• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Each type in 3 words.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP-Analytical Innovative Introspective
ENTP-Innovative Analytical Enterprising
INTJ-Visionary Analytical Introspective
INFJ-Visionary Compassionate Introspective
INFP-Idealistic Innovative Introspective
ENFP-Innovative Compassionate Enterprising
ENTJ-Directive Analytical Visionary
ENFJ-Directive Compassionate Visionary
ISTJ-Perserverant Reliable Self-Assured
ESTJ-Directive Conservative Self-Assured
ESTP-Adventurous Mercurial Analytical
ISTP-Analytical Adventurous Self-Assured
ISFP-Artistic Sensitive Adventurous
ESFP-Adventurous Sensitive Mercurial
ISFJ-Conservative Reliable Sensitive
ESFJ-Sensitive Conservative Group-Oriented

*I chose to use the word visionary for Ni, and innovative for Ne and compassionate for NF and sensitive for SF.

Last edited:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved from the Bonfire.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What about Innovative Analytical Introspective?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What about Innovative Analytical Introspective?

This does not fit the ENTP, though fits the INTJ better. I've used 'Visionary' instead of Innovative for the Ni.

INTPs tend to be more analytical than Innovative though.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
ISTJ is as reliable as ISFJ if not more

snegledmaca

This is fun! Here are my stereotypes. I have to say that it's been a while since I've been into MBTI so these might be a little off from the standard

INTP- geek, nerd, no social skills
ENTP- futile visionary, no social skills
INTJ- stubborn, correct, efficient
INFJ- stubborn, empathic, righteous
INFP- elitist, conceited, self-centered
ENFP- visionary, fun, dumb
ENTJ- practical, efficient, sarcastic
ENFJ- manipulative, social, emotive
ISTJ- reliable, dependent, logical
ESTJ- practical, efficient, sarcastic
ESTP- laid back, slacker, manual labor
ISTP- laid back, engineer, no social skills
ISFP- laid back, fun, understanding
ESFP- fun, dumb, invasive
ISFJ- hard working, reliable, righteous
ESFJ- loving, caring, understanding

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is fun! Here are my stereotypes. I have to say that it's been a while since I've been into MBTI so these might be a little off from the standard

ENTPs actually tend to have good people skills.

Why did you not mention the ESFJ's tyrannyous tendencies and how this would detract from them being loving caring ... blah blah..

snegledmaca

ESFJ-Control Freak?

Uhm, I think that's more of an individual characteristic. Besides, aren't all types control freaks in their field of expertise? I'm guessing you're INTP, it says so in your profile, so I'm guessing you're socially handicapped. Now imagine how it would feel for an ESFJ to watch you? It would be like watching a cripple dance, so painfully obvious you need help. So the ESFJ tries to help you be better and you perceive it as control as they are always correcting you on how to do things they are good at (Well, they think they are good at... let's say things they are confident in). I'm sure you do the same in your field of expertise. For example, do you try to correct the logic of F types? Because in my book that would be being a control freak.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uhm, I think that's more of an individual characteristic. Besides, aren't all types control freaks in their field of expertise? I'm guessing you're INTP, it says so in your profile, so I'm guessing you're socially handicapped. Now imagine how it would feel for an ESFJ to watch you? It would be like watching a cripple dance, so painfully obvious you need help.

Ooooohh *wince*

So the ESFJ tries to help you be better and you perceive it as control as they are always correcting you on how to do things they are good at (Well, they think they are good at... let's say things they are confident in). I'm sure you do the same in your field of expertise. For example, do you try to correct the logic of F types? Because in my book that would be being a control freak.

I agree with you, not just in theory but because this was my experience with an ESFJ coworker awhile back.

We worked closely with each other a few years and build an odd friendship -- I was good at thinking and framing and creativity and understanding things, she was good at relating to others and getting things accomplished and being an active force in any situation. Her strengths were my weaknesses, and vice versa -- and we confused each other at first because neither of us could understand why the other one would do something a certain way.

We actually discussed all that, in snippets and chunks, as our friendship grew, and informally "took each other under wing." She would ask me questions when she was afraid she was getting off-course, getting my insights on a particular situation; meanwhile, she would give ME advice when she saw I was not being assertive, or letting people take advantage of me, or perhaps where I could have handled a social situation in a more positive way. We both benefited a lot from that friendship.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like how ENFJs are manipulative and ESFJs are loving and caring ;).
But are ENFJs manipulative because they are trying to get you to what they think would be best for you out of a near-smothering desire to care for you?:shock:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmm, somehow I find it amusing to take 4 words to describe a type, tone then down to three, yet use 2/3 of the same words for different types. I don't know why... but it seems rather funny.

Mine?

INTP: Over-applying errant theories

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like how ENFJs are manipulative and ESFJs are loving and caring ;).

That was a nice touch.

To be honest, ESFJs sometimes aren't that manipulative -- they'll just mow you down directly, no pretense involved, leaving you wondering what the heck happened.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Ok I saw that. what the heck!?
But are ENFJs manipulative because they are trying to get you to what they think would be best for you out of a near-smothering desire to care for you?
I am not sure but I would like to hear more! I find it interesting too that if you are going to have 3 words to describe a type,that the very first one you list is a negative.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Uhm, I think that's more of an individual characteristic. Besides, aren't all types control freaks in their field of expertise? I'm guessing you're INTP, it says so in your profile, so I'm guessing you're socially handicapped. Now imagine how it would feel for an ESFJ to watch you? It would be like watching a cripple dance, so painfully obvious you need help. So the ESFJ tries to help you be better and you perceive it as control as they are always correcting you on how to do things they are good at (Well, they think they are good at... let's say things they are confident in). I'm sure you do the same in your field of expertise. For example, do you try to correct the logic of F types? Because in my book that would be being a control freak.

Extroverted Judgment functions have control-freak tendencies. ENFJs can avoid it because they can see the big picture more clearly.

Nearly all of these are personality traits just like control freak is.

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's hard for me to do types if I don't know anyone from that type, so I'm going to do types with people that I know.

INTP- random, sarcastic, philosophical
ENTP- idealistc, critical, talkative
INTJ- mastermind, planned, theoritical
INFJ- shy, compassionate, stubborn
INFP- least practical, reserved, kind
ENFP- fun, carefree, vague
ENFJ- social, idealistic, caring
ISTJ- timely, somewhat strict, proper
ESTJ- critical, boss-like, structured
ISFP-sweet, reserved, random
ESFP-sociable, present-day oriented, carefree
ISFJ- duty-fufiller, helpeful, sensitve