• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 8 Functions Talking

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Which 2 of these comments do you identify with most?
Which one of these comments do you identify with least?

The 8 Functions talk about building a fence

1. I want to design the fence.

2. Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?

3. I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing

4. I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.

5. Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?

6. I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence.

7. How will it affect the neighborhood, and what will the neighbors think?

8. I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time

Mine:

I most identify with 2 and 3. I least identify with 6.

So I identify with Ni and Se and not with Ti? Okay.

Plus, I'm supposedly Fi I dom and I think number eight is just childish and ridiculous.:D

so...?????

Jaguar

I most identify with 2 and 3. I least identify with 6.

So I identify with Ni and Se and not with Ti? Okay.

Plus, I'm supposedly Fi I dom and I think number eight is just childish and ridiculous.:D

That #8 is indeed nonsense.
It doesn't even sound Fi. (So I can share it with others over time?)
Sounds like a bag of M&M's or something. :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently you are the only person in this entire thread who can't read instructions. Lol.

The one I least identified with was #7.

Oh...so you don't think your Fe is better than your Fi?

Fi is rather opposed to Te's "ends justify the means" attitude, in most cases. Fi is like...the anti-ENTJ! It seems like Fe would be much closer to your natural ability because it shares Te's external goal-oriented attitude and seeks to organize others into its own plans for completing these far-reaching goals. Fe is simply much more similar to Te than it is to Fi, because Fi is rather uninterested in completing external goals and seeks the most internally ethical viewpoint as an end unto itself.

For Fe, ethics/morality is a means to an end, and not the end itself...doesn't this sound more like you? I mean, I don't know you personally, but you seem awfully Te dominant and that's just much closer to Fe than to Fi...Fi is traditionally the worst function of ETJs.

What is it that makes you think your Fe is so poor compared to your Fi?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh...so you don't think your Fe is better than your Fi?

Fi is rather opposed to Te's "ends justify the means" attitude, in most cases. Fi is like...the anti-ENTJ! It seems like Fe would be much closer to your natural ability because it shares Te's external goal-oriented attitude and seeks to organize others into its own plans for completing these far-reaching goals. Fe is simply much more similar to Te than it is to Fi, because Fi is rather uninterested in completing external goals and seeks the most internally ethical viewpoint as an end unto itself.

For Fe, ethics/morality is a means to an end, and not the end itself...doesn't this sound more like you? I mean, I don't know you personally, but you seem awfully Te dominant and that's just much closer to Fe than to Fi...Fi is traditionally the worst function of ETJs.

What is it that makes you think your Fe is so poor compared to your Fi?

I want you to explain to me why I identify with Ni and Se in this test.

I'm guessing it's because the test sucks. Number 8 is silly.

But I can't wait to hear your explanation.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
1. I want to design the fence.
Ohboyohboy designing something!

5. Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?

Oh yeah, that too.

Least would probably be "decorating the fence so that it looks stylish and appealing" as I think the architecture of the fence should be beautiful and simple, not stylishly decorated and "following established guidelines" because I'd rather build it my own way.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, it's just a stupid game. The author obviously sucked when it comes to how to identify the functions. I identified the least with 7 and 8 or "Fe and Fi".

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, the first thing I thought was:
hmmm, fences are made of wood... wait, some fences are not... blah blah blah

The second thing was:
I might google 'how to build a fence' to get the general idea.

I think that sort of corresponds to:
6. I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence.
4. I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.

The last thing I thought about was style:
3. I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing

Breakdown: I had an instant clear vision of a fence in my mind, I don't need to design a fence, I worry about that when I get there. Analyzing things has slowly developed for me, it's usually the first thing I apply, without thinking about it too much. Lastly, I feel that I can't rely on my own knowledge and I need several opinions to be certain of what I'm doing. That's precisely how my mind works, does this mean I might not be ENTP?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I thought 2 too, but then I was all, "Of course I don't want just anybody getting into my yard and messing shit up, especially if I'm making a project out of it."

G

garbage

Is it okay that I didn't follow directions and instead just prioritized the list? 'cause I like breaking rules like that.