• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intertype Relations

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
1cfUU

Trying to make sense of all this. I see dual-types has already been proposed in Socionics but I'm trying to take it one step further.

INFP should be ISFP but I think you get the idea.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Accurate. Nice. (I take it the positions are for where N falls into the types).

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I revised my stuff to better suit your interpretation of Socionics.

1cCHa

ENFP is now first in the third type set like it would be in your interpretation. I find it interesting that the occurrence of the types follow a staggered order between the primary and shadow type sets.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why is there a 1st - 4th on both sides of the scale ? And why doesnt it tell me whether a function is intro- or extroverted ? And whats so special about writing function order together with shadow function order ?

You need to work on that kid, I want a full report tomorrow morning !

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Why is there a 1st - 4th on both sides of the scale ? And why doesnt it tell me whether a function is intro- or extroverted ? And whats so special about writing function order together with shadow function order ?

It's for visualization, I'm going to renumber it later but I'm trying to get the groups visualized in order to sort them; I'll do that now.

Here we go:

1cEmu

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I revised my stuff to better suit your interpretation of Socionics.

1cCHa

ENFP is now first in the third type set like it would be in your interpretation. I find it interesting that the occurrence of the types follow a staggered order between the primary and shadow type sets.
So you've bolded the Ne-Si types, but otherwise, it's the same as the earlier one.
You say my interpretation of Socionics? (Or were you addressing me?)
I should admit I'm still not sure what exactly this is representing (I know it's accurate and a nice looking organization as I said, but what exactly is the point? Sorry, but a lot is on my mind these days, so it's taking me time to figure what this is about).

I guess you're starting with your own type and ranking the other types in order of functional commonalities? So you have fellow extraverts on the left, and their introverted counterparts on the right. And then moving down, iNtuition moves from dominant to inferior, but since you have the extraverts on one side, that's why ENTJ (Which is really entirely in the ENTP's shadow) is next. Really, in order of function commonality, it would be ENTP, INTP, ESFJ, ISFJ, but you have the columns grouped by E/I, so the type differing only by J/P is then the next closest after it.
Then it starts over again with dominant N, but now with T/F reversed, so ENFP, etc.

I'm curious on what exactly I've said that this is based on? In the OP, I grouped the by quadras, (so again, the NTP's and SFJ's would all be in the same group. I guess that's what you did with the bolding?)

It does tell you the orientation of the function. Look at the EIEI and IEIE on the top. That's telling you the attitudes; you just match that order with the function order in the corresponding box for one of the types:

i.e.
ENTP:

E IEI
NTFS

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It does tell you the orientation of the function. Look at the EIEI and IEIE on the top. That's telling you the attitudes; you just match that order with the function order in the corresponding box for one of the types:

i.e.
ENTP:

E IEI
NTFS

Fascinating....

What would be really cool would be if you could manage to unite socionics and mbti functions in a working model !

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Eric I've made it more clear here.

1cEmu

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fascinating....

What would be really cool would be if you could manage to unite socionics and mbti functions in a working model !
It gets confusing when they start trying to harmonize the mismatched I type functions (INTP=TiNe/INTp=NiTe; Ni=Ne, Ti=Te), so I don't know how to unite those.
I figure Socionics never should have adopted MBTI notation, then, because MBTI's goal is outward interaction (team building, etc), and that's why J/P was made to refer to the extraverted rather than dominant function.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eric I've made it more clear here.

1cEmu
OK.
One point though, the most different type (16th place) in many ways would be the ESFP, because that's the one where all eight functions are in reverse order (SeFiTeNiSiFeTiNe vs NeTiFeSiNiTeFiSe).
Though that's just an archetypal order, and not strengths, and all; and given that Se and Fi are the ENTP's "right brain alternatives", then you may have a point that ESFP has a bit more in common practically, than INTJ (Ni and Te are just the Double Agents, and may be lower down in a more practical order).