• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intorverted Perception...just how certain is certain?

VagrantFarce

Dominant Si and Ni users, how certain are you of what you intitially perceive? I've been led to beleive that it's a feeling of absolute certainty, but I wonder if it is easy for you to doubt yourself?

Do you intiailly doubt yourself, or does that come later? Do you find it easy to ignore what stands in opposition to what you beleive is true?

(and leave theory at the door, I want personal anecdotes if possible :) )

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yay, I love leaving theory at the door....it just mucks everything up! ;)

How 'certain' am I? I am certain that I am not certain I can answer this question adequately, nor do I know what situation to talk about. Everything is highly situational for me, and actually I don't know that I've ever thought about my perceptions in the sense of their being certain/uncertain. Also, in general, I tend to not be 'certain' about much - there are many unknowns/variables, and the bigger/more complex the topic, the more agnostic I might become about said topic.

I do know that I will take every 'data point'/observation/bit of knowledge in, and each little piece will further add to what I know, and what I think, and the piece might further confirm what I had already thought about something, or it will add a snag such that I have to revisit any conclusions (conclusion = 'certainty' as pertaining to this thread?) and maybe alter them. And often times, especially regarding 'bigger' topics, or unknowns, or issues regarding people or relationships, I often view all of it as a work-in-progress...meaning....I'll take the initial data/'perceptions', and form an initial impression of everything. Sort of like a rough draft. Let's say the rough draft is 60% 'accurate', and it will start off with a lot of flexibility built into it, as I'm also aware that I'm not in a position to have all the information at hand initially, and am careful not to jump to faulty conclusions. So it's just a matter of time...it becomes finetuned over time, so that over time, with more data, I have a more complete picture/vision of things, or of people, and my inner certitude increases. It is true that my initial rough draft often-times is accurate and future data simply confirms the initial perception, but I'm not silly enough to think I'm always gonna have it right right from the beginning, as with certain situations/people, more time and input is necessary. And: what you see/initially perceive is not always truthful/accurate, if the deliverer of the info is being deceptive, so I'll always have a time factor to assess whether I'm being given genuine information. And finally, the general truth that things are not always as they might appear at face value.......

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yay, I love leaving theory at the door....it just mucks everything up! ;)

How 'certain' am I? I am certain that I am not certain I can answer this question adequately, nor do I know what situation to talk about. Everything is highly situational for me, and actually I don't know that I've ever thought about my perceptions in the sense of their being certain/uncertain. Also, in general, I tend to not be 'certain' about much - there are many unknowns/variables, and the bigger/more complex the topic, the more agnostic I might become about said topic.

I am pretty much the same.