• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

flowerkin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INFJ
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? I was born in the USA and I still live here
4. What cultural background are you? My family is from the Irish countryside, but I don't think that's significantly impacted my upbringing
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I follow no religions, but I plan on transitioning into Buddhism after high school. My mother identifies as "spiritual" but not religious and my father and brother are atheists.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? If by some miracle I'm able to go to college, I'd like to study psychology. I'm taking an AP psychology class at the moment and I have a knack for it.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? It's hard for me to get to know people of either gender, so I don't have many close friends. My closest friends ever have been my exes and my current boyfriend, I tend to bond best with men though I have unending respect for all women. I can only remain friends with people who are easy to be around and are accepting.
8. What paranoias do you have? People secretly despising me.
9. What are your vices? I smoke weed (too much, some would say) and was addicted to harder stuff in the past. I become very addicted to anything mind-altering.
10. What are your fears? Rejection, mostly. Huge, empty spaces.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My relationship with my mother is highly unstable. I love and hate her more than anyone else. My dad and I are similar people (reserved, respectful of each other's space) but we aren't very close. My older brother is one of my best friends; I can talk to him about anything.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I come off as indifferent most of the time, but when I'm really emotional, I'm really emotional. I've been known to cry in public on my off days.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I still am in high school. I don't know how people see me exactly, but I'm not there often. Most people, I get vibes that they see me as just another peer. Some people may think I'm odd.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I'd like to feel as much as I can and I'd like to help others in that, too.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. What is your personality type? INFJ 4w5 so/sx/sp

2. Are you male or female? Male

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States for Both.

4. What cultural background are you? To be really vague, majority of white with Hispanic blood.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? LDS both.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Something in the medical field. Working on a major of biochemistry, leaning towards dermatology or psychiatry.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

I prefer women way over men. I do have guy friends. Define "good." Perhaps 1 or 2, but even I am unsure about that. (must be the 4)

8. What paranoias do you have?
Mostly if I got my stuff stolen haha. If someone is watching me.

9. What are your vices? Sloth, lust, fear
10. What are your fears? Spiders, bugs in general, heights are probably my biggest.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Great with parents. Disconnected with Sister.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? 65% shows. :)

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
HS: Loner. Really ambitious for a runner. That guy who runs everywhere. Weird. An outcast of what I believe (religion-wise). Much integrity.

Now: A loner that likes to meet one on one, nomadic style. :newwink: Still weird, I have an injury, so not so much a runner.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
To understand human nature and how I can best help others see their potential. I don't see much for myself, even though I talk about myself a lot. o_O The 4 part of me is telling that I must find the "perfect one" so that she can compliment me and "complete" me. Yes, it is cheesy. :D

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INTP
2. Are you male or female? male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, Jamaica
4. What cultural background are you? Jamaican
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian-ish

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I just want a career that doesn't get on the way of my personal goals.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I relate easily to girls but I always feel like i'm in competition with guys. I have a few friends mainly because we travel in the same circles.
8. What paranoias do you have? Bugs, bleeding, car crashing, being judged
9. What are your vices? Laziness and overall lack of volition
10. What are your fears? Being rejected, being misunderstood, death
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I'm more comfortable around them than most people but my mom's voice is unbearable and she thinks she should use it constantly and my sister is unbearably naive. also, I'm the youngest so respect is nonexistent.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I am in high school. I like to think that people see me as mysterious and intelligent but fear that they see me as insecure and childish.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Making it last forever.

sostenuto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INTJ. Supposedly. According to several online tests, anyway. I have tested as INTP, and INFJ, and way back when, ISTJ. The INTJ description, however, fits me best.
2. Are you male or female? Female.
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, USA.
4. What cultural background are you? Asian.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? My family likes to think they are Buddhist, but we aren't a very religious bunch. I'd say I'm a Buddhist, but I'm probably more spiritual than religious.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Accountant/financial analyst with a side job of being a piano teacher. Currently in college to study Accounting and IT. Already giving a few piano lessons to family and friends.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Meh. I don't have any male friends (anymore). I only have one female friend that I'm extremely close to, and I probably have a handful of others I haven't actually seen in person in a while, due to college and distance. I'm friends with them because they're interesting. They listen to what I have to say, and they can carry a conversation. They're trustworthy and honest.
8. What paranoias do you have? I'm always afraid of people criticizing or judging me silently. I suppose the social anxiety contributes a bit?
9. What are your vices? I'm very stubborn and hard-hearted. I can get easily jealous as well.
10. What are your fears? I'm afraid of being alone, failure, spiders/arachnids/insects...can't think of anymore right now.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My father passed away when I was little. My relationship with my mother is rather devoid of emotion, but, well, we don't get into many arguments, either. I have no siblings.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I would rather not express emotion in public.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I think people saw me as "the quiet & responsible music student". Now I'm just quiet and responsible, seeing as I don't carry around a violin case every day. I think people now add "aloof/cold" to the mix, though.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Live life the way you want to. Don't be constrained by society's ideals. Make yourself happy and define success in whatever way that you will, but try to think and learn as much as possible.

lue

Background

1. What is your personality type? INTJ 9w1 sx/sp.

2. Are you male or female? Female.

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, USA.

4. What cultural background are you? Black.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian.

Questions

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Painter.

7. What are your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Don't have many of those.

8. What paranoias do you have? Abandonment issues.

9. What are your vices? Cigarettes and wine.

10. What are your fears? See #8 .

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Only child. Good relationship with both parents.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? No, thank you.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? In high school, I really have no clue. Now, eh, still don't know.

And finally....

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Have fun, enjoy yourself. Live and love in a way that works for you.

á´…eparted

passages
1. What is your personality type?

ENFJ, 1w2, LSI-ISTj

2. Are you male or female?

Male

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?

USA, Oregon. Raised in USA, New Jersey

4. What cultural background are you?

Middle class

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?

Atheist. Father is Agnostic, mother is devout new age/spiritual. Most of my fathers side of the family is christian, most of my mothers side is atheist/agnostic/apathetic

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?

Goal is to be a PhD organic chemist. As of now I am going to strive to work for the CDC or NIH someday on the new generation of antibiotics that are desprately needed for the world and need to be created. I am currently in my 3rd year of my PhD program.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

I have always seemed to befriend girls much faster than I befriend guys. Even as a small child my best friends were female. They always felt "safer" and more relateable to me. It's a stronger feeling of comfort. There is usually this feeling of tension/stress around most males. I am close friends with several. The concept of friendship with me is kind of complicated, and it's too much to explain. Really, I need to find a relationship first to help sort it out. What defines a good friend for me is not so cut and dry, but I'd say about 1/2 a dozen are truly close friends. I become friends with people I can easily and freely communicate with (in such a way where I don't feel pressured to contain myself too much), and share lots of common ground with.

I'm not really paranoid about anything in particular in the long term. Except for perhaps money/finances. The whole idea of it is anxiety inducing and I try not to think about it and ignore it as much as I can.

9. What are your vices?

I think my worst is my ability to lie/manipulate. I'm really good at it. Because I intrinsically understand social networks and stuff fairly easily, I almost don't even need to think about it to do it.

10. What are your fears?

Failure. Simple as that really. Failing at something, not meeting the mark, etc. does cause me a tremendous amount of pain.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?

No sibblings. I get along with my father fairly well. He's an ESTJ 1w9, and has fairly different values than I do, but we have grown a lot over the years and have learned to understand each other, even if we don't "understand" each other. There's a lot of respect for each other. My mother is an INFJ 9w8, and we were unbelieveably close when I was young, up until around when I was 20 I started to drift away, and last year it all fell apart. In short, she's become unrelatable, is completely sucked into political and spiritual/cult-like conspiricry theories, many of which are anti-science. As a scientist, I REALLY can't stomach it. Her not dealing well with me becoming atheist last year made it worse. We seldom talk anymore.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?

Basic emotions I could care less, so long as it would be seen as appropriate for the situation I am in. If I get the vibe that what I'd do is socially inappropriate and there is no one else around to help it I will keep it to myself, as I don't want to disturb things. For more raw emotions like sadness, that shit gets locked up and I almost never show it. It leaks out of me whether I like it or not when I am still/not talking, but if someone asks I deny it and wipe it off.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?

People in high school saw me as a science super nerd, haha. I was much more introverted in high school, but I wasn't that shy either. My main focus was studying and doing well in my classes. I sort of bounced between several social groups for a while until around junior year I settled into one. I was not confidant in myself or my own authority at all back then, and would cave easily to the pressure of others, but quietly fume about it and at times get passive aggressive about stuff. In essence, I was just much much less comfortable in my own skin. Now I have come into my own much more. People see me as directive, certain, intelligent, firm, and particular. Any areas where I lack confidence I hide from view unless there is a reason to show it.

If you want me to be really honest, I don't. I see no point in living/existing, and IMO it'd be much easier and make much more sense to just not. But that's not a well excepted way of thinking, so I largely stuff that away. That fact that I don't see a point doesn't bother me either. I have long term plans and goals outside of this, and I am going for them, simply because it's just a thing that I do.

the.drifter1975

INFP, 9w1

Male

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born ? - USA/Japan

Lower middle class

None. Father was an atheist/ mother protestant

Goal is to be a writer or actor

I never had a friend I could really connect with. I don't have the same hobbies as other males and females always seem to go for the cool, macho types.

Being so different I try hard to fit in but I feel like people are talking about me behind my back.

9. What are your vices?

I eat too much chocolate.

10. What are your fears?

Never being accepted, doomed to live life alone

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?

One sister, and mother. Father passed away. I am not as close as I should be.

I am not comfortable opening myself up that way.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Loner/ geeky. I hung out with the misfits.

Still searching for the answer to that question. Sometimes I wish life came with a manual.

Bowlosol

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP

Male

The United States. Colorado, specifically.

Mixed/American. Ancestrally: 1/4 Volga German, 1/8 German-German, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Walloon (French-Belgian), 1/8 English, and 1/4 unknown European (Probably Dutch and Belgian).

I am a Roman Catholic. I wasn't really raised as one, apart from praying occasionally with my mom. I chose to start going to church independently when I was ten. Currently, I'm more of a "knower of His truth" than a "believer of His love" if that makes any sense. Hopefully I'll believe again someday. My Mom and my Sister were raised Catholic, while my Dad was raised a Protestant and has been an Atheist since college.

Questions
Education, specifically Social Studies like Geography, History, and Psychology, or maybe even Theology or Philosophy. Although I'm not certain about that path at all. Those are just the subjects where my talents are. I used to want to be a Doctor like all my ancestors, but I'm terrible at Math and non-anatomical fields of Science. Teaching would let me do what I'm good at and interested in, and also be around kids instead of adults (because I like kids more).

I met my friends through school Cross Country and we became very close almost immediately. They are very fun and very cool, but also really deep and loving which is a sort of thing that I especially appreciate. We've done countless things together, and shared so many personal conversations. I can actually trust them with my feelings more than I can my own family. Also, their personality types (because we're real big on the MBTI) are ENFP, ENFP, INTP, INTJ, ESFP, and ESTP. On women, I interact with them easily until I find out that I really like one, and then struggle immensely to talk fluidly with her.

That other drivers might be pissed off at me.

9. What are your vices?
My biggest vice is masturbation - exhibit A of my lack of self-control. My imagination can be vastly darker than my personality is usually. I'm also very lazy.

10. What are your fears?
That I'll never have a family, or never get a job, or never ... be self-actualized, I guess.

My family is divorced parent-wise, and volatile sibling-wise. I'm really really close with my Mom (an ENFP), although she does erupt carelessly at times. She's still the highlight of my life. My Dad (an ISTJ), is a very quiet, reserved Stanford-graduate Doctor. He's actually a very loving person, but the rest of my family ignore that aspect of him. I have only one sibling (unfortunately), a younger sister (ISFP). She completely shuts me out of her personal life. She struggles with a lot of depression and self-harm but hates it when I try to talk to her. I get very upset thinking about how our relationship should be. She's my only sibling, yet our interactions are intentionally minimized. She doesn't take into account my love for her.

I'm fine with it. I usually think that other people either disregard my emotion or think that I'm foolish and absurd (except my friends of course).

Well I currently am in High School, so I'll just compare it to Middle School (this will probably give the wrong impression of me). Then, I was extremely hyper-sensitive, quiet, shy, weak, and certainly significantly different from everyone else. Very few people liked me. I begged my Dad to let me go to a different high school instead, because I was extremely depressed, and ruined most of my other relationships with the kids at my school. In High School, I was much stronger, and able to understand others and how I should react to them. I even hardly ever cry, which was a very surprising transformation for me. I'm cool with everyone in my grade, and friendly with a great number of them. Their positive perception of me as being nice (and even cool and funny sometimes!) has been huge for my self-esteem. I've never been happier in my life.

And finally....
To have a large loving, trusting and unbreakable family. I think about that a lot. Ultimately, it's to do the best with the gifts God has given me.

buddy2eyes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Backgound
- INFP, Enneagram 8w7 sp

- A bisexsual male

- Thailand for both

- Thai, nothing specially.

- No, I'm not interested in any religious though all of my family members are Buddhist

Questions
- Freelance worker. Illustrator/Writer or even open my own cafeteria. I keep making various menus, drawing and write things I have in my mind.
I just do what I want to do~

- So-So I guess? I don't like to have long conversation except when they ask for my advice. Usually I tend to be the listener anyway.
Most people like my opinion and I'd like to learn more from them so I can have more opinion to use in the next time and for the person I'll meet, that's how my relationship work.

- Will my viewpoint be completely refused by someone? Why they don't accept my thoughts?
I understand people can't have the same idea though. I just want to be the right one at some points.

9. What are your vices?
- Laziness and Hesitation. I'm a stubborn as well.

10. What are your fears?
- Same as question 8

- Not that bad or even good. I love them and they love me. That's the only thing I feel about it.

- I'm calm, more like apathetic person. Expressing through my voice tone, conversation and action. I'm a bit moody if being annoyed.

- I don't know. Maybe the leader/ good adviser? I don't think about how people see me so... no answer for this question, sorry.

- Follow what you feel right or what you want to. Be what you are.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Backgound
INTJ

Male

New Zealand, I was born here as well

NW European (British, German)

Atheist. Atheist ;)

Questions
Professional composer and/or conductor. At the moment I'm in the middle of my undergraduate degree for a Bachelor of Music.

I have four friends, all whom i met online. That is how I do all my socialising at the moment. I would really like to have a girlfriend, though.

I'm afraid of flying and I get vertigo.

9. What are your vices?
Being impatient and petulant.

10. What are your fears?
That the world is going to coalesce into a pile of multicoloured excrement before I have had time to reproduce, that I will die young, variations on a theme...

Pretty mixed. I get on OK with my mum. My relationship with my dad is a bit strained and my brother is the complete opposite of me in almost every way (he's an ESTP).

Well, let's just say I can get pretty angry if i have to wait in queues, and my looks can kill! Haha. I'm pretty good at public speaking and acting, which surprises me, since I am so nervous around girls.

I didn't have a great time at school, I don't know how people perceive me now because it's not the kind of thing I'd ask anyone. But i suspect not well.

And finally....
Changing the world, leaving a unique mark on it.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Instinctual Variant
sp
Backgound
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Australia for both
4. What cultural background are you? My cultural background is a large mix of different things...
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I believe in fate, but no I am not religous, none of my family is religous

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I honestly don't know, pyschology interests me but so does music and art, on top of that I love maths and IT
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I would have to say my relations with people in general is alright, most people don't understand me though. I only have a limited amount of good friends, you don't need to know why
8. What paranoias do you have? These are for me and my mind only
9. What are your vices? Same as last answer
10. What are your fears? Same...
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Not good
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? It's all inwards
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I am alienated in my school and treated like a lesser being
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? When I get through high school I might have an answer. But I doubt it

Geonat

What is your personality type?
Tentative INFJ

What religion are you? What religion is your family?
Pantheistish.

What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
My colleagues at work are very good friends, but we don't spend much spare time together.

What are your vices?
Need a kick in the butt to get boring stuff done.

What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
Very good relations.

How are you with expressing emotion in public?
Pretty well, but I don't want to make a scene.

How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
Pretty normal. I believe that people find me friendly and helpful, but a little passive. Definitely not a leader type.

What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
To get to closure with the philosophical/career part of my life and shift to a more social life. To work on my body and bodily experiences. To find new friends in similar phase of life. To find a woman to love and live with.

Last edited:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP. Possibly INFP with underdeveloped Ne.

Female

I've lived in the United States my whole life.

I'm 1/2 Dutch, 3/8 mixed British (English and Scottish), 1/8 Spanish Cuban.

I haven't been religious since I was 14, but the subject fascinates me. I was raised in a mildly religious (Moravian) home, but now only my dad is still part of that denomination; my mom seems more generally spiritual and my brother goes to an Anglican church.

My dream is to be able to support myself through creative endeavors (artwork, writing, or even crafts), but I'm realistic that most people who want to do this don't get to.
I'm terribly fleeting in my interests, so I'm trying to narrow down my focus more and actually develop some skills instead of experimenting with something and then moving on to the next thing. Right now I'm in love with the idea of being a stained glass artist, and maybe in a few years if I'm really good at it, creating stuff that people would actually want to buy, and certain that I love it so much that I'm willing to live frugally for the rest of my life in order to pursue it (because realistically it wouldn't bring in a ton of money), then I might attempt a career switch. (Most likely though, it will remain a side hobby.)

I'm more of a woman's woman, but I have one close male friend. The other two are women. What I like about friend 1 (ISTP): he is an excellent listener, nonjudgmental, smart, practical, interesting and complex but wants to keep it to himself, and honest. Friend 2 (ENFJ 2w1): warm, friendly, curious, we happen to share many interests (including mythology and music), sort of intellectual, very insightful. Friend 3 (INFP 4w3): We just "see" each other more than most people do. She's an INFP, and we have that instant (partial) understanding that one often gets with people who share their dominant function. We understand each other's issues (we both have "wannabe artist" and envy problems), so we can talk about stuff without worrying about the other being judgmental. She's also a really smart, complex person who has a huge heart.
Until I was around twenty I was often nervous around most males my age (unless I already knew them), partially because of suppressed boy-craziness and the self-consciousness that came with it. Thankfully, I'm over that and now I only feel nervous around men that I'm personally attracted to (yay).

Sometimes, I constantly think that people are insulting me indirectly, and find ways to construe their words in a threatening way.

9. What are your vices?
Being lazy. Being extremely distractable: bouncing around from interest to interest, and thought to thought, so that I'm only forming a shallow pool of knowledge and understanding.

10. What are your fears?
That I'm just a joke to other people. That I'm a bad person who can't change and should have never been born because I'll only mess things up for others. That I'll never be understood on the level that I want to be understood. That who I think I am isn't really who I am, and that deep down there's really nothing there: nothing to understand except a void that I try to fill with ephemeral lies. Emptiness. Not like Buddhist neutral/spacious Emptiness, a void that gives you the freedom to move around: more like a violent sucking black hole of emptiness that erases all freedom and potential.

With my mother: not excellent right now. With my dad: friendly but not extremely close. Brother: Probably a normal long-distance family relationship. No conflict, but not very close either. Warm in a removed way.

It depends. I hate showing anger and grief, and like most people crying in public is horrible for me if it's not "appropriate" to the situation. If I'm at a funeral or something, then I don't mind showing grief. Like most e9s, around most people IRL I tend to hide my painful feelings and aggression and mainly show emotion only when I'm happy.

High school - sweet, a little ditzy/lacking common sense but a good student/academically smart, hard to get to know, ADD, strange (sometimes in an off-putting rather than charmingly quirky way). Goody-two-shoes facade, but self-interested and a teensy bit wild underneath. Now - pretty much the same, except I'm probably seen as slightly less sweet, and a bit more aloof. Also, I've started to strike people as boring because I'm less communicative IRL now, but I think my inner life has gotten more interesting.

To life in general - don't ask me. From what I understand, there is no objective point to life.
To my life - I'll never come to a conclusive answer to this. It's an ongoing search and my answer is always changing, but as of right now I'm going to say to contribute to the lives of others, to connect with them and enrich their experiences. Unfortunately, I suck at this right now.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is based off of Usehername's INTJ Female Role Call. I was filling out all the questions she had and I was reading other female INTJ's responces. I found it very interesting and that it seemed like most female INTJ were not girly-girls. I found I related to some of them and not to others. So, this arouse my curiousity about people and personality types. So we have so many different people here, with different personalities, backgounds and beliefs, I thought it would be interesting to see what other types would answer to some of these questions.

Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INFP
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA to both.
4. What cultural background are you? Southern (Appalachian)
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian to both.

Questions
On the fence about a career, but I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Writing, so...
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have few but close friends. Mostly because they're dependable, reasonable, honest, loyal, etc. I don't like friendships just to have them. These are people I love talking to and hanging out with and legitimately care about.
8. What paranoias do you have? Uh... hmm... probably the motives and ambitions of others.
9. What are your vices? Lazy lol
10. What are your fears? Losing the people I love.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? No relationship with my father anymore (by my own choice), extremely close and friendly relationship with my mother. No siblings.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I'm not a dramatic person, but if an emotion hits me hard enough then being public isn't the biggest issue I have at the time.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Well, when there was a bomb threat people thought I did it... I was pretty quiet and detached, because to cope with being different and bullying I kept a distance between myself and most of the others. My friends knew I was a good person, I just don't play by the stupid social rules.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Hopefully to be a comfort to people and give them reassurance about their own place in life. I dunno, I'm still trying to pin down what my purpose is, beyond helping my mom and chasing goats.

aliciacan

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Background
ESTJ
Female
Currently in the US. Born in Germany.
Just German. I've lived in the US since I was a teenager though, so I have a lot of influences from here as well. My husband's family is largely El Salvadorian, so I'm also exposed to that culture a lot.
My family is mostly Roman Catholic, but not really practicing. I'm not religious.

Questions
I went back to college a little over a year ago to finish my BS in IT. I will probably stay to do my Master's (though probably in CS) if we can afford it and my family situation allows for it. It's hard with one kid, it'll definitely be hard with two. I'm on the fence about more children, but I told my husband I'd consider it when I finish my BS, so we'll see. I do freelance projects if I have time (not often) for some extra cash. I'd like to either teach at a university or do something like IT management. I like programming, etc., but I want to utilize my people skills.

I don't have many close friends. I have my bar group (whom I see almost exclusively every Friday at our local dive), my husband and I's mutual friends, my mom friends, and 3 very close friends. I don't care much for acquaintances. I don't have a problem talking to anyone, really, but I don't prefer being at that weird cusp of friendship with a ton of people. The bar dynamic (dominated by males and 3 females, generally) is very goofy, but we also verbally spar a lot. My husband and I's mutual friends are also mostly men (a lot of couples), and we do things like have barbecues, go out occasionally, see sporting events/concerts, whatever. My mom friends, I generally discuss child-related things with, but I'm quite close with a few of them and we'll talk about other things too. My close friends are 2 males and one female. They're the people I can be completely unabashedly myself around and they still love me all the same (and vice versa).

I have occasional bouts of anxiety... in which case, everything. Usually, I register that paranoia is a pointless emotional state and don't bother with it.

9. What are your vices?
If I don't consciously think about it, alcohol becomes a problem. I quit smoking and everything else a few years ago. Does not sleeping count? That's definitely a problem for me.

10. What are your fears?
Being stuck in a rut or limbo. It's absolutely the worst feeling for me. I need to do things and be productive and I need to have a plan.

I love my mom (ESFJ). We're not so close that we talk about literally everything (mostly because of my personality), but I trust her the most out of anyone in my life. Growing up, I was her rock a lot, but I didn't mind. I don't really speak with my father. Things are good with my stepdad, neither ones are lovey dovey people, so our dynamic is great for both of us. I have 5 younger siblings. My oldest younger brother and I do not get along. He's a textbook narcissist with no impulse control, and he drove me crazy growing up. I love him because he's my brother, but I talk to him as rarely as possible. I love my middle brother the most, we have a lot in common (he just started college and we're studying similar things, etc.) My other two siblings... I've always been like mom #2 too them, so that's definitely still our dynamic now.

That doesn't happen. I do have a switch when it comes to my son though. He gets all the love and attention he needs/wants, and I don't care who sees.

Reserved and serious, but not really in a nerdy way. I've had people tell me they thought I was intimidating (that resting bitchface) and I didn't really talk to many people. I mostly kept to myself and did what I had to do. I think people still see me like that now.

I do struggle with this a lot because I don't know... and I don't like that I don't know. This is one of the few things I actively try to just let be because I know it's pointless to think about. I'm just trying to be happy with myself, love my son with everything that I've got, and work on my marriage and life for us to all be content.

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Backgound
1. I'm certain my enneatype is 5, but I'm still working through MBTI... IxTP - you're welcome to type me.
2. I am female.
3. Born/raised in the USA.
5. I was born into a Christian family but currently consider myself agnostic. Maybe I'll come to my own conclusion someday.

Questions
6. I am undecided about career at this point. I'm interested in biology, psychology, and medical fields, but am not passionate about a very specific area. It's all interesting to me. I have a BA in psychology and am currently taking courses in biology and chemistry, which are prerequisites that will open up more options for me in the future.

7. I don't have many friends. Most of my online friends are male, though a greater proportion of my close friends are female. I would say I have around 5 close friends. I'm not sure how to describe my friendships but one thing they all share in common is that they accept me for who I am (and vice versa). They're able to see past my lack of small talk/light humor, which is what I think drives most people away from me. We're able to respect each others' space yet come together to offer differing perspectives and insights about mutual interests. Also, these people don't require me to be constantly hanging out with them in order to remain good friends.

8/10. I'm suspicious of the intentions of people in general. Especially online and in social situations where the person could stand to gain from playing favorites or being unfair. If someone gets stepped on, it's usually me. I do want to be accepted as part of a group and eventually find a significant other, but I'm unwilling/unable to step out from the safety of keeping my distance. The few times I tried, it ended poorly.

I'm also afraid of never finding a purpose or calling that I am passionate about. What good are talents if I have the "wrong combination"?

9. For many years I was played MMORPGs excessively as a way to escape from real life and to search for a system where I could be appreciated for my in-game skill/knowledge, despite being shy and socially distant. Of course, I found out over and over that the same social constructs that I hated in real life were every bit as present in gaming communities, if not more. The typical gamer guy prefers to 'carry' a sociable girl who is able to offer them emotional closeness, rather than accept me as a peer. I can't (and won't) offer them what they want. At the same time, I am not aggressive or ambitious enough to force my way into high-end gaming groups that care only about player skill.

11. I butt heads with my extremely Fe dad. Fortunately, both of us recognize this and we tend to avoid each other around the house. I get along with my conservative ISTJ mom most of the time. She's very loving and I share a lot of tastes (in food, fashion, etc) with her, but if a political/religious topic comes up all hell will break loose because my mom isn't able to consider the possibility of alternate viewpoints. She won't let go of the topic until she drives her opinion home (mostly restating her opinions over and over without acknowledging anything I say). Needless to say, I try to avoid those topics.

12. How am I with expressing emotion in public? I'd rather not. I try to follow expected social norms/reactions when I need to (e.g. talking to an authority figure) but it feels very forced and I'm sure the other person can tell that I'm uncomfortable. I'm okay with talking to people but facial expressions don't come naturally to me and I find it hard to make/maintain appropriate eye contact. (I have no issue with tone of voice, though.) I sometimes have to fight the urge to cry if I get rebuked or called out, but I don't really feel/express much otherwise.

13. In high school I was the silent person who sat in the corner nearest to the door and slept (or had a book on my lap underneath the desk) through every class except for biology and math team. I once fell into such a deep sleep that security was called over because the teacher couldn't wake me up when the period ended.. oops. When I wasn't asleep or in one of the classes I liked, I didn't talk and probably gave off the impression that I was never paying attention.

Sleep is still an issue for me (I stay up late and don't want to get up in the morning) but I put more effort into being a "good student" in class. I sit up front and try not to look negative.

14. I see no point to life. I attempt to distract/ground myself by studying topics of interest (typology is one of these), trying to understand the world (and people) around me, and trying to interact with my friends, but still fall into bouts of depression in between distractions. I am not suicidal but I often wish I never existed.​

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
xNTP or possibly XSTP 529 most likely.
Female
USA/Italy
Ethnically South Slavic...I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for here
Agnostic for me. Various forms of old school Christianity.
This is going to sound super ENFP, but I want to go into politics and foreign affairs, I just took the FSOT.
I have several close friends, and I have friends of both genders in pretty equal measure I'd say. I am mostly friends with people who enjoy the same things as me...that is NOT career wise but free time wise and have similar indulgences.
I'm not really sure yet to be honest. I don't trust people very easily so I guess I am paranoid about being betrayed or appearing vulnerable.
9. What are your vices?
Alcohol, Kratom, Futurama, NOVA, amazing food. I'm a foodie.
10. What are your fears?
I'm not sure yet...I'm not very introspective. I don't really know who I am to be honest. But poisonous spiders and other critters are definitely not my cup of tea, and I am not too fond of disappointing people.
Pretty normal. I have times where I can't stand them, but in the end I love and admire them and wouldn't want to be without them completely.
Not good at all, I can very easily empathize and on a superficial level sympathize with people when I over think their situation, but like I said before, I'm not sure who I am and I can really only express the strongest of my emotions and only then when they force themselves to the surface which is not often. In college my friends referred to me as a robot.
I think people saw me as an average american girl in high school, and that is generally how they see me now although I think I come off as a little more charming and intellectual...and I don't necessarily mean that in a good way.
I'm not sure there is a point to life in general. As far as my point in life, I yearn for knowledge first and foremost, and with that knowledge I hope to educate others and help them make choices that will help themselves in the context of their community, their city, their country, the world and the universe.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Sweden
4. What cultural background are you? Northern european/Scandinavian
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? None, I'm a freethinker. Secular Lutherans.
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm not really interested in having a traditional career. I want to become a literary scholar, and that's that.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Good, but I generally get along better with men. I have a lot of friendly acquaintances, which is rather odd since I'm very shy and introverted, but people seem to take a liking to me quite fast upon meeting me. I have about a handful or more of good friends (all introverted), and we're close because we understand and complement each other so well.
8. What paranoias do you have? The thought of not being good and smart enough scares me to death.
9. What are your vices? Procrastinating and enjoying good food too often.
10. What are your fears? Losing my mother.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Fluctuating.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I think it's inappropriate when it's unnecessary and makes other people uncomfortable.
And finally....
Strange, sensitive and shy. Strange, but in a charming, quirky/eccentric kind of way.
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? There is none, so it's whatever I make of it.

Surr

MBTI Type
IDFK
Backgound
- INxP, T/F remains unknown for now

- Female

- Finland and Finland

- Very basic North European

- I'm an agnostic, my brother and father are atheists and my mother is some sort of Christian though her religion doesn't show at all

Questions
- I'm currently studying, aiming to work with search engines and studying that field

- I have very normal(?) attitude towards both genders. I have two good friends besides my boyfriend and I'm friends with them because they are awesome

- Uhm.. None I'd like to say, though I probably think of world as a more twisted and dark (=interesting) place than it actually is

9. What are your vices?
- I love eating foods that are bad for my body. Also a heavy smoker until two months ago when I quit on a whim and still haven't started again. I also spend too much time on my computer and don't go out enough

10. What are your fears?
- I openly admit to being terrified of death and the idea of stopping existing

- We have good, relaxed relations with my parents and brother. We're not particularly close but they've always tried their best with supporting me

- I'm not. I always have a blank face unless I'm with very close friends

- I think they saw me as a normal person. I had my friends and I didn't bother others and they didn't bother me. Now, I'm probably seen more as a weird person because I never go out with any of my fellow students

And finally....
- I'd say fixing RL to be as secure and safe as possible and then just focus on having a rich, exciting life inside my head

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ENFP 3w2 sx/so
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA for both
4. What cultural background are you? Predominantly Italian/Irish. Tidbits of Scottish, Dutch, English, and French thrown in the mix.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Roman Catholic for both.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I have no clue what I want to be, in all honesty! I definitely want something that involves working with people and lots of independence. A clinical psychologist, maybe? Currently I'm enrolling myself in classes in college to help me reach this goal.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have very few female friends, but the majority of my closest friends are females. On the contrary, I have only one "best friend" who's a male, but the majority of my friends are males. My best friends, two females and a male, are my friends because they bring out the best in me. They bring out my silly, funny, happy, devil-may-care side. I can say anything to them.
8. What paranoias do you have? I sometimes feel paranoid that I'm disappointing everyone I love.
9. What are your vices? Physical pleasure and food.
10. What are your fears? Failure
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Extremely great relationships with my parents and my younger brother. Family has always been one of my highest values.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't like to cry in public, but if I have to I'll excuse myself somewhere and I won't hold it in. Showing joy in public is second nature for me!
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? High school: Sweet, friendly, helpful, pushover. Now: Sweet, friendly, helpful, definitely NOT a pushover. (A lot has happened since I entered college, and I'm a lot more assertive now. I'm not sure how I feel about it.)

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To be happy!