• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you find your type?

How did you find your type?

• Total voters

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
You couldn't disprove it, but there is certainly no dire need to take that piece of information aboard. It has a low chance of being useful, right?
It's about as useful as an MBTI type you get from a 20 question Facebook quiz.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Through a series of google and wiki searches that went something like:

introversion/extroversion -> MBTI -> Socionics -> *passes on Socionics* -> Takes MBTI test -> INTP -> *gains immortality*

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took one of those Facebook online quizzes and my result was the "ISTP." I was suspicious of it at first, but then I read the strengths and weaknesses. They were all true, but some stood out more than others:

My reaction after reading that: "......oookaayyyyy.... you got me." :mellow:

I guess I should have added I dove into the subject more after that, learned about function types, processes, roles, etc. I read about anything I could get my hands on, along with joining this forum. All the data I accumulated just verified my hypothesis that I was an ISTP. :cheese:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well there is the official MBTI (tm) test, but I've only seen it on paper, not online.
Right. I just took that test last month with a dozen other people, and I'm not so sure everyone's results were accurate.

But there is Humanmetrics test on the web which I think is pretty decent.

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology
I like that one, too... very much like the official test... however, some people - who are sure of their type - on this site have said that they received inaccurate results from it... so it's not fool-proof either.

My point is that: even though someone takes a test... they shouldn't take that as absolute truth. If they read the profile and don't relate to it at least 85%, they should probably keep investigating until they have confirmed it through more study.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Right. I just took that test last month with a dozen other people, and I'm not so sure everyone's results were accurate.

I like that one, too... very much like the official test... however, some people - who are sure of their type - on this site have said that they received inaccurate results from it... so it's not fool-proof either.

My point is that: even though someone takes a test... they shouldn't take that as absolute truth. If they read the profile and don't relate to it at least 85%, they should probably keep investigating until they have confirmed it through more study.

I concur.

R

Riva

I did the test and confirmed it after i read the socionics description.
The test said it, but socionics confirmed it.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
At first I tested as INFP, then I started reading about these type things and I had the feeling that the ENFP description fitted me way more.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm glad this thread was started. My class in college all took the test, which was administered professionally. I remember thinking I get it and vaguely remembered something about ESFP. I always looked back thinking that I must have tested ESFP. I decided to dig it out. I've been typing myself as EnfP because I don't feel very N, it is surprising to me.

3843467130_e4aee35975.jpg

When I started looking into it this year I took a test online and then researched it.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Initially, I did it by taking tests and reading descriptions. This led me to the wrong type. Then, a type professional I encountered in another forum asked me to "try on" being INFP for a week or so to see how it fit. It fit very well. Subsequent consultations with a type coach cemented my preferences by going over the Keirsey temperaments and choosing a best fit (NF), interaction style (behind the scenes), and comparing type descriptions. But all this only after I had some solid understanding of the models and theories involved.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I went some therapeutic discussions with a psychologist, analytical psychology style, and found out my top cognitive styles, top thoughts and what's below. It's not what we discussed, tho; the ideas were started in the discussions, and I thought about them, researched online and thought about myself and theory.

My feeling is subordinate to my thinking. I think that was the most important finding.

Love of abstract reigns over sensory stuff for me.

I'm more natural, functional and happy as an extrovert.

I found out my top idea was to organize, plan and execute, whereas randomness and non-planning is just something I've calculated in, something I've allowed for. At least, this is true when I'm not burnt out.

So, learning about myself, thinking about my actual top preferences lead me to this type. It's the type I get mostly from tests, too.

I don't think my daily behavior is a good indicator of my type. I can spend a day being P if I've seen it's a good relaxation and mental exercise for me.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
We took the test in a college class. The professor was trained in administering the test and was experienced with MBTI. I had heard of such tests, but didn't know anything about them at the time...

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Several years ago at alternative school I was taking a class called "Marketing Yourself" and part of the class was to take an MBTI test. Well on that test I was totally mistyped as an INFP, but it was based on the kinds of things that were going through my head at the time.

Over the last few years when I've taken the test I've gotten ESTP consistently, though, including the Keirsey Sorter II. And when I became more acquainted with KTT I realized I've always been, and acted like, an Artisan (SP) and that although my disposition has changed my tendency has been to naturally drift towards acting like an ESTP. It's like the mode of being that I naturally rubber-band to. Kinda funny because for so long I thought I was an Idealist and a quiet little INFP dude when I think that was really just my environment molding me to be a certain way that I was never quite comfortable with. I never could really trust my intuition, for instance, and I absolutely hated being so meek and letting others use me.

It's interesting to see the changes that occur as one grows up. By mid-high school I was growing more and more extroverted and I naturally developed a very charming and urbane personality. I've always been adventurous and able to move other people through suggestion and influence. I just had alot of untapped potential due to the suppression of my personality through various circumstances.

Also, this:
I think sometimes its better to read the descriptions since it gives a more practical description of how people act. The tests are so vague and some of the questions are difficult to apply to how you would think or act in different scenarios.

THANK YOU! :worthy:

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I had to do a paper MBTI test at work. It was quite long - 8 pages or so, longer than any of the online ones at any rate. I tested as INTP. I spent the next weekend non-stop reading everything I could find about INTPs, and was :shock: when I read all the profiles. All these parts of me that I'd tried to keep hidden or didn't really want to admit to myself - all there in the profiles.

I've since done a gazillion online tests and learnt about the different cognitive functions etc. I'm less convinced of my type than I was at the beginning but most likely I am an INTP, and not say, ISTP or INTJ (or, zomg, ENTP).

wolfy

awsm
Apart from socionics and someone telling me my type I did all of the above in the poll. I'm pretty sure my type is ISFP but can see how my personality bleeds into other types close to ISFP. Overall, I've found figuring out my type really useful.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
<snip>and was :shock: when I read all the profiles. All these parts of me that I'd tried to keep hidden or didn't really want to admit to myself - all there in the profiles.

I'm there with ya, sister.