• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

Eicr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Backgound
1. What is your personality type?
INTJ

2. Are you male or female?
M

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
Canada/Canada

4. What cultural background are you?
German ethnicity, but being rased here, its pretty much North American culture.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
Mennonite (of the fairly liberal variety, homosexuality is ok by family members who've expressed an opinion, and as far as I can tell none of my family are creationists, by family I mean extended family)

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Math Professor (or if that doesnt work out, ill fall back on my back-up plan, internation Guitar god). As for helping me achieve my actual choice, next sept, Im starting my MSc program which will lead to my PhD program.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
My friendships are pretty normal, more male friends than female, but thats also normal. All my friends are good friends, I tend not to be friends with people who would be described as "bad friends." plus, I dont like quantifying levels of friendship. Im friends with my friends because I enjoy spending time with them, why else?

8. What paranoias do you have?
Paranoia's arent rational.

9. What are your vices?
Procrasitination, poor work ethic (but ive been working on improving the former, havent gotten around to working on the latter yet)

10. What are your fears?
Nothing really long term. Often I'll have the "Im afraid of flunking this test" and other such trivialities. I trust myself enough that if something truely bad happened, I'd be able to cope and get through it.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
Pretty good, the occasional disagreement, but we're pretty friendly and good natured to each other. I havent physically fought with my brother since he got bigger than me. See, that was planning on my part!

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
Frustration and the occasional excitement is usually the only one that makes it out into the public. Im pretty reserved. I used to have temper problems though.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?

Quiet, smart, good guitar player, good drawer. people would say "Eric, hes pretty quiet, really good at guitar though." That was my niche back then. These days, Im a bit more outgoing, I tell more jokes now. Still play guitar, Im still pretty introverted though.

And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
The point of my life is the same point of everyones life, give glory to God...and rock the fuck out!

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
Backgound
INTJ.
Man.
3.1 What country do you live in now?
Sweden, Skåne.
3.2 What country are you born in?
Sweden, Västa Götaland.
Socialdemocratic/Centrist Middleclass. According to research done in the churchbooks on both sides of the family I am Swedish all the way back to around 1660 when half my forefathers was conquered from Denmark. On the other half there are only swedes to as long as the records are kept, that is from about 1550-1650, only exception being a German soldier coming over after the 30 years war.
5.1 What religion are you?
Atheist, but I don't try to push it on others.
5.2 What religion is your family?
Atheist, although I believe my great grandparents might have had some religious beliefs. Religious practices were still common in the family when my parents grew up, but when me and my siblings grew up that was mostly removed. Only universalised traditions like Easter, St. Martin's day and Christmas are still celebrated. Curses and other words of originally religious use, like OMFG!!111!oneone or Satan, have been son ingrained into common language that they are not seen as signifying any belief at all. For some reason I completely stopped using the word God in my curses and power words in my teens.

Questions
6.1 What career are you in or looking to be in?
Going for NanoScience/Bioelectronics.
6.2 What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
I'm at my fourth year of a masters in Nanoscience.
7.1 What is your friendships like with both genders?
About 10:1 male-female ratio. There are several clusters, roughly divided into Early Childhood, Renaissance Childhood, Student and Gay. The two in the middle contain women, most of these are INTX or XSXP. Most males are XNTX or ENFX, no matter which cluster. I value my female friends, but mostly female culture and personality and I do not mix well.
7.2 How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
Depending on which group and the nature of that cluster, 5-10. I believe all of them are NT. Only one woman, INTJ, Student friend and failed romantic project. The men are mostly from Early Childhood and we have connected ever since we first discovered "Drakar och Demoner" - a swedishmade RPG similar to Runequest, the other men are nerds and RPG:ers from later eras. RPG is very important for my connection with others. Silly me.
None to my knowledge.
9. What are your vices?
Not doing any real effort until it is too late. Smartass. Dislike for lectures and other crude information transfers, like speech or chatting.
10. What are your fears?
I have medium phobias of crowded places and spiderlike creatures, especially craneflies.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
Connect well to brother and mother, less so to father and sister. But on the whole it's good. I almost never call them, because that's how I am.
I'd rather not do anything that will reveal unwillingy my intentions or feeling to others, maybe that IS a paranoia, but I think it's just that satan's integrity playing with me. People sometimes complain that I never smile, and then they are confused when I tell them "What? But I am smiling right now!".
13.1 How do you think people saw you in high school?
Wierd gay intelligent smartass loner, for people I didn't really know. For friends, about the same but smoother and warmer, and more philosophical.
14.2 How do you think people see you now?
Wierd intelligent humble loner. I tend to be more isolated from people I don't consider my friends now so they (my friends) are the only ones getting at least a bareable amount of the big picture.
And finally....
None. Have fun, follow our moods and instincts. Make babies, make love, make war, make shoes, make RPGs, make whatever gives meaning to YOUR life. Just don't make me do anything. Except if it benefits the whole to a great degree, like taxpayed public schools and healthcare and that sort of shit.

Eternue-MDL

1. What is your personality type? INxJ leaning more to F.
2. Are you male or female? Male
3a. What country do you live in now? The United States of America.
3b. What country are you born in? The United States of America.
4. What cultural background are you? Irish-German-Belgian-Slav.
5a. What religion are you? Christian. Non-denominational.
5b. What religion is your family? Christian. Non-denominational.

Questions
6a. What career are you in or looking to be in? Substitute teacher, pre-K to 12. Aspire to be a chemist or biochemist.
6b. What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Go back to college next fall, hopefully, maybe. Finances are an issue.
7a. What is your friendships like with both genders? More so with females.
7b. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Very few, longstanding friendships because I like it that way (they take too much energy to maintain otherwise). However, I value many friends and though we have not talked in years, if they found me and said they needed me...I would be there for them as best as possible.
8. What paranoias do you have? Wouldn't this be a fear?
9. What are your vices? Addiction-prone genetically, undisciplined.
10. What are your fears? Loaded question. To keep it simple: heights, tornadic weather, and deep water (particularly oceans).
11a. What is your relationship like with your parents? Cordial. They've been very kind to me. Dad is an ESFJ and Mom is an ISFJ. My dad and I had a very strained relationship while I was growing up but has gotten better since 18 when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. My mom and I have our moments where she acts irrationally, and it bothers me immensely. I try to remain attentive to any motherly manipulations so as to not be the dreaded 'mama's boy'.
11b. Siblings (if you had any)? xFSJ. I couldn't have chosen a better sister or family for that matter.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I suppose I come off as stoic though when I am in a foul mood, it thickens the air.
13a. How do you think people saw you in high school? I thought I was a nerd, but I've heard reports that people actually quite liked me...
13b. How do you think people see you now? Wasted potential. INxJ paralysis.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To serve the Lord Jesus and do His Will which includes helping fellow humans and being attentive to care-taking of the world around us as a gardener takes care of a garden.

That was fun. Thank you, nonpareil.

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
Backgound
INTP
Female.
US.
Predominantely slavic, with a healthy dose of Scottish/Irish/Viking halfbreeds thrown into the mix.
Non-religious mystical nihilist. Roman Catholic.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Artist. I do art stuff. :rolleyes:
7. What are your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
My friendships are fine with both genders, although I tend to have an easier time being "one of the boys." I have a handful of close friends [5 or so], and I am friends with them because I enjoy their company and they have no wish to change me in any way.
Spectacle.
9. What are your vices?
Distance.
10. What are your fears?
Failure.
Mostly estranged on all counts.
I'm usually quite adept at wisecracking, or trading pointed barbs. I'd die before I wept in public, however.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
Then: classic underachiever, rebellious, aloof. Now: weirdly successful, brooding, and again, aloof.
And finally....
There isn't one.

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.
My pleasure.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Backgound

ENFP
Female
Australia. I've lived here all of my life save one year abroad on exchange.
My parents are american, but heading back even further, Irish/Scottish on one side, and French/German on the other.
I'm not religious. Mother was raised Catholic, but doesn't go to church anymore.

Questions

I'm currently studying Architecture, so I guess I hope to end up doing that. It's good, I enjoy it, but I don't know if I have the motivation to actually finish the damn degree... :/ (Although considering the amount of effort put in so far... I am too lazy to have that count for nothing! Haha.) My current plan is to study a semester overseas next year, then from there travel for six months and work for another six, before resuming my degree. We'll see.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
I have very few close male friends (partly due to attending an all-girls high school, and partly because I'm paranoid. Call it what you will.). As far as females, I have two very close friends from high school, and another two or three I've gotten to know pretty well since then in college. Beyond that I have plenty of acquaintances, and I get along on a superficial level with pretty much anyone I come across. Um, why? The close friends from high school are close largely because I've known them the longest and circumstances mean we see each other fairly often (we all work under the same people), despite the fact we go to school in different places. I would like to think that at least one of them I would have kept in contact with regardless. We suit each other very well. (I suppose I am guilty of the drifting in and out thing, too. I still consider friends from high school 'friends', even though I haven't seen or spoke to them in years.)

Uh. I don't know. On one hand, I don't feel like a very paranoid person, yet on the other hand, I am an ENFP. :doh: And, I used paranoid in the above paragraph, so there you are.

9. What are your vices?
I'm lazy. I have no dedication and little motivation. I am a terrible procrastinator. I also spend way too much time in my room on the computer.

10. What are your fears?
Dying. Seriously, it still scares the sh*t out of me. Otherwise, maybe exotic food? Haha! (Although I am actually semi-serious. I have picky tastebuds.)

Very good. Although I exasperate my parents (ESTJ and ISFP) by constantly failing to do the chores I'm given and remember what they tell me, we get along rather well. :) My younger sister (ESFP) is the only one I know who can absolutely infuriate me (and I her), and she brings out my stubborn streak - there was a time when she's vowed to kill me just because I wouldn't move from the end of the bed where she wanted to lay down and read. But for the most part, she and I get along really well. I get to be the airheaded girly girl around her, which is always fun to do from time to time. My younger brother (INFP) is annoying (and really overly huggy for a 14-year-old male), but he's extraordinarily forgiving, and whenever I give in and don't mind him participating in something I'm doing, he's always right there and as supportive and helpful as anything.

Uh, I do it a lot, but it's largely involuntary. I don't like crying in public, but it doesn't take much to set me off. I am a little uncomfortable with PDA, though.

I was a pretty shy, dreamy kid in high school. I didn't pay much attention to people outside of my friends group, which was about 10 or so of us who didn't really fit into the typical 'cliques'. It still baffles me when my friends talk about kids in school they couldn't stand, though. I barely remember them! I do remember one time a teacher made us write down nice things about everyone in the class, then she put together a sheet for everyone with everyone else's comments on it. Mine featured 32 variations of either 'you're really smart' or 'you're really nice'. And that was it. So, yeah. ^^

I've opened up considerably since then, and so I also get called 'random' and 'wierd' sometimes, but always in a good way. :)

And finally....

The point? I dunno. I have no overall goal or objective. The point of my life is to live life! Have fun! Following my obsession of the week! I don't have any desire to have a long career in one field. In an ideal world, I'll marry someone gorgeous and rich, so I don't have to work and can pursue my myriad interests at will! I do want kids one day, though. :)

Life in general? Er. I have been around my INTP friend too long to try and answer that one. How do you define 'life'? Or 'point'? What is 'reality', anyway? *facedesk*

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? eNFJ
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? USA, North Carolina
What country are you born in? same
4. What cultural background are you? Scottish, English, Cherokee Indian (typical of this part of NC, where my family has been for 350 years)
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian, both Protestant and Catholic

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I was a mechanic, but now I'm an artist and a writer. I have a gallery online, but I'm not big potatoes or anything. I sell commissions, design tattoos, and have a business plan written up ready to go for my art studio.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? Very open.
How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I tend to collect broken people as I was raised on the bad side of the tracks and grew up in a violent neighborhood without much money. My close friends are the kind that would take a bullet for me, and I'm the kind that would never let them.
8. What paranoias do you have? Lupus has removed all paranoias into the realm of reality.
9. What are your vices? Struggling to control my temper. Otherwise, I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, etc. Again, with lupus, you don't have any wiggle room to be fooling around.
10. What are your fears? I'm keeping those to myself. :(
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Good. I can be very open with my mother.
siblings (if you had any)? My twin sister is a permanent fixture in my life. My older sister, Scout, is transient, though I love her.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Depends. I can be fine with it, and other times, I can have a near-breakdown from nerves.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? This is a funny question because my twin and I were always in the punks/freaks/headbangers group on the fringe, and we never messed with anybody, but some years later, some creep upperclassman who was part of the Popularity Contest Herd spied a friend of mine and said "Hey! I know you!" and she said "I was friends with the Twins". When he raised an eyebrow she took offense, said what gives, and he said, 'Well. You know. They had a tough reputation." My friend fell down on the ground laughing. "My Twins?! Are we talking about the same people?!" That was a bad school though. The popular kids ran things. I'm glad I didn't know I had a reputation because it worked to my advantage. lol
How do you think people see you now? Nice, I hope? :) haha!
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I can't answer this. I generally feel as if I have no point, so I'd wind up saying something that sounded too maudlin and ridiculous.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
All about Sandy...

Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INFP
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States (born in Okinawa)
4. What cultural background are you? Mom: Okinawan - Dad: German/Dutch
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Primitive Baptist (I grew up in the Church of Christ)

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm a Management Assistant in a electric/gas utility. Since I have done the corporate thing for 19-years, and I have pretty much worked since I was 13-years old, I now want to be a housewife to a good systems engineer/pastor and grandmother to many -- so I am dating a great INTP (who is a good systems engineer/pastor!)
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I'm close with both genders, however I have to be careful with the men; since I work closely with many, they tend to get too close, and I don't want that, because most of them are married. I have at least 3 very good female friends, and I am very, very close to my one sister. One friend is a friend from high school, one is a retired colleague, and the last friend is the mother of my children's best friend.
8. What paranoias do you have? I don't know if I have any. I'll have to think about that one.
9. What are your vices? Wasting an inordinate time on this computer! I'm also a procrastinator and a clutter magnet. Why? Because I am a thrift-shop enthusiast.
10. What are your fears? I don't like to speak in front of a group... mainly standing up and being the focus.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I'm close with both of my parents, and I do like to spend time with them when I can. I am close with all of my siblings, but I am especially close with one of them. We have been best friends since we were babies!
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I try very hard not to.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I know people thought I was the quiet, nerdy, girl who they felt sorry for, because she had a screwed up family life. It is important for me to show people that I did well, so I am hoping that people think that I am this confident woman who raised a couple of great young men! ('tis true!)
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? When I was raising the boys, I knew GOD put me on this Earth to raise them right and strong. Now, I know that I am called to be a godly wife to a good man and be there for him, to serve my Lord Jesus, to serve both of our families, and our church family.

Last edited:

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer this survey! :wubbie:

I was suggested by someone to bump this thread again for those of you who haven't gotten a chance to read or post on the survey here.

It's a great place to learn about the fellow members here and a great way for us to learn a bit about you.

Thank again everyone! :wubbie:

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ENTP
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, Korea
4. What cultural background are you? Gypsy
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Agnostic, mixed

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Entrepreneur, getting up in the morning and getting my ass to work on time.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I get along well with both genders re: friendships. I have a sizable group of friends. I usually collect 1 or 2 new ones every year and typically don't have falling outs with previous ones - so it adds up over time.
8. What paranoias do you have? None really, I'm the least paranoid person I know.
9. What are your vices? Most of the big ones involving hedonism.
10. What are your fears? Living an uninspired life.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? A sister. We all get along, though we don't have a lot in common.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Depends on which emotions, I crack a lot of jokes but don't really show real emotion. The only ones I show in public is probably anger (and that rarely happens). Oh and Joy, when I'm drunk.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Pretty much the same. I haven't really changed.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I don't see a point, other than amusing myself. Though, they say that will change when I have kids.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
1. Backgound
INFP

Femme

USA to both.

White, non-Hispanic, of German, Irish and Italian blood. Is that what you mean?

I’m not religious, but I was raised on strict and avid Catholicism. Eight-year Catholic grade school, church Fridays and Sundays, etc. My whole extended family is Christian, even if they’re not avidly religious (my dad and step-mom, for example, aren't avid but probably consider themselves Christian).

I’m really not sure on what I want to major in yet. I’m a freshman exploring my options and trying to find the most fun major. Things I’ve considered a career in: psychology, communications, public relations, philosophy. I know that 70% of grads don’t end up in the field they expected, so I’m going to just try to find a major I really enjoy and take that, and hopefully my college degree will be dynamic enough to get me a job in a lot of different fields, even ones I might not have seen myself in.

I’m a bit more awkward around males than females, in general. I have three or four close friends: the two closest are female, and the two second-closest are male (three out of four are INTJ). See this thread.

I have a lot of anxiety regarding my self-confidence and my social skills sometimes. It is paranoia, and it’s definitely life-altering. What’s happened is, I’ve lost all my self-confidence and self-love once, and subsequently couldn’t function in my life and relationships, and I’m scared – terrified – of that happening again. You could call it performance anxiety. Sometimes I recall how horribly I failed at life before, and clam up thinking it might happen again. *sadface*

9. What are your vices?
Pride! AGGRESSION, anger, spite. Er, in terms of habits? Biting my nails! Yup.

10. What are your fears?
See number 8.

Pretty decent relationships with parents. We have our misunderstandings and disagreements, but overall when I’m confident our communication (with both parents and siblings) is great and there are few to no problems whatsoever. I’m just scared of falling back into lack of confidence, which tends to ruin most aspects of my life, especially relationships. My two older brothers are my only siblings and growing up we ranged from forced tolerance of one another to detestation. Hehe. :yes: One I think is an ESTP, the other an E(N/S)TJ.

Great. I’m open, laughing, and affectionate. I don’t know if I could allow myself to cry in public unless I was in a particularly self-accepting mood, or with my closest friends who would allow and encourage me to let it out, sympathetically.

Er, I think people saw me as nothing in high school. I was so shy and lacking in self-esteem for three years that I didn’t make any healthy friendships, and I was very sensitive to criticism. I was scared of social criticism all the time. When I started to be a friend to myself and like myself, things did a 360-degree turn in my senior, final year. I made several good, happy friendships and interacted happily in social situations. *thumbs up, wink*

And finally....
Ahh, I’m here to be happy. I don’t see much other point. I’m here to love others and be happy.

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

You’re welcome. :yes:

redacted

Backgound
INFJ with strong Ti. enneagram 2w3 sx/sp

male

USA, USA

uh...white?

no religion for me. my mom is a reform jew and my dad is a conservative jew.

Questions
i'm probably going to be a therapist (psy. d maybe?). i'm currently at UCB studying cognitive science.

i only have 1 male friend who i'm comfortable opening up with. i generally feel much more comfortable with females.

true, deep friendship for me is defined by a specific connection-feeling. i'd say i only have about 5 friends that fit that definition, 4 of which are females. i have many many other people i'd call my close friends, and i have fun with them, but i wouldn't go to them with my problems.

i'm not a paranoid person really.

9. What are your vices?
drugs. i'm on a sober streak right now, but i've wasted a lot of time on drugs. i've never done anything physically dangerous (i'm defining that myself lol) to myself or others, though.

10. What are your fears?
hmmmm...i guess i have 2 main fears at this point in my life. the first one is that i won't be able to find another girlfriend as good as my last one. the second one is that someone i love will die (this has already happened to me twice, so it's semi-warranted even if it's irrational -- it's not like one person dying makes anyone else more likely to die, but i can't help being scared about it)

i have a younger brother (INFP). we've always been really good friends. i wasn't the type of older brother that beats his younger brother up :)

my mom is, and always has been kinda crazy, and our personalities don't really mesh at all, even though we have 3 letters in common (she's ISFJ). my childhood consisted of her screaming at me everyday for stupid nonsense; and i lived my life until i was about 17 avoiding her as much as i could -- as long as she wasn't yelling at my younger brother. when she targeted him, i would step in and take the brunt if i could :-/

my dad's insanely smart and analytical, but he was completely withdrawn in my childhood (he's INTP). i took on his strategy of dealing with my mom most of the time -- that is, be quiet and analyze. (this is why i used to test as INTP). he's a good guy, but he really needs to work on his assertiveness.

i'm fine talking about emotion. i am not fine SHOWING emotion. not many people have seen me let down my guard. (i don't hide my feelings, though. i talk about them all the time. its just that it's always from an intellectual perspective)

they saw me as someone who could help them with math/computer science/physics. they also saw me as a good musician (i got voted best musician in my yearbook lol). i was pretty reserved, though...not many people got to know the real me.

now, i'm seen much more as an advice-giver/pillar of support. i'm also known as someone who loves debate/philosophy.

And finally....
life has no objective point. life has no objective meaning. so i might as will do whatever makes me happy, right? luckily, it makes me happy to help others :)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
So please tell me:

Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INxP - I waver back and forth, but am never really able to decide if INTP or INFP is correct. Both, probably.
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA for both
4. What cultural background are you? Euro-Mutt.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm pretty much an atheist, but not a particularly militant one. My family is all Christian (various denominations)

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm currently a web application programmer / project leader. Not sure it's what I want to do forever, but it's better than lab research, my last job. I'd *like* to be a writer (yeah, I know, fat chance) - I'm seriously considering taking some creative writing classes next semester to give myself a kick in the pants to get going on it.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Hmm. Almost all of my friendships as an adult have been of the the "one among a group of friends" variety, and I'm usually not very outspoken and wind up on the fringe of the group. It's been years since I really had a friend I did one-on-one stuff with (aside from some online games, but even that was years ago now). I do pretty well as friends with both men and women.
8. What paranoias do you have? Not sure I have anything I'd qualify as a paranoia - occasionally I get the "everybody's watching me" thing when I'm in a social situation with a group of strangers, but that's about it.
9. What are your vices? No real traditional vices - my problem tends to be more along the lines that I find it very, very easy to say no to anything, and wind up doing nothing at all. As such my failures tend to be more along the lines of missing out on the good things, rather than falling prey to the bad ones.
10. What are your fears? Failure to live up to my own unrealistic expectations, dying alone (bad cliche, I know, but basically true)
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Not bad, but not close. I don't have much in common with them, I think, and I live on the other side of the country (they all live in the same town). I've had some bad times with my Mom in the past, but we get along fine now (although I'm still wary around her). My Dad's kind of got his own thing going on these days, and my sister and I get along fine, but neither of us really makes an effort to stay in touch much. Just very different people.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't, for the most part. Although I rarely am "in public" in a situation where the possibility could arise. When I was much younger (10-ish?), I tended to lose it occasionally and cry in public, but after getting the "boys don't cry" speech I learned to stop that. If I were to lose control and get emotional in public now, I'd likely be very embarrassed about it.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? In high school, I was voted "most intellectual" - which basically meant that I was the the least unpopular nerdy guy. Socially, I was a nonentity in high school, but I got along with most everyone. I'm not as certain how people see me now. Guessing, I'd say that I'm considered as smart, occasionally funny, nice, but very, very reserved and a little "out of it".
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I think that there really isn't a point, except for what we choose to make of it at any given time. Most often I'd consider it to explore and expand horizons, to see and learn new things.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP, possibly 4w5

Male

USA / Canada

Welsh, Scottish, English, Ukraine

Agnostic atheist / Anglican Christian.

Hopefully, something involving writing / Currently going to University

Leans towards males rather than females / I have less than ten good friends because we share a similar passion (computer gaming) and from there, we all have our little idiosyncrasies.

Over-analyzing myself.

9. What are your vices?
Wine, Spirits, Beer, Cigars, Marijuana, Sex, Love, DnD, Porn, The Internet

10. What are your fears?
Fear of betraying or letting down my friends, whom I hold in high regard.
Fear of drastic changes, though I often idealize of them.

Dad, Stepmom & Younger Brother: Great. Mom & older brother: Not so great.

Not so good. I'm more expressive if I'm with my girlfriend, but I don't like to flaunt myself. I like my "neutral face."

The quiet kid that always looked depressed. Just I wanted more sleep. See "Neutral Face" above.

And finally....
Ideally, become more self-sufficient, happy with who I am and life and continue to seek knowledge. In other words, I vision myself as a happy and active nihilist.

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
Backgound

INfP/INXP

Male

3a. What country do you live in now?
USA

3b. What country were you born in?
Mexico

Hispanic

5a. What religion are you?
Spiritual/agnostic

5b. What religion is your family?
Catholic

Questions

6. What career are you in or looking to be in?
What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Psychology, probably research psychology. I'm taking sociology and AP psychology as electives in school.

7a. What is your friendships like with both genders?
I identify with women a lot more. There are exceptions. Although, a lot of those exceptions are gay.

7b. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
Three. They're amazing, we relate to one other, are open with each other to the max, and love each other's company.

None

9. What are your vices?
Horniness, compulsive lying, frightening lack of sensitivity, laziness, shyness

10. What are your fears?
"Failing" at life, not being able to support or care for my family, if I have one, leeching off other people/society to get by, having a loved one, or myself, die while we're not at peace with each other, hurting the people I love

Great with my mom and my brother. So-so with my dad. I don't live with him, and our relationship SHOULD be better, but I'm an ass. x-x

Terrible.

Socially awkward and retarded.

To help society in whichever way possible.

red13

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. What is your personality type? INTJ
3. What country do you live in now? England What country are you born in? England
4. What cultural background are you? White, English(1 grandparent Irish)
5. What religion are you? Atheist What religion is your family? Mother Roman Catholic, Father Agnostic, Brother Born Again Happy Clappy

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Software Development What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I’ve achieved it, but I’m currently building another business using my systems expertise.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? Prefer intelligent female company.

How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? None really, but lots of acquaintances.
8. What paranoias do you have? None that I know of (hated having curly hair as a child)
9. What are your vices? Drinking, driving too fast, working too hard, not caring about relationships

10. What are your fears? None
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? OK, closer to my mother(INFJ), my Dad(INTJ) seems closer my elder (ISFP? Not tested) brother.

siblings (if you had any)? As a teenager was very c lose to my brother (5 years older), but over the years we have drifted apart, no problems but little contact.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don’t although internally I’m extremely emotional
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Clever, Independent, Rebellious

How do you think people see you now? Boring
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? There is none

Forfe

I'm gonna go ahead and qualify this post the same way I did my introductory post - only this time I can safely say it's NOT worth reading. I was bored and thought I would type this out, but it turned out to be a rant of epic proportions and sizeable tangents.

Backgound

ENTP

Male

Norway

...Norwegian

Atheism throughout my family, 'cept for some grandparents.

Questions

Medicine. Finishing pre-med (not exactly, diff. system here but I'll call it that for convenience) classes this year, starting med school next fall.

I have friends of both gender, but I'm generally closer to all my female friends. I think it's easier and less hassle to have a close friendship with a girl than a guy, although I can't really say why. I have lots of not-so-close friends, and maybe 2-3 very close ones (2 girls, 1 guy). I say 2-3 because I think I just lost my best girl friend over the past two weeks. She suddenly started either ignoring me or replying in a short and evasive manner everytime I've tried talking to her. It's the classic defense mechanism when you're in love with someone who you've realized don't feel the same way - you get hurt and angry because of it and tend to focus it on the obvious choice - the other person in question. I do hope it passes though, I enjoyed our close friendship very much.

I move around a LOT. Since junior high I've been to 4 schools, 3 unis, living in 5 cities in 2 countries. Thus I'm fairly used to losing all my friends and getting new ones basically at least once a year.

I have one single remaining friend from my childhood but we live in different cities so I very rarely see him anymore, except for when I'm visiting my family. Of all my current friends, I only expect to be in touch with one of them a year from now, when I'll most likely be at a new uni once once again for med school.

I don't really mind though, I make new friends easily at each new place I go. I always seem to get 2-3 close friends (in the sense that I will open up somewhat to them, for some reason a dispropportionate amount of people will gladly open up to me though) and a bunch of people that I hang out with from time to time. I have quite a few online friends but most of them are former rl friends that are now just geographically "out of reach".

None, really.

9. What are your vices?
Lack of dedication over time to what I do, I get bored very easily.

10. What are your fears?
Having to rely on parents for financial security during 6 years of med school.
Oh and appearing emotionally vulnerable.

Parents - good, younger sister - great now that we no longer live under the same roof, younger step brother - good, don't talk to him much though.

I express joy and positive emotions easily. I can express anger and disappointment in a fairly controlled, targetted manner, where I might somewhat harshly explain what I feel about something without actually expressing the emotion so much. Thus people tell me I "never get angry", although I can be assertive at times. I can and do express "anger" in the form of "this and that pisses me off" but that's not really anger, it's just a strong opinion about something. I absolutely never express any form of grief or sorrow in public.

I appear emotionally very stable, caring towards others but without much trouble myself - which is definitely what I'm aiming for as well. Truthfully though my head can be a total mess at times, but my way of clearing things out isn't by talking it out, it's just being with other people, just socially doing whatever or going out drinking.

Talking about other people's emotions and problems is easy though. I tend to offer very rational advice on things, which in itself could be seen as irrational because when emotions have the upper hand even a devoted rational (i.e me) realizes that what most people need is just someone to listen, not someone to "explain it away". Ironically that seems to be part of the reason why it works so well in the end anyway, by not reinforcing the emotions but just offering an outside view. I'm not sure about this though, I often wonder why needy people choose me to lean on. I'm not at all bothered by it though, I know how to establish my own limits.

...I realize I kinda went off on a tangent in this paragraph, so:

Probably the most defining paragraph in my case... I think I am an extravert by forced change. Moving around a lot, changing schools etc I used to kind of settle with myself, and I really did prefer my own company for a long time (up until mid high school I'd guess). I was the textbook definition of an introvert, being with people was tiresome and I needed to be alone both to get re-energized and to sort things out in my head.

I'm not sure exactly where that changed, or how/why, but I think at some point I got really sick of living like I did, and in the past ~3-4 years I've definitely been the polar opposite of what I used to be. I used to be shy in new social situations, now I thrive on it. Now I go absolutely crazy if I have to sit at home a quiet afternoon/evening with nothing to do. I also make friends without consciously trying to, I think the only thing I'm lacking to call myself a full-blown extravert is the never-ending explosive energy I see some people have, that just drags everyone else with them wherever they go. I'm not that person.

To specifically answer the question in light of this, at least up until mid HS people viewed me as a kind shy, geeky introvert who had lots of quirky knowledge about various topics and did very well at school.

Nowadays I think people view me very differently. I am many things, really: I'm the smartass that spews snappy remarks and sarcastic comments at everything and everyone, but who for some reason gets away with it instead of being the eccentric loner. I'm the sociable person that talks to everyone, everywhere. I'm also the honest optimist that tells people more or less light-heartedly to fuck off when they complain about how they're gonna fail this and that exam when everyone knows they'll do great. Oh and my friends tell me they won't bother arguing with me because I seem to enjoy it too much :doh:

In addition, I'm still very much a geek. I know too much random trivia and my grades are too good not to be seen as one, but I wouldn't have it any other way :D

And finally....

Life's absurd, it holds no meaning or objective value, which leaves me free to do exactly what I want with it. Thus my upper, foremost goal in life is to maximize my own enjoyment of it while it lasts. I fully believe we are all 100% egoistical. Helping those around me and making a lasting impression on the world is something I strive to do, but I freely acknowledge that it is for completely selfish reasons, basically culminating in my enjoyment of being appreciated.

sleepy

Backgound
INXP, probably F(mbti tests)[
Androgynous
Both Norway
Scandinavian
I have made my own religion, it's based on nature. Christianity

Questions
Educated as engineer, also as instruktor in aviation. Now i'm looking into psychologi and photoography. I dont do much, a little buisness,buy/sell to pay the bills, and as learning other people, I like that.
Its good, females are much harder to get trough to. 6-7friends, i am friends with them because they like me. They must be open minded(literally-not put them self in small boxes)
People in general
9. What are your vices?
Don't care enough. Thinking of people as the dumbest beings currently habiting this planet-myself included.
10. What are your fears?
That I will go insane, and loose my hold on reality.
Its ok, my mother is to judgmental. She has managed to loose me I think, with her control tendencies. 3 brothers, ok, we are quite close, very close to the other one in the middle that is one year older then me.
More then enough.
Weird and disconnected.
And finally....
My life is like the tree in the woods, or a bird riding the winds. It just is. I might as well have been a bacteria. The point is to live it, until it is finished. Whatever I do is irrelevant

jvine217

MBTI Type
INFJ
Backgound

INFJ
Male
USA/USA
Mixed Scottish, British, and Indian (I think)
Raised Christian - First in the Babtist church and then later, after my father gave up on the church, in the Episcopal Church. Right now, a respectful non-believer

Questions

Had a long, accidental career as a Systems Programmer on IBM mainframes. My goal right now is to become a writer, but I tend to think about it a lot more than actually work towards it.
As a kid I had a great friendship with two other males. After leaving home for college most of my close friendships have been with women. Right now I have one close friendship. I think we are friends because we are very much alike and have an intuitive understanding of each other. Also, we laugh at the same things and it is hard to say too many good things about that.
None that I can think of.
9. What are your vices?
I get lazy. Thinking about doing things a lot more than actually doing them.
10. What are your fears?
That I will end up alone, sleeping on a park bench.
My mother and I hated each other. My father was distant until I was older and then we became good friends. My two sisters and I are estranged - for the most part a by-product of the war that took place between my parents when they divorced.
I tend to control myself very tightly in public.
In high school, I was the long hair, dope fiend, who also made A's and was in Honor Society. Kind of a strange mix. Later, in my job, I was the friendly, do anything for you, hyper-responsible, worker. Very stressful!
Now, I kind of live in a cave so I have no idea how people view me.

And finally....

To be a good father to my children and to try to be loving to the people around me. Also, to try to be creative in spite of my anxieties about it.