• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not fulfilling type ideals to the max

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Here I am, ENTJ who's not leading anything, who's success is low, trying so hard.. I own my clothes and debt. I'll probably work everything out just okay in the end, in few years.. perhaps everything will even be great. I'm just a far cry from some power-figure, rich oligarch or something like that.

So, how does it go for ENFJ who don't melt faces with their social prowess?
INTP who isn't the shining light of knowledge?
ESTP who's really not that high with street smarts?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life - love, even. I'm happy. I think about success a lot and I wish for it. I speak about it a lot, too, and I strive for it. Just that, objectively speaking, my life story just isn't incredible enough to celebrate right now.

Perhaps I'm not an average ENTJ either. Perhaps I'm this and that, perhaps a below-average ENTJ when ENTJ qualities are concerned :D

So, what's it like not to fulfill the real, or imagined type ideals? Stories, please.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I'll forever be looking for a portal into my own fantasy world, I'll say that much.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not an artist or musician. :(

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I haven't written a book on Advanced Mathematics

...yet.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thing is... My stereotype is so easy to follow that I do it with ease... basicaly screw up life... I think that if you stereotype requires more work it is easier to contradict it... Mine is like a default setting :D:D:D

One thing about me that does go against the grain though is the emotional stuff. Contrary to the stereotype... I'm not all hallmark cards and kleenex tissues at the ready... In fact I am probably less emotional than your average NT :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm still working on developing that flux capacitor. ;)

Thing is... My stereotype is so easy to follow that I do it with ease... basicaly screw up life... I think that if you stereotype requires more work it is easier to contradict it... Mine is like a default setting :D:D:D

:rofl1:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I really don't get all this crap about motivating others or being inventive. I'm as lazy as they come.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
+1
Geez I forgot about the whole motivating thing Sy... I can barely motivate myself

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I certainly don't measure up to the INTP genius stereotype. I'm not secretly brilliant. And I haven't done any real math for at least 3 years.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Most ENTJs are really pizza boys who obsessivly fantasize over being rich(Although to be fair they did make it to manager in only 3 months).

Most INTJs are pasty faced nerds who spend their nights planing world domination om their heads.

Most INTPs are pasty faced nerds.

Most ENTPs are Cosmo Kramer esque weirdos.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Yeah, I certainly don't measure up to the INTP genius stereotype. I'm not secretly brilliant. And I haven't done any real math for at least 3 years.
We're analysts, silly.

Something you've just proved by your analysis of your own failures.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Most ENTJs are really pizza boys who obsessivly fantasize over being rich(Although to be fair they did make it to manager in only 3 months).

Most INTJs are pasty faced nerds who spend their nights planing world domination om their heads.

Most INTPs are pasty faced nerds.

Most ENTPs are Cosmo Kramer esque weirdos.

Lol, yes, perfect.