• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

LowEnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Backgound
1. INTP
2. M
3. England and England (not Britain)
4. White
5. Agnostic I guess. No religion in my family

Questions
6. I'm studying Music Culture and Record Production. This was initially to find a career path in the music industry, but has instead put me off the idea. I'm more accustomed to the creative side of music, not the business side. So now, I'm not quite sure. Anything music orientated or creative would be good.
7. I get along with most people very easily. I know a lot of people, but only a few I would consider actual friends. I think people nowadays class each other as friends too easily without putting much thought into what it actually means. I take note of who know the difference between 'good friend' and 'good company'.
8. No paranoias worth mentioning
9. Vices? Smoking bud.
10. I'm have an inexplicable yet not irrational fear of aggressive dogs. Oh, and a fear of the inexorable impending failure.
11. My dad is spot on, if a little hard to live with. Older brother is a real diamond.
12. I don't express much emotion wherever I am.
13. In school I had no enemies. Maybe some people thought I was a bit odd, but no less amicable because of it.
14. The point of my life is music. It comes naturally to me. I've spent long enough as a musician now to appreciate the nature of this sonic phenomena. I could ramble on for a good few years about this, so I've kept it painfully brief.

And there you have it.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? Unknown at present.
2. Are you male or female? Male.
3. What country do you live in now/ were born in? United States.
4. What cultural background are you? Italian, English and Danish.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Too numerous to list.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? IT Executive, System Architect, etc. My goal is to hold some type of high-level corporate position. To that end I am currently pursuing a M.S. in Information Systems and have a good job with a good employer.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? My friendships are quite good with both genders. I have 10 very close friends and there are three reason why they are close friends: they are all self-reliant, are not overly sensitive and are very trustworthy.

8. What paranoias do you have? None except the occasional feeling that I have missed some important detail.

9. What are your vices? None.

10. What are your fears? See paranoias.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Excellent. Compromise is a wonderful tool.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Although I have no problem expressing emotion generally I am not very effusive.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Fun loving SOB. Now I am probably seen as a good natured yet very motivated person. Let's just say subtlety is not one of my strengths.

And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To earn enough money to give my family a good life, retire early and use the excess to improve the world.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Fun loving SOB. Now I am probably seen as a good natured yet very motivated person. Let's just say subtlety is not one of my strengths.

If you were a woman, I would date you. :yes:

Vivid

MBTI Type
ISTJ
1. What is your personality type? INTJ
2. Are you male or female? Female

3. What country do you live in now? United States
What country are you born in? United States

4. What cultural background are you? Let's just call it 'poverty'.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm not religious and never lived with people who, are up until the past year. Some of my relatives are Christians.

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? I'm not sure what my goal is. I like science, math, and psychology.
What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm in school and learning.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? Gender doesn't mater to me, though I tend to make more female friends.[/b]
How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I would want friends who I can work with. I'd want them to share my interests and ways of doing things.

8. What paranoias do you have? Being manipulated or abandoned.

9. What are your vices? I can be extremely rigid, self-centered, impatient, absent-minded, lazy, and uncaring. I'm immature and not as smart as pretend to be.

10. What are your fears? Touching dead bugs, being followed by dead people, seeing 'glitches' in RL or other paranormal oddities.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My parents ( ESTJ and ISTJ ) complain that I don''t appreciate them. Aside from me taking advantage of them and us having poor communication/nothing in common, it's a good relationship. I have no siblings.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I usually don't need to, but if I'm feeling emotional, I don't care if I'm in public.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Insane, out of control, angry, but with a good moral conscience.
How do you think people see you now? Quiet, absent-minded, and independent.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? My goal in life is to repay all of the people I've taken advantage of, and then enjoy my life. There is no real 'point' and there doesn't have to be. According to some textbooks, the point of living is to reproduce.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
So please tell me:

1. What is your personality type? INTP
2. Are you male or female? female
3. What country do you live in now? USA
What country are you born in? USA
4. What cultural background are you? Irish/AmInd. (Sauk/Fox)
5. What religion are you? Spiritual only.
What religion is your family? Methodist/Catholic

6. What career are you in or looking to be in?
Artist as in canvas.
What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Achieved.... trying to hang in there with dwindling eyesight.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders?

Most women I've met don't very readily accept me. I am gun shy with them as a result. Conversationally, I get on better with men.

How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

I've had a few that have passed on. It is late in life to expend the energy of replacing them... eventhough I do get quite lonely sometimes. Ooops (edit) the one's I got on with were thinkers and no subject was off limits. They were also very "live and let live."

8. What paranoias do you have?

People! Is there anything more dangerous?

9. What are your vices?

Smoking and procrastinating.

10. What are your fears?

People! Is there anything more dangerous?

11. What is your relationship like with your parents?

They're long gone but when here, I didn't have much to do with them... left home at 15.

siblings (if you had any)?
One sister.. have nothing to do with her. Last time I talked to her was 9/11 to see if she was okay.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?

Not! Do do it sometimes online.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?

A "shy" person wearing a "scarlet letter" to identify me as my Mother's child. The one the clique picked on.

How do you think people see you now?

Reserved, well dressed, strange, suspect and, probably, too intelligent for them to comfortably associate with.

And finally....

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?

Wow! Why don't you ask something a little tougher?:) Oh, well, I've been raising kids since I was 9 beginning with my sister and ending with my husband's grandkids. I'm not sure I see that as the point though.. just the task.
I think life is nothing more than an instructional series of choices. Like I said, I'm spiritual. I suppose I could have refused to raise all those kids :doh: but it was a have-to choice and I'm not really sure, yet, what that says.

I do find myself trying to harmonize often. Giving a different or opposite perspective that I think might accomplish that. That theme is also expressed in my artwork. That's the one thing that's pretty consistent so that's probably a big part of it.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
1. What is your personality type?
ENTP

2. Are you male or female?

Yes. =p

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?

USA, born and raised.

4. What cultural background are you?

Typical white, middle class family.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?

I'm philosophically agnostic, but practically an atheist. Mom's side is Catholic, Dad's is Jewish; but my immediate family is extremely secular and as far as I can tell my parents are both (basically) agnostic too.

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?

Oh jeez, I don't know. The list currently includes:

Mathematician, physicist, writer, internationally-wandering backpacker, comic, researcher, teacher, doctor, humanitarian, entrepreneur, photographer, musician, inventor, activist.

I'm currently a 3rd year mathematics and physics major involved in way too many activities. I'm trying to decide between graduate school in mathematics, medicine, or Peace Corps after I graduate.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

Lots of friends, not so many close friends. I tend to get bored with people before I can know them deeply. Male/female ratio is about even in my pool of friends.

None.

9. What are your vices?

Procrastination, inability to do anything that doesn't personally interest/inspire me.

10. What are your fears?

That I'll end up in a cube farm, stuck doing the same thing for 40+ years. Not having opportunities to pursue my own interests, projects, traveling, etc. Being expected to be involved in anything remotely political.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?

Mom: ISFP
Dad: INTP
No siblings.

My parents are great. My dad and I get along very well and usually have a good deal to talk about, although I often find his daily life mind-numbingly boring (he's a semi-retired engineer who does consulting work).

My mom is an unending source of entertaining banter since we are, in many ways, very different and yet very similar. She's in alternative medicine, which is the object of much of my ire since I'm more scientific like my father (although I just joke with her, of course). Very chill, hippie lady.

Okay. Not great. Just okay.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?

I was the weird-but-entertaining misanthropic kid that everyone knew and liked but fit in nowhere. I skipped a lot of school to do my own things.

Now I think people see me in pretty much the same way.

To create, explore, and inspire. To love and be loved. To seek out the deepest mysteries of the universe. To meaningfully engage with the world at large and share experience and ideas. To lead a life of constant challenge and learning.

Last edited:

Kaleidoscope

MBTI Type
INFP
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INFP
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US - US
4. What cultural background are you? Irish
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Unitarian Universalist - Catholic

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?

I'm currently studying human resources management. I'd love to work in the HR department of a non-profit organization, but I'll probably end up at a hospital or school system.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

Friendships in general are kind of awkward for me. I have two or three really good friends and a lot of "acquaintances." Gender does not really play a huge role. I am friends with these people because they are all people I can trust to the highest extent and I can easily talk to them about anything without feeling weird.

Being controlled or manipulated.

9. What are your vices?

Reading, drawing, photography, gaming, outdoorsy stuff.

10. What are your fears?

I'm highly claustrophobic (though elevators don't bother me at all). I also fear that I will end up with a career I hate and I worry about what happens after you die.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?

Pretty good. Friction here and there, but nothing huge.

I try to avoid it, but I can't always do so.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?

High school - quiet, annoying, and weird. College - quiet, compassionate, and weird.

And finally....

I am an INFP. I think that's a sufficient answer.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Background
1. What is your personality type? INFJ.
2. Are you male or female? Male.
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States for both.
4. What cultural background are you? Caucasian.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I come from a Catholic family and I am a practicing Catholic.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? In general I am a Psychology major at a Catholic University. Currently I have my mind set on going into research (possibly social/personality) and then researching and teaching at a University. Right now I am just taking classes and working my way up to graduation, and then to grad school.
I have a tendency to only hang out with girls. I rarely have the same interests as guys, which stereotypically consists of sports, cars, and women. I have one very close best friend and and I would say a small group of other close friends that are also friends with each other. I am friends with these people because we function as a type of family, keeping in touch with each other and enjoying each others similarities as well as our differences.
8. What paranoias do you have? I am paranoid over whether I am truly a good and accomplished person or not, and I always have this paranoid feeling that people are talking about me when I hear or see them whispering.
9. What are your vices? I have low self-esteem and I am "in love with love".
10. What are your fears? I have a fear of dying before I get to complete any of my goals. I set high standards for myself that take a lot of work and time to accomplish (like my future career) and I am afraid that I'll die in a car wreck or something before I even get to reach them. I am also afraid of dying before I get to experience what this committed relationship thing is all about!
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My mom is my #1 friend and always will be. I get along really well with her and I enjoy spending time with her. I have a satisfactory relationship with my father, but because I really didn't have any interest in doing things he would have preferred me to do as a child (mostly sports) he never spent much time with me. I do love both my parents though. I have 3 brothers, 2 older and one younger. I get along pretty well with my oldest brother and not-so-well with my second oldest and youngest brothers. The latter two are pretty irresponsible and rarely think before they act, so I have little tolerance for them.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I feel comfortable expressing positive emotions in public, but if I am sad or angry I don't like to discuss it in front of other. I wouldn't want to kill their mood. I also don't like to do any kind of PDA in public.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I started out in High School as very quiet and awkward at best. I was pretty much the kind of person people would pick on my Freshmen year, but being involved in theater started bringing me out of my shell. By sophomore year I had found my niche and increasingly became more comfortable with myself. Now I am almost like a different person, and my hypothesis is that I was finally able to develop my Fe, which I was afraid to do in High School because I didn't want to be ridiculed for it.
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I think this point in my life marks my college career and me undergoing a massive amount of self-discovery. I see more clearly now where I stand as a person and I have a very clear idea on what I expect out of myself. If I had to describe myself in terms of story structure, I would definitely be in the "rising action" part of my life. It feels like things are starting to get stirred up while others are falling into place. I would say this is probably the happiest time of my life thus far.

S

sammy

Backgound

something NJ, that much I'm sure of by now. I've thought of myself as an INFJ, INTJ, ISFJ and ENTP at some point in my life though.
Female
US, I was born here.
Pakistani, Irani
Muslim, they're Muslim too. But hey, don't think I'm into that blind-faith crap. I've been through some stages over the years where I'll question everything and make sure I know exactly why I follow what I do.

Questions

I'm planning on law school within the next few years. I want to take some time off in between finishing my undergrad and starting law school though. I'm trying to find an internship at the moment to further that goal.

I am capable of befriending people of either gender easily. Guy friendships often have the potential to become unbalanced... My friendships with most girls last a very long time usually because I spend so much time cultivating those friendships to make sure there is a sense of loyalty and openness amongst us --otherwise, they remain acquaintances or friends-out-of-necessity. I could write a whole thread on this pattern, so I'll save my thoughts for elsewhere :) I have too many friends, honestly, it gets kinda annoying at times, but I really appreciate the variety and quantity (and quality!) of all of them to varying degrees.

Not sure.

9. What are your vices?
A lot in the past. Not so much now.

10. What are your fears?
Eh.

No siblings, unfortunately. Hence why I want a large family of my own once I am married. My parents and I get along for the most part. My Mom can be a little too controlling for my liking sometimes, but my Dad and I are cool with one another and leave each other alone when we wish.

I've cried, been exuberant, never yelled, and hugged in public. I keep the emotions in check in private as well, unless in extraordinary circumstances.

I was viewed as the wallflower in high school. I kept to myself and spent a lot of time reading, going online, doing artistic things and played lacrosse for a while too (but even there, I was not really social). I'm viewed very differently now. It's a practical 180 degree flip. People have a difficult time believing I ever was that anti-social. I'm comfortable with being in the middle about this now... I'm viewed as very social, but capable of doing things on my own and not minding the solitude.

I think the point to my life is to figure out how to balance everything and remain true to myself and my religious faith at the same time. I would like to hope that I will contribute to the world in some huge fashion, but honestly, at this point in my life, I would really like to just contribute a great deal to whatever future family I have and maintain very healthy, open and happy relationships with friends, family and a significant other.

Last edited:

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I guess I was supposed to do this before...

Backgound
2. Are you male or female? The latter.
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, USA
4. What cultural background are you? WASP
5. What religion are you? Christian-ish What religion is your family? Evangelical Christian

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Very good question! I'm pursuing a BA in International Studies right now, without a clear idea of a career. Maybe library science?
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I tend to connect more with guys, but I have some girl friends with whom I have deep friendships. I'm either friends with them because we connect well (even if we rarely see each other) or because we get along well enough to chill.
8. What paranoias do you have? upward traveling escalators, commitments
9. What are your vices? forums and other forms of internet time-wasters
10. What are your fears? Disappointing my parents or other people who've invested in me.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I don't see them very often, but my mom's family is a blast. My dad's family is kind of lame.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I see little reason to
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Eccentric yet often boring. How do you think people see you now? probably the same
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I want to either improve something in the world or leave no trace at all. I haven't decided yet.

Eye-In-TiPi

MBTI Type
INTP
Backgound
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA for both
I grew up in a small town in Arkansas. Would Southern WASP be considered a cultural background? I never really fit into the local culture anyway, so cultural background might be mostly irrelevant. I've always been a loner, but I do celebrate Christian holidays, so maybe I'm culturally Christian.

I believe in God, but I don't really have a church that I go to on any kind of regular basis. I made up a religion and called it Aatheism, which is just my way of saying 'non-denominational God believing something,' or something. There's nothing to it except for answering 'yes' when asked 'do you believe in God?'

Questions
I work in industrial electronics. This involves troubleshooting, repair, and design of industrial automation systems. I like it sometimes, but it's kinda dangerous and I have to go to some nasty places now and then.

I'm an introvert, so I have a small group of friends. I probably get along with both genders equally well. I have only a couple of good, close friends who I've known for quite a while. I'm friends with them for a number of reasons that I'm still figuring out.

hidden agendas

9. What are your vices?
drink too much coffee, spend too much time on internet forums not working

10. What are your fears?
heights, the number 13, the people behind the wheels of the other cars-they're crazy!

parents, (well parent, my mom died in 1991) good. i get along great with my dad

that would be illogical

as the nerd I truly am- both then and now
And finally....

There's a point to all this? Just to be happy and follow the golden rule, I guess.

B

ByMySword

I never even saw this until now so here it goes:

Backgound
personality type-INFJ

male or female-Male

country-U.S. for both

background-English and Welsh for the most part, also have Mexican, French, German, and Cherokee

religion-Christian for me. Texas Baptist for my parents.

Questions
career- Majoring in History to become a college-level professor

friendships- I'm friends with whoever will be friends with me. My main friends are Hexis, Metamorphosis, ArbiterDewey, and Distant_Echo. We are known collectively as the Brotherhood. We all have similar interests, mentalities, and life-goals

paranoias- people behind me

vices- All of them except lying

fears- burning alive, losing my friends, sharks, and nothing
relationship with parents and siblings- I have a great relationship with my parents and a rocky one with my sister

expressing emotion in public- I express it too much

people saw you in high school and see you now- I was nominated as most talented in High School......now.......I'm seen as talented AND crazy. Maybe talented at being crazy.

What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
My life is dedicated to me, my friends and my family. I think I was put on this Earth for a purpose and I think that I have the friends that I have for a purpose. Our interests and strengths both can amount to great things in particular situations. I won't go into detail on what we think those are, but I can promise you this: We will overcome any obstacle and I believe one day....we'll make history.

Bovinity

MBTI Type
INFP
Backgound

INFP apparently.

Male

USA to both.

A big mish mash, because I live in Hawaii. I'm half White/Japanese.

Agnostic, so is my family but I think my Mom is Protestant.

Questions

Vague dreams of being a writer or musician but I'm doing nothing to make that a reality. I'd like to do something that is "helping people", or at least enriches lives.

I don't have any friends. Back when I did, they were mostly male. I was friends with them because of similar activities and interests (played sports together, liked girls and sports). I kind've fit in better with girls though I think, probably because I was very close to my Mom growing up. My only sibling is my sister too so it was mostly girls in the house with Dad at work.

Too many to name. I develop new ones every day, it's great.

9. What are your vices?

Self pity/loathing. Sloth. Internet and gaming addiction.

10. What are your fears?

Same answer as the paranoias.

Good. They love me despite my uselessness and I love them.

I don't do it, I'm a stoic like my father. In private I'm very emotional though but being loud and obvious about it is distasteful to me.

Shy and quiet. "Nice" (I think this is a euphemism for inoffensive, but boring and undateable. Of course nice is a desired quality, but it can't be the defining one I don't think). Smart (people would say so, but I think I've proved them wrong by now).

I think people see me now as sullen, creepy, disgusting, stupid, perhaps sociopathic and bitter.

And finally....

I want to say something funny. My life is absurd. So is life in general. I don't see a point, only beauty and ugliness, is that a point?

Dizzy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Backgound
ISTJ
Male
The Netherlands (2x)
Atheist

Questions
I am studying business administration, and finish in 6 months, thinking about consultancy.
I have got like 4 or 5 good friends and several others that I like to hang out with.

None yet
9. What are your vices?
Dominating in a small group, pushing through my solutions.
10. What are your fears?
Loss of dear friends, failure at work / school.
OK
Not
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Either fun or a bulley
And finally....
Things I do now are to support me in the future. The road I have chosen is sometimes lonely, but it hopefully will lead me to success. I want a life in balance, with time for private life, sports and work. Though I know becoming a workaholic is a pitfall...

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

Lone Angel

MBTI Type
INFP
Took long enough

Background

INFP 4 w/5 wing Sexual

I think my picture can answer that.

USA- South Carolina to both

African American w/ weak Indian blood

Agnostic. Mostly Unreligious except Grandma who is African Methodist and tries to make the rest of us one too.

Questions

An artist or video game designer wherever those skills can be put to good work. Nothing, though plan to get GED and go to art college.

Most of my friendships have been with dudes though right now I'm disconnected from them cause either they've moved or headed on to college. Still cool with them and they know we still have each others backs. With females not so much cause everytime I do either they fall for me or I get a crush on them. Actually most of my interactions with females come because they're attracted to me (One of the downsides of being so good-looking;) ). Otherwise I'm cool with everyone.

I'd say 1 maybe 2 cause of how I recognize friendship and mostly it's that connection and that we can have fun together.

None. I don't do paranoid.

9. What are your vices?

Laziness, apathy, procastatination, and taking things for granted. Oh, yeah and probably overly self-cocky.;)

10. What are your fears?

None now. The last one I remember is ghosts when I was 12.

It's cool though I shake me head at some of the stuff they do. My Father well that one is like the Artic probably never gonna thaw. My mother who has to be an SP offends most of my ideals about what a mother is supposed to be. But otherwise I'm cool with both of them.

As for siblings I've never really had a connection with either one of them if it's not fighting though we know we're family so we get along.

I'm to cool for that:cool:, but I guess I'm just really collected internally though so I can control them but you can usually tell how I feel by the look on my face if I'm not utterly bored.

They saw me as a cool laid-back dude that did'nt mess with anyone but had a definite style and flair about him. That was late high school to now. Before that it was the quiet kid who liked to draw though I've never heard nerd (guess it just didn't stick to me).

And finally....

As something to leave your mark on you know either go out in a bang or create something that everyone across the world will enjoy. I don't feel like doing the boring wife and kids office thing cause they're something more important than that.

My point in life is to achieve my dreams. That's it.:cool:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ISTP with strong Ne
2. Are you male or female? Male
3a. What country do you live in now? USA (North Carolina)
3b. What country are you born in? USA (Michigan)
4. What cultural background are you? White Southern US with many Northern influences
5a. What religion are you? Nondenominational Theist
5b. What religion is your family? Mostly Protestant - Methodist

Questions
6a. What career are you in or looking to be in? Scientist
6b. What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? In Grad School for my PhD in chemistry
7a. What is your friendships like with both genders? Usually revolves around an activity or topic, not much cross-over between activities. I just moved to a new city about half a year ago, and I've been trying to build some new friendships. I tend to take these things rather slowly.
7b. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Two or three. If I consider you my good friend, I like a lot about you and find you interesting. It also helps a lot if you live close enough that I can see you reasonably often.
8. What paranoias do you have? Invasion of privacy is a big one.
9. What are your vices? Procrastination, being ugly or mean.
10. What are your fears? Rejection, Failure
11a. What is your relationship like with your parents? Pretty good. I want them to visit more often.
11b. siblings (if you had any)? Pretty good. I wish I could see her more often.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Huh? You mean like crying at a movie?
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? About the same now as then. I was/am a loner with odd interests.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I would like to make some sort of difference in the world, but mostly I just follow my interests. There is no point to life in general.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ESFJ
2. Are you male or female? male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA
4. What cultural background are you? Middle-class, black-sheep white
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Raised Catholic, nonreligious now.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I want to develop and produce motion pictures. I have had two internships in Hollywood already.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have more male friends than female (drinking buddies, film and music friends, etc.). I have about 7-8 very good friends, and two are female. We have similar interests and world views, and they are ultra-supportive (as am I).
8. What paranoias do you have? I am afraid of being alone.
9. What are your vices? Alcohol, drugs (formerly), intimacy.
10. What are your fears? Scorpions, drowning, being alone.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Good with my parents, civil with my younger sister (not much in common other than family)
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Fairly comfortable, don't like major arguments in social situations.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? As an arrogant, possibly homosexual fop. Now, as an arrogant, overtly heterosexual fop.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I am here to make my mark in business, to enjoy food and the arts and travel, and to raise family. To leave the world better than I found it.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Backgound
INFP
Female
I live in New Zealand, was born in the USA
Not sure what you mean... my family would probably be considered lower middle class, grew up in a small town, ancestry is very mixed, mostly french/german
Christian for me and Christian for my family

Questions
Web development at the moment. It's a pretty good job, but not what I ultimately want to be doing, which is writing. What am I doing to achieve that? Um... writing.
I'm married, and I consider my husband (INTP) my best friend. Don't really have any good friends apart from him; only acquaintances. Why am I friends with him? How could I not? He's a great person. I don't want to gush on here, so I will leave it with: I still love him passionately, even after 10 years of marriage :wubbie:
By paranoias do you mean irrational fears? If so, very small spaces where it's hard to move my arms, outer space, very deep water (ocean). These evoke a panicky feeling even when they are only imagined.
9. What are your vices?
Heh. Way too many to list. Lazy, procrastination, undisciplined, too suspicious, too trusting, prone to depression, drink way too much diet soda, internet, analyzing other people to death... I could go on and on
10. What are your fears?
Big, big fear of rejection. (please please don't tell me you hate me after reading this post :alttongue:)
Good with both parents (although with my mom, this is because of a lot of effort on my part). Siblings, good relationships with all, except one of my sisters with which it is more ambiguous
Depends who I'm around. Mostly I don't. There are a few people I will express some of my positive emotions around (mainly my family). My husband sees more than anyone else (positive and negative), but even he isn't privy to everything.
Highschool? I was told by friends that I came across as a bit stuck up, people thought that I thought I was better than them (this shocked me), also seen as the smart one, book worm, never serious, too serious. Now? I've been told: smart, elegant, perfectionist, full of imagination, compassionate, thoughtful, deep, enthusiastic. (I'm sure people also think lots of negative things, but they're too nice to say them to my face)
And finally....
Oh no, you had to ask a question like this. How can I answer that? Everyday it is my struggle. Meaning is what I live for, but how can there be meaning without a purpose?

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.
You're welcome, but you really should say thank you to whatever for bribing all the newcomers into answering this.

luridlemur

Backgound
2. Are you male or female? M
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States for both.
4. What cultural background are you? Western European in general.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Raised Catholic. Non-believer.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Something in the art field, not sure what yet. Just applied to a new college, where I'm aiming for a BFA.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Hmm. I tend to get along better with females, but I focus more on individuals than gender.
8. What paranoias do you have? Being attacked from behind + edges of field of vision. That something will slice/smash/hook or otherwise maim my eyes. Being spread too thin.
9. What are your vices? Computer use, sleep-deprivation, and reclusion.
10. What are your fears? They exist, but they aren't coming to mind.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Pretty decent.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Not so hot.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Earlier - antisocial loner. Now - serious and smart. But these are both from people who don't know me well.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To learn, have fun and do what makes me happy.