• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs Ne Humor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Actually i found that quite disgusting, initially it seemed really interesting and symbolic. But uh, it was sick.

I'm surprised someone clicked on it. That's it, though? Sick? The re-virgination bit is the only part I'd cut, but the rest I find really stimulating.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm surprised someone clicked on it. That's it, though? Sick? The re-virgination bit is the only part I'd cut, but the rest I find really stimulating.

Like i said, initially it seemed interesting and symbollic. The gore got in the way, and you know the beastiality and stuff, just not my bag-at all. The visuals of that i found yuk, theres a difference between implying verbally and heavy graphics.
I think it could have been cut and umm, redone and would be great. I liked the ending part, the second path, the one of the heart-but just too depressing for me-and bloody. I do get it, i just don't like it or find it amusing.
I love things like fantasia (although not humour), which are a lot more....gentle.
Saying that i loved the 11 o clock show, which had plenty of sick inuendo.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Forgive me if I am not quite right here, but I believe I am at least on the right track.

Ni humour (probably not funny to an intj though 0-0)

images

(the more I look at this ^ the more I find it amusing; i'm not even sure if Ni or Ne is a more dominant part of my conscious mindset!)

Ne humour

snape_on_plane.jpg

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm Ne.. My sense of humor plays STRONGLY off other people. Actually, it always plays off other people. I'm CONSTANTLY making jokes (never mean) about the people i'm hanging out with, or telling stories about funny things people I know have done, or funny things I have done with the people I know.

Like, for example, my friend (Another ENFP) and I went out to eat tonight. As she was listening to me talk, I was watching her facial expressions. I had to pause in the middle of my story (ABOUT ANOTHER FRIEND) to say "Oh god! You should have seen your face a moment ago, it was so funny!" and then continue.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love things like fantasia (although not humour), which are a lot more....gentle.
Saying that i loved the 11 o clock show, which had plenty of sick inuendo.
Have any clips on hand?

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Ni humour is generally based on picking apart the flaws of society or systems i.e. Jerry Seinfeld (INTJ).

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ni/Si humor is more personal than Ne or Se. It's based off the inside person. That's why ExTPs are most likely the funniest.

TJs with good use of their Pe are more likely to be funny.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Whenever I go out to eat and the waiter asks if anyone would like dessert, my ENTP friend without fail says, "No thanks. I'm driving." ENTP's seem to have go-to phrases/jokes that work for them. I laugh every time.

That's like my line when I'm out with friends and they ask me if I want to salsa dance. I say "No thanks, Salsa gives me gas". LOL. Of course, this joke has an expiration date. :D

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been thinking about this for a while.

Can a Ne dom/aux (NP) Ne-play with an tert/inf Ne (SJ)?
Likewise with Ni-users?
[/SIZE]

SJs use Ne
SPs use Ni

Depending on their strength of use, they are very capable of getting the humor.

I have an ENFJ where sometimes we can give each other a look and die laughing, and sometimes we'll miss each other, or get it but it won't be that funny. The problem with Pi humor is that, as others mentioned, if all the pieces aren't out there, people will miss it. That's why I think you need a nice mix of S/N in order to be good with making others laugh.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't read the thread, but here's Ne humor:
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

Hahahahahaha!

I get it but it's not funny in itself,
It's that it's so absurd that makes it funny.
And for jokes that bad, you have to laugh the way you did, or else you will not get a reaction out of anyone. LOL

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is absurdity part of Ni humor too, or is it just Ne?

I walked home from the bus stop one day, and noticed little grasshoppers with butterfly wings. Later that night, I heard a noise outside my house in the vineyards (that my house is surrounded by) that sounded like a woman getting stabbed to death. The next day me and my buddy decided that a kangaroo with butterfly wings that goes KA KAA!! lives in the vineyards and murders people :eeep:

kakaa.png

(Note: discovered that the noise is made by foxes, those freaky little vicious things)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine's dry, witty, satirical, sardonic, cynical, and little morbid, but also laced with cuteness, goofiness, geekyness, and it's quite punny.

Love things like Jib Jab, Monty Python, Colbert Report, SNL skits making fun of politicians... but essentially, I can find humor in anything, even in watching someone throw a banana peel away in the garbage. I tend to pick up on puns even in everyday speech, and I point them out and think it's funny that someone ended up making a pun and they didn't even intend it. Sometimes if I know someone really well, and I know that they won't be offended, I bust on their chops a bit... but it's always in good measure. More than anything, I tend to use the self-deprecating humor quite often... I'd rather pick on myself before someone else does! LOL

bionic

Permabanned
I like both kinds of humor. They're both clever and witty in their own way.

My personal humor is more slapstick filled with irony, coincidence, and a pint of dry. Then of course sarcasm... lots of it. I lure in people with my humor. It helps me appear more likeable than I truly am.

S

Sniffles

Historical-based satire always tickles my funny bone.

[youtube="gou1cspUfdY"]Life in the future[/youtube]

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV8BlBKupHM&feature=related"]Ni Humor[/YOUTUBE]