• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi <-> Ti

Anthile

MBTI Type
Yes
Enneagram
1w9
Greetings, I come from intpforum.com to ask you some questions. I'm not a native speaker so do not worry when my structure seems a bit odd to you.

I have noticed that people with exceptionally strong Ti's and Fi's tend to come to the same conclusions; albeit through very different paths. Consequentially the devil function of the INTP is supposed to be Fi (according the standard), yet it falls somewhere in the middle of the preferred functions for many INTPs. This is true for many INTPs at our dear forum. The devil function for INFPs is Ti. I'm suspicious that like INTPs, INFPs utilize theirr supposed 'devil function' far more than the standards suggest. I'd appreciate if the INTPs and INFPs here would post the order of their cognitive functions and thoughts on the matter.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That order with Ti or Fi at the bottom is not necessarily one of strengths, but could best be seen as complexes. The "devilish" complex will be negative, but when the complex is not engaged, the function is undifferentiated, meaning meaning you can engage in behaviors associated with it at any time without it having to be "devilish".

Explain this more here:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...s/1416-archetypes-functions-6.html#post771979

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for starting this topic. I was about to do so, myself, and you've saved me the trouble. Regarding my function strength, you can refer to my signature for that, and of course, you can see that I'm an INFP by looking to the left of this post. As far as my relationship with Ti, it's always strange to hear that I'm supposed experience it as something negative. My experience of Ti is so far from negative that I would go so far as to say that I'd be unable to think without it. I would still have my values, of course, and those are the most important thing to me, but it would be almost impossible to put them to proper use without a firm grasp on the intellectual realm.

(And no, I'm certainly not saying that low Ti means you can't be intellectual, just that it limits your options in that area. Similar things things can be said of the other cognitive processes.)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Greetings, I come from intpforum.com to ask you some questions. I'm not a native speaker so do not worry when my structure seems a bit odd to you.

I have noticed that people with exceptionally strong Ti's and Fi's tend to come to the same conclusions; albeit through very different paths. Consequentially the devil function of the INTP is supposed to be Fi (according the standard), yet it falls somewhere in the middle of the preferred functions for many INTPs. This is true for many INTPs at our dear forum. The devil function for INFPs is Ti. I'm suspicious that like INTPs, INFPs utilize theirr supposed 'devil function' far more than the standards suggest. I'd appreciate if the INTPs and INFPs here would post the order of their cognitive functions and thoughts on the matter.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Fi and Ti have got one base only.

They are undivided at the base.
Divided at the bottom.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have noticed I control Fi by using Ti. I play with what I know, sometimes searching for knowledge, sometimes prefering to remain ignorant to control my feelings. I allow my feelings to happen though. I would assume that Fi doms do this the opposite way. They conciously play with Fi to control thought. They just let thoughts happen. This is just something I was throwing around the other day. Thoughts?