what it means
  • Voyage of discovery: Explore and synthesize every experience and situation and insight I can, so I can convey a sense of it to others in a way they understand.
  • Perceive and encourage others to become fully who and what they are, so that they feel worthwhile and unique and valuable, and blaze like stars.

All of these things are tied together -- the Truth of life and the universe, and the Truth of individual identity.

As far as the purpose of life in general? I do not know if there is a bigger picture, I just know what I am to do.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
1. What is your personality type?]INTP.
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? UK
4. What cultural background are you? :huh: I don't understand this question. Did I just not answer this above?
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Anglican. Myself agnostic.
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Househusband.
What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? By stalking feminists around town.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I don't think I would call anyone I know a good friend, as I don't let them get that close.
8. What paranoias do you have?I don't have any.
9. What are your vices? laziness
10. What are your fears? Being ordinary.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? My parents were emotional cold, but I get on with them well considering.
siblings (if you had any)?Fine
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? It depends on the situation.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school?How do you think people see you now? Strange. I actively avoided people but because of my lack of self-disclosure I became somewhat seen as mysterious and interesting.:shock:
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? It has no true purpose, one makes their own meaning.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What is your personality type?
Enneagram 1w9, INTJ or ENTJ if test results are to be believed.

Are you male or female?
Male.

What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
United States of America, born and domiciled.

What cultural background are you?
Northern Italian, Sicilian.

What religion are you? What religion is your family?
I am an American Baptist. My family is Roman Catholic.

What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Increasingly, that which involves communications; while I lack a focused resume my professional and life experiences involve several facets of design, publication editing and organization. To that end, I am currently seeking work.

What are your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
Rarely have I, personally, found friendships with girls that were not undergirded or subsumed by romantic implications. I have about a dozen good friends; they are good-hearted and trustworthy.

What paranoias do you have?
I am not paranoid.

What are your vices?
Miami.

What are your fears?
Appearing incompetent, depending on those who are incapable.

What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
Parents, excellent. Sister, estranged.

How are you with expressing emotion in public?
I laugh heartily and will become animated in a lively or heated discussion. But in certain adversative or adjuticative situations, I will not show emotion. My role at funerals is to be the one in control.

How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
Then, a curious visionary. Now, a disciplined, if colorful, jack-of-all trades.

What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
Quoting "Ulysses" again: to strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
Quoting "Ulysses" again: to strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield.
:worthy: Awesome quote. Utterly awesome.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Backgound
ISTJ
Female
USA for both.
I'm a mix of Italian, German, Syrian, and Irish...basically, your typical caucasian amerian.
Christian (for both). Although I was raised in a Christian home I didn't actually come to my own personal decision until I was 17 yrs. old.

Questions
Well, the plan for now is to teach English as a Second Language, although it's likely that over the course of my life I will have changed jobs many times. I really don't see myself settling into one career for my whole life. Currently, I'm in grad school getting my education degree, and I already have a degree in Spanish. I really just want to travel. I'd love to teach during the school year in the U.S. and then just disappear to work with some sort of volunteer program during the summers in South America.
This is the first time in my life that I have ever had more girl friends than guy friends. I get along well with either, but males are typically easier to deal with and more fun to talk to. My best friend (female) is also an ISTJ, and we're so similar it's almost scary at times. All my female friends are very low-maintenence and really down-to-earth types of girls. I probably have 5 people that I would trust with my life. I'm extremely picky with who I allow to get close to me, and those 5 people have met some crazy-high criteria. Amazingly, each of them are all different types. Each one of them has something different to offer, and have certain awesome qualities that I admire in them. I learn a lot from my friends.
Hmm I'm not really paranoid about anything, but there are times I wish I could open up more to people and just tell them how I feel. I do posess feelings, rather deep ones, it's just that it's hard to get those feeling out sometimes.
9. What are your vices?
Keylime pie...
10. What are your fears?
Eh, everything works itself out in time. When it boils down to it, fear and worrying are a waste of time.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents?
I have a good relationship with my dad, although as I grow older we seem to butt heads every once in awhile (since being in grad school I have become more liberal in my beliefs, and he's pretty conservative...wanna see us fight? Bring up the topic of illegal immigration.) But eh, he's very intelligent and a good mental sparring partner, and I have more respect for him than probably anyone else in the world. My mom on the other hand, we are like oil and water. I don't know her type, but we literally have nothing in common. We're polite enough on the surface.
I'm pretty stoic at all times.
I played sports, was quiet, friendly, and reasonably smart. I just floated by and was pretty neutral toward everyone except my 2 good friends. Nowdays, people probably see me as about the same, perhaps wittier (sp?)and I have been working on being more outgoing, and it's becoming easier with age.
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?To live a life that is pleasing to God. To use my God-given gifts and talents to benefit others in some way. To be an encouragement and to lead others by example. To enjoy and not squander the life I have been given. To make people laugh and to be a good friend. To honor the committments I have made. Ideally, to carpe diem todos los dias!

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INTJ
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? U.S.A. for both (Texas, specifically)
4. What cultural background are you? Ancestraly - Irish & Scottish
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Baptist, nothing really

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Probably going to enlist. I work out religiously. After that I will find some way to get rich.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have very few close female friends. I probably have 3-5 best friends. They count as friends in my book because of loyalty, shared interests (of a lesser importance), the ability to talk freely and not be judged too harshly, and feeling comfortable around them.

8. What paranoias do you have? I am afraid of heights. I'm afraid that I will think too much about my goals and never actually pursue or reach them.

9. What are your vices? Caffeine, gambling occasionally (although I don't consider it a bad thing...I mostly win), drinking occasionally

10. What are your fears? Err...I just combined this with paranoias

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I have a good relationship with my parents but they are overprotective which does not sit will with an INTJ.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? To give you an example...I imitated a sad face with some of my best friends recently. Note: These are people I have known for years. They laughed for multiple minutes and one said, "Oh my god! A human emotion from Metamorphosis!" That should give you some idea...

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? My saving grace was that I was best friends with people in elementary school that ended up being in all of the social circles in high school. I was fairly ordinary but mostly was around the goth kids (didn't dress like them, normally, though). Now, I am sure that I am seen in a significantly better light.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? My life is mainly about helping myself and those important to me to achieve mutual success and the ultimate preservation of our individual freedom. Beyond that, I want to be more than a man. I want to be a force of nature.

Last edited:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Background

INFJ, 4w5.

United States on both accounts.

Caucasian.

I'm leaning towards Paganism/Agnosticism. My family is Christian in the sense that they celebrate Christmas and other holidays, and pray when they're worried, but they rarely read the bible, and don't attend a church.

Questions

I'm considering clerical work and/or psychology. I'm attending a community college.

I have three good female friends I speak to at least once a month. One reminds me of myself, and doesn't have a lot of friends. One is stubborn and insists on being my friend, and the last one is kind of strange, but very accepting and intelligent. Additionally, I have eight female and five male friends who I hear from about once every three or so months.

I'm worried that I will die somehow, that I'll be put in a situation I don't know how to cope with, or that something/someone important to me will be lost.

9. What are your vices?

Computers, diet cola, video games, and television.

10. What are your fears?

Insects, dirt, knives, snakes, reptiles, people dressed in rags/thugish clothing.

Semi-close to my mother, distant from my father and my half-brothers, but on reasonably good terms with all of them.

I don't, usually. I try to look very formal and focused on whatever I'm supposed to be doing in public. I'm polite, courteous, and even generous if anyone asks me for help, but I'm not at all effusive. I'm sentimental in my underlying motivations and this is more obvious one-on-one, however.

Most of them didn't notice me. The few that did called me "The Machine," because I worked on my schoolwork the moment I got to class, didn't tarry in the halls or talk to anyone between classes, and was always asking for permission/instructions from the teacher.

People probably see me mostly the same way now in terms of my work ethic, except I say hello to more people, and manage to seem friendlier, mostly because the teachers are more obviously laid back in college, and there's less noise and chaos, so I'm more comfortable. I know I tend to be friendly enough when relaxed, and behave more coldly/mechanically when stressed.

And finally....

I don't believe it has an inherent meaning. On one hand, I think your life is whatever you choose to make of it, whatever meaning you find in it. On the other, the point of life seems to be to observe/learn as much as possible, simply out of curiosity. It's more the first one, but partly the latter.

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

You're welcome, Nonpareil.

Last edited:

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Backgound
INFJ

Female

USA & USA

Italian

I consider myself Agnostic. My family is traditional Roman Catholic, but I was raised by an Agnostic mother.

Questions
I'm a former Physics major, but I'm in the process of going back to school for either teaching or nursing. Currently, I work in management and I absolutely hate it. I was pigeonholed into the field after being promoted to a management position right after college.

I used to get along with guys better than girls, but in college I developed a couple close female friendships. I can count on one hand the amount of people I consider good friends, but I do have a good amount of casual friendships - mainly due to the extraversion of my good friends. I am friends with my closest friends because we have developed some sort of connection and they've made it past a lot of the walls I've put up around myself.

I'm a bit superstitious. I blame the Italian upbringing.

9. What are your vices?
I drink entirely too much coffee.

10. What are your fears?
Failure's the big one. Losing control comes in a close second, followed by abandonment.

Mom's an ESTP & we have more of a "sister" relationship than a mother daughter one. We either get along famously or absolutely hate one another. However, regardless of our personality differences, I have a great deal of respect for her because she raised two kids on her own and gave us a good life.
Dad's an ISTJ & we are estranged.
Brother's an INFP & we are very close. We also are one another's support system.

I don't do it unless something very major happens and I cannot control the emotion. That happens very rarely, though. I'm actually extremely secretive about my emotions.

I was actually fairly popular in high school, mainly because my boyfriend going into high school was part of the "popular crowd". I also tend to hang out with extraverted people & just let them carry me socially. I was viewed as the "quiet girl" of the, as much as I hate to admit it, popular group & I had a serious boyfriend so I never really got involved in high school politics. Now I know I am still viewed as quiet by those who don't know me and those who really don't know me seem to think I'm somewhat of a snob. I've also been told that I am overly opinionated, stubborn, demanding, goal-oriented, cold, compassionate (contridiction, I know), intelligent, and that I overextend myself.

And finally....
Well, I'm still trying to figure that out. I think I am here to help others, so I am trying to figure out how to incorporate my science/math skills and interests to better serve humanity. I also think the point to my life is to figure it out & understand who I am and how to understand those closest to me.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Backgound
1. ENFP
2. female
3. I live...where you live. *insane smile*
4. half Canadian (caucasian/Euro/whatever), half Chinese (HK Cantonese)

5. I was baptised in both a Protestant Christian (my father's relgion) church and a Buddhist temple (my mother's). I used to go to church when I was very small, but after my grandpa on my father's side died, we didn't go to church anymore. My mom takes me to the temple once in a blue moon. As for what I actually believe, I'm not so sure. I don't find thinking about it very important, either. I'm willing to believe in Jehovah and Buddha and all those other Chinese gods, I suppose, because I figure gods are godly and would get along, and wouldn't mind sharing the room in heaven, or whatever. Also, I believe in heaven, but not hell...because I figure I might as well, since we can never know for sure unless we're dead. Perhaps we just rot in the ground after we die though. I don't know. I don't really care. I guess I'm not exactly an atheist. But I believe in myself, and I believe in other people, and I figure even if the only god is the god of rationality, then in that case it would certainly be enough for me.

Questions
6. I'm a student right now (high school). I haven't decided for sure yet, but I've strongly considered becoming a natural research biologist, or an industrial designer/entrepreneur of some sort. In the end I'm hoping to get a job in which I'm doing something beneficial for the environment and/or society (preferably the global community), one that I know that I'm making an impact, and also one that I can do both independant work and team projects so that I'll feel neither too stifled nor too lonely. If those goals can't be reached though, anything fun works. Maybe I'll get into the entertainment industry or something if things don't work out. I'm planning to take a bunch of different courses throughout my high school career, so that I can keep my options open (also just out of interest). My current electives are drafting, drama, and French. In the future I'm planning to take biology, entrepreneurism, industrial design, and IB theatre art Higher Level (which is like super advanced drama which gives you a bajillion credits after grad, lolz!!)

7. Good, lots, and because I have no reason not to be. My closest circle of friends is made up of those of us that have stuck together for over a decade, or those that have been able to connect with us and integrate themselves into the group somehow more than others, and very quickly.

8. People touching my neck. Loss of skills.
9. laziness, over-impulsive action
10. deteriorating physically
11. No siblings. My parents are okay. They're very different from each other, to say the least. They connect with me in different ways, but I am equally close to both of them. They are also minimally normal, as parents. My mother causes a lot of anxiety for me, with her high expectations and erratic temper. My father and I believe that she has some sort of disorder, but haven't gotten around to doing anything about it. It's a somewhat dysfunctinal family, but it's a loving one.

12. Terrible. I can be very social, but it's hard for me to express what I am truly feeling. Perhaps because it's mostly contentment anyways...or that I'm usually content when I get to socialize in the first place.

13. Well, I'm in high school *now*. Not so sure. I talk to everyone, so I am well known. I am partially white, so I am different. I'm more assertive; more quirky than the average person...I wouldn't say more aggressive but perhaps more energetic. I get good grades, and I'm in a mostly nerd-filled school. I can often do stupid/amusing in group situations, in front of everyone but it's laughed off. They often say I'm the weirdest person they've ever met, but they always mean it in a nice way. Everyone says I'm funny; teachers say I should seriously consider getting into stand-up comedy.

And finally....
14. Er. Well the world is pretty interesting. Might as well stay in it, try to enjoy yourself.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
5w4. INTP.

Male.

The country where you were born in.. and the country where you return to (after the Sindab travels) is not the same country.

German-Alpine, Dutch-German, Viking, Baltic-Finnish.

Pagan.

Meta-morphosis.

I have seven female friends and one male friend.
I do not know about the why of things.

I have every paranoia.
I have every vice.
Apart for hunting of course. I could not shoot animals.
I should love to have the janitor wasted though.

We all depend on those who are incapable.
The price for democracy.

I do not remember that I have expressed emotion in public. It may have happened, though.
My hypnotist does not tell me what he knows. If you want to make a living you cannot afford to be an idiot.

I was the second most popular person in high school. My brother was the most popular.

I did not have a problem in the family. They were all NTs.
Apart from my brother who is an ISTP.

He loves art and classical music. Gadgets and chess.
We INTPs can never beat the ISTPs in chess and in gadgets.

The point in life is to take care of the young.

Last edited:

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Background
INTJ

Female

Canada / Canada

Canadian :) (Russian / French / English)

Agnostic raised Protestant by non church goers.

Questions

Bahahaha. I'm in a career I fell into because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, too many choices. I graduated from university too young (18) with too many credits in too many different fields - couldn't narrow it down enough. I should have continued in the sciences and become a doctor.

I tend to get along better with males, most females are too girly for me. I have three good friends. They're intelligent, also introverts and they understand me.

None.

9. What are your vices?
I can become easily obsessive about things.

10. What are your fears?
That I will die alone. That I'm going to fall to pieces when my parents die.

Parents: Awesome. Amazing. They're cool people. They're people I choose to hang out with.
Sibling: We are night and day. If it weren't for the months between holidays we wouldn't have anything to say to each other; that much time must pass for events to accumulate so that she has anything to say of interest. There is a slew of topics that are off limits - a disagreement in her world is a 'fight', it's very frustrating.

Depends on the emotion. I have little problem with anger or frustration in public.

In high school: The New Kid. The Smart Kid. The Kid to Cheat Off Of.
Now: Unapproachable. Standoffish. Hard to get to know. Intelligent. The Problem Solver. The person you seek out if you have a niggling health problem you can't figure out. She of the Diet Advice. Sarcastic. Mean. Cold.

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Sometimes I think I've got it unraveled and then it's gone again. In the mean time? To make a difference.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
1. INTJ
2. Male
3. I live and was born in Norway.
4. Norwegian, upper middle class.
5. I am atheist and so is my family, except my INFJ mother, who is more of an agnostic.
6. I am 19. I just tried studying energy and environment, but I quit. Next year I was thinking about trying psychology, and maybe give becoming a psychologist a shot. Anyhow, I am not very motivated and don’t care too much, I am really in a dark spot at the moment.
7. I have several good friends, but since I am not in school, I don’t have much contact with my friends IRL. IRL I mostly have guy friends, but I am getting more female friends. Online I mostly talk to females, and have quite many friends, partly because I run a Norwegian Star Wars forum. My two best friends are female online friends. Overall I have perhaps 5-10 good friends.
8. Not that many, really, but I guess I can be pretty paranoid about how much people care about me and the impressions I make. I guess I tend to assume people don’t really care and that they dislike me.
9. My inability to interact with the real world and carelessness.
10. It’s so many, but I guess they could be summed up pretty well by avoidant personality disorder.
11. My relationship with my parents is growing kind of faint, but I am still living home, and they annoy the hell out of me. I have a little brother. When we were smaller, he used to annoy me a lot as well, but now I think he is pretty okay, and we talk some about soccer and music, but we are not very close.
12. I am not very big on it, especially around people I don’t know. I might loosen up some among friends, but I have never been open about the things that deeply bother me.
13. A lot of people hated me in high school. I guess that has to do with how I am supercilious towards those I consider intellectually inferior to myself. I did however have a group of friends that liked me quite well. I was seen as kind of a school nerd, but less so at the end, since I started to care less about school. I was known as sarcastic and probably insensitive.
14. I am a passive nihilist, so I think there is no meaning, and I am unable to create one on my own, to become an active nihilist.