User Tag List

View Poll Results: How did you find your type?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looking at each of the 4 MBTI categories step-by-step

25 36.76%
  • Looking at the cognitive functions

23 33.82%
  • Reading descriptions of the 16 types online

28 41.18%
  • Taking online tests

48 70.59%
  • Socionics

6 8.82%
  • Someone on TypoC told you your type

4 5.88%
  • Someone you know told you your type

3 4.41%
  • Other (mention how)

16 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

A grad student in psychology who was interested in it tested me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I first thought I was an INTP, and so I joined a forum for that type. Over the course of my stay there it became obvious, however, that there was something different about us; I had an abnormal number of conflicts with them, and I didn't seem to process things in quite the way they did. At some point I took a cognitive processes test, and I saw that I had much stronger Fi than an INTP is supposed to have (it was right up there with Ti). So I changed my type to INXP, which was meant to be a hybrid between the two types. As the differences between myself and INTPs grew more apparent, however, and since Ti is a process I only developed recently in life, I decided to change the X to an F. For awhile I also considered the possibility of INFJ for my type, since I have strong NiTi and people and tests often suggest a J for me. Ultimately, though, I decided on INFP, since I'm an individualist whose values fly against society's and because, unlike most Js, I often lack motivation and decisiveness.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTJ

I just looked at the poll results and it seems like a lot of people didn't even bother taking the test.
    Reminds me of the fact how a lot of people just read through type descriptions, pick the "coolest" one and declare it as their type, resulting in a lot of "type confusion".
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I begged the question on ask.com

I said "Dear World, what is my type?"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I took different tests
    and got a few different answers, but usually one of the sfp's.
    Then I read the type descriptions of the results that I was getting and picked one.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I just looked at the poll results and it seems like a lot of people didn't even bother taking the test.
    Reminds me of the fact how a lot of people just read through type descriptions, pick the "coolest" one and declare it as their type, resulting in a lot of "type confusion".
    One thing I've discovered is that there is no one test that will give 100% correct results for everyone - especially online. Even when a professional administers the test, they still expect you to use your own self-knowledge to verify the results.

I share your frustration concerning type confusion. People need to take time to study it. They think it's as easy as taking a little online test, but it's not. The results still need to be confirmed.

heart on fire

I took the long version of the test at college. Came out 90 percent in I, 90 percent in N, but 50-50 in both the T-F and the J-P.

So counselor says this is a "weakness" of mine and I need to pick whichever way I want to be and go with it.

Well I don't think I am a thinker because I am so poor with math and who the heck wouldn't want to be more organized? So I went at first with J.

MUCH Later when I visit these type boards and learn more about cognitive functions.
    I realized what the real differences between Fe and Fi were and what Ne is and I took a cognitive functions test then I decided I was INFP and then no more question.

And who the hell was I kidding? I've never been organized.

MBTI
    entp

work made me do it...i was like 'oh ok' then didnt bother for about 2 yrs. then wierd shit started happening...i got everything the prof said or the book was trying to tell me but i just barely passed. so through sefl-examination i started wondering about myself and learning skills when i remembered the long freakin test i took a few years ago. that was about 8 months ago

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I saw it written in the clouds.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I started out with the APS (see signature), and was introduced to the Keirsey Sorter II online by a friend. Both my wife and I tested as ENFJ, which sounded somewhat like her, but was way off for me. I saw that the KTS used the four MBTI dichotomies, which I had seen years before, but had never looked into. So now, I was determined to see how MBTI corresponded with APS, and from there figure a type.
    I of course looked at descriptions of all the types, but none seemed like perfect fits, and several had traits I could identify with. I realized the dangers of a Forer effect (which I had never even heard of yet, but I knew that any person might be able to identify with descriptions of any type). Just going by dichotomy descriptions, it did seem like a good bet I was N and P, and figured I had to correspond the two systems, if possible, to find the best type.

Already, you had I/E, which sounded like a match for FIRO/APS' "expressed Inclusion" (eI). I had low eI, so figured I must be an Introvert, though Supine is said to have extroverted qualities, so I kept that in mind as well. Both T/F and J/P seemed like good matches for the other dimension known as "responsive" (wanted) behavior. Then, I had to figure how S/N corresponded.

I soon learn about the Interaction Styles, which I determined matched Inclusion, and that the Keirsey temperaments matched the other area of Control. That suggested (INP=Supine) + (NT=Choleric) = INTP, which turned out to fit well, especially from Paul James' description.
    From there, as I learned more about the cognitive dynamics (which as we see can often be ambiguous), which raised some questions at times, so it became a matter of ironing out the best interpretation of them. But overall, this all seems to have worked out.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas