• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many Ns are in general population ?

how many Ns are in general population, in your opinion ?

• Total voters

Chloe

Nice bell curve, it's almost perfect. This thread has as much purpose as the other hundred thousand that have been created. It's at least mildly interesting to see how the people have voted :D

Exactly. After 10000 stupid&useless threads I guess I deserve one for my own satisfaction.

I usually count as blacks only people who are very black.

Lol, I meant I don't "recognize" some people as Ns "on first sight" if they are low, so there could be more Ns than it seems to me.

Also in this thread there are so many projections; if I ask what do you think how many Ns are there, or say some people are low N so don't seem like Ns - where did I say its better to be N than S?! :rolleyes:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually count as blacks only people who are very black.

Edit: In addition to my posting a comment as ridiculous as yours,
I'm going to add that I think perhaps only a fraction of those in this forum claiming to be N,
are actually what I would even consider to be the definition of intuitive.

Interesting, what's your definition of intuitive?

Jaguar

Lol, I meant I don't "recognize" some people as Ns "on first sight" if they are low, so there could be more Ns than it seems to me.

Also in this thread there are so many projections; if I ask what do you think how many Ns are there, or say some people are low N so don't seem like Ns - where did I say its better to be N than S?! :rolleyes:

You didn't say N or S is better. That's not the issue here.

Ni is not something you can "recognize" or observe in a person,
anymore than you can observe their hypothalamus.
(Not without an MRI, anyway.) :D

I think it's pointless to even ask, or claim, what percentage of the population is intuitive.

There is no way of accurately measuring it.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I think if we tested different age groups, we would come out with different numbers, the younger they are, the higher percentage of intuitives. In children it's about 47% intuitives, in adults it's about 25%.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
US population: Sensors= 73% Intuitives= 27%
French Population: Sensors= 48% Intuitives= 52%

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen some online statistics, and I've also run a survey within the UK, the UK was not a pricese but gave roughtly 19% v's the online data of 22%. Basically not very many....

Chloe

My current opinion is 30%... from which 10% are borderline, and as someone stated... I guess I don't notice Ni easily since I don't use it much....
30% is enough for me I guess.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My current opinion is 30%... from which 10% are borderline, and as someone stated... I guess I don't notice Ni easily since I don't use it much....
30% is enough for me I guess.

This is roughly accurate, yeah. Most of my personal experience/things I've read say it's around 1/3.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
This is probably not the type of question that should be answered with a poll.

Seconded.

The question doesn't make any sense to me. Even "in your experience..." would be more relevant.

It's like saying "In your opinion, how many people own cats?"
:wacko:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ In my opinion, you own six cats.

And by God, I have a right to that opinion, dammit.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I started reading this thread and I thought 'Awww, I feel special!" :banana:

And then I read Protean's post with the statistics and I thought 'Awww, I don't feel so special!' :sadbanana:

ENFP females are up to 10% of the population? Damn, and yet I still can't recognize "my own type" when I see it!

I do think the idea of statistics differences between nations are interesting. Makes you wonder how personality traits are carried genetically, molded culturally. What gets encouraged and what gets repressed/penalized.

It would be great if there were some kind of definitive questions/signs to determine S vs N in people you meet. It is the hardest trait to determine in people though through pure observation. I think you have to really understand the way a person processes information, comes to decisions, etc. to get a sense of it. I understand what Protean is getting at, though I am not nearly as familiar with this S/N question as she is.

I have an ISTJ bff and it's only because of years of knowing her that when I learned she was an "s" that it made sense to me. Because I knew how she took some things literally and had a tertiary Fi (or is that quand..ary?) and how differently we approached problems and saw things. I knew of these differences before I got into Myers-Briggs and way before she took the test. It was an "a-ha" moment and my point of reference for S-N differences. I also briefly dated an ISFJ and I was joking once and she got annoyed and said, "Don't over think things". That kind of sums up to me the perception of the S/N difference.

But yeah, 25% are N's? Whhhooooo-hooo! I feel special. :D

And maybe it's because I am ENFP and it's considered an "eccentric/independent" type, but I caught a loooooooot of flak growing up for being "different/strange/weird". Seeing it through a lens of S/N difference though made some of that more understandeable and making it understandable helps deal with it. :)

And if I also count in all the companies/co workers I've worked at/with where there was a definite mismatch , if I attribute S/N divide to that as well --

Yep, 'N's are rare. Or maybe I'm thinking of 'NP'. Let's say 15%-20% for NP? :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Heh yeah, ENFP is by far the most common N type, especially for females.

Of course, all of us NPs are lame because, even though only 1 in 3 people is an N, something like 7 out of 10 Ns are also Ps.

So it's really NJs who are the special ones. :(

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In this world S is the new awesome.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This was taken from online MBTI statistics...

Total Artisans 36%
Entertainer 19%

ESFP 10%
ISFP 9%

Operator 17%
ISTP 9%
ESTP 8%

Total Guardian 43%
Administrator 23%

ESTJ 11%
ISTJ 12%

Conservator 20%
ESFJ 10%
ISFJ 10%

Total Rationalist 10%
Co-ordinators 5%

ENTJ 3%
INTJ 2%

Engineers 5%
ENTP 3%
INTP 3%

Total Idealist 12%
Advocate 8%
ENFP 6%
INFP 2%

Mentor * 4%
ENFJ 3%
INFJ 1%

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think there are actually more N's than people think, especially these days. Some say the population is around 25% N, 75% S. I disagree, I think it's more along the lines of 40% N, 60% S, just from the people I've been around. I know I voted lower, but if I truly think about, I would vote 40-45% N.