• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Trust Your Ni?

KDude

I'm starting to think this is why I don't get jobs easily....I look fine on paper, but I give off bad first impressions (too.....odd). My ESFP sister is the opposite - her job history reveals a flaky nature, but her personal charm secures her the job.

"Hey! We tried, right?"

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B47OyIcS-TA].[/youtube]

I'm not like him, but I come off kind of too informal. Or so I think. And really surprised if they hired me. I then turn into something good later. "Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't expect this from you." Not knowing that I channeled that energy because I thought they were kind of cute. Or at least, I thought someone was. That, or I started believing in something. But interviews are always the hard part.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Hey! We tried, right?"

YouTube video

I'm not like him, but I come off kind of too informal. Or so I think. And really surprised if they hired me. I then turn into something good later. "Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't expect this from you." Not knowing that I channeled that energy because I thought they were kind of cute. Or at least, I thought someone was. That, or I started believing in something. But interviews are always the hard part.

I vacillate between aloof & too intense, with a dash of tongue-tied and deer in the headlights. I also turn into something good later, so that I often become a valued employee - but the job interview...ehhhh....

redacted

I vacillate between aloof & too intense, with a dash of tongue-tied and deer in the headlights. I also turn into something good later, so that I often become a valued employee - but the job interview...ehhhh....

Yeah unfortunately people like you slip between the cracks, as employers have a limited amount of time. They come up with a metric that works in most cases because to use a better metric just takes too much labor.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Trust my Ni implicitly, although I also factor in the other stuff to balance it out.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
"You've been interviewing candidates for a job.
One of them has all the credentials, and scored the highest on all the company-defined criteria for the job.
Another one of them was pretty good but not in the same league.
You have a sense about the high-scorer, though, that he's bad news, and that the "so-so" one will work out well.
You can't point to anything that's led you to this conclusion, you can't justify your belief, but you have this sense just the same."

1. Do you trust this unjustifiable idea?
2. Which one would you hire?
3. How certain are you of your decision?

My answers:
1. Yes
2. The one I sensed would work out.
3. 100%

Yup. Same Answers.