• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

most likely to "stuff" their feelings"

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Does anyone know which type or function is the most likely to "stuff" their feelings and eat themselves into oblivion?

I knew an ISFJ who weighed 365 pound for that reason.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I watch the shows on television of largely obese people, many of the men (I am not sure about women, but I'm simply describing the men) seem to be mostly:
- ISFP

Followed by:
- ENFP (Not as sure on this one, however)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
One xSFJ (probably ESFJ) did just that. I know her well, diagnosed initially as clear ESFJ, nowadays she would pass as ISFJ. I introduced the MBTI idea to her.. she got quite interested of the MBTI, altho she likes most psychological tests out of curiosity.

Anyway, I know her well, and she told her eating disorder began partly as a reaction to being bullied at school when she was 13.

She's told she stills eats a lot in reaction to sorrow, tho she's cut it down now. I don't know her weight, but she was obese, and now down to heavily overweight - borderline obese.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I imagine an ISxJ could do that... I would have guessed IxTJ, though, because they seem to have the hardest time expressing feelings. Although an overly polite ISFJ might do the same thing... I might overeat for one day or so if things were bad, but I can't imagine doing it chronically.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen fat people of almost every type. I'm not sure if it's stuffing their feelings or simple gluttony. I would think EPs are generally the biggest gluttons; though I haven't known any fat ESTPs.

I haven't seen any fat INFJs, however. Are there any on this board?

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
Are any of the INTPs here fat?

I suspect that at least some INTPs may have a tendency to forget/neglect to eat when they become absorbed in thought or an activity of interest. (Of course, I'm not referring to myself here. Heh heh.)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know an ENFP and an ENTJ who are nearing spherical...

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I suspect that at least some INTPs may have a tendency to forget/neglect to eat when they become absorbed in thought or an activity of interest. (Of course, I'm not referring to myself here. Heh heh.)
:blush: I've missed a few meals while playing Halo 3, for one.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
Are any of the INTPs here fat?

I was a chubby little kid. :D I'm average now. I forget to eat whenever I find a good book, but I hate exercise, so I'll never be skinny. That may be a good thing however, because I don't pay attention while walking, and if I were bony walking into walls would hurt more...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I would guess probably SFs... although you would think people with inferior Se might do that as well. I do sometimes indulge in comfort food, I think I'm too jittery to gain weight.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm of healthy size though a little soft, if only because I sit at my computer for too long and don't get out enough. I have been known to forget to eat and skip meals (because I'll be playing some video game like the pixel crack addict I am and not feel hungry until I actually realise I haven't eaten all day), and eat too many sweet/salty foods every once in a while. Usually, though, I have little compulsion to eat/not eat beyond three meals a day. (The fact that I have a very small budget might contribute to that too. The more efficiently digested food I eat, the less money I spend. However, when there's an abundance of crap, but tasty, food, you can bet I'll be munching on it too much.)

I've known some people who were fat and complained about it. They struck me as SFs or NFs. The people that I've known to be STs or NTs who were fat/overweight/pudgy, either didn't care or were mostly oblivious to it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have a cyclist's body build. I find it generally extremely easy to eat whatever I see best according to nutritional values.

I did deviate from my nutritional style early this year. It was a bit difficult to cut down on the fatty foods, potato chips, candy and such. I just craved for something good to eat and it felt like a must. I compensated by deciding to spend 15 minutes more time to make food, so that I could make healthy, good food that TASTED GOOD. It took more trouble and innovation to make food from healthy ingredients. It was extra hard to do the work to make good food, because I was depressed and the unhealthy foods made me feel better. I never got fat by regular standards.

Now I'm physically in excellent health, have the recommended blood pressure, resting heart rate, good (high) hemoglobine levels, and I have probably about 5% body fat. Muscles will be distinctively visible at about 3% body fat, I'm aiming for that next spring. Not that there will ever be a lot of them (muscles). I tend not to gain muscle mass easily.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I'm well rounded. I think it has more to do with loving food and hating exercise than stuffing my feelings, although the latter might happen once in a while. It's also about being lazy - I can live on noodles and popcorn for a long time if I'm alone and I usually won't cook if it takes me more than 15 minutes to do so (stir-fry is my friend)Pretty soon I'll decide that enough is enough and I'll lose some weight -that's what usually happens. I'm not built to be skinny, though and I'll look ill at a weight that is in the normal BMI range for my height.

I think any type is susceptible to eating disorders, but I'd suspect it more often in an IxTJ than any other type, as it has been mentioned before.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm slightly overweight, but not obese...I'm still able to comfortably fit in the seats of a movie theater or a roller coaster. I also have a large bone structure.

I'm certainly not one of those "fat mamas/papas" who sits on the couch watching Jerry Springer and soap operas all afternoon.

The stereotype I also think of regarding fat males is the ESTJ mob boss frequenting The Olive Garden.

Usehername

On a mission
i'm one scrawny intj. i just keep losing weight by doing nothing sometimes. (well, i got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago, so my 113 lbs is justified b/c i can't eat anything b/c i can't chew. but i'm normally 118ish. and 5'7")

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think it has more to do with body type than personality type. Assuming that they all "stuff their feelings" the same, an ectomorph would have to eat like 3x as much as an endomorph to gain the same amount of weight.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think it has more to do with body type than personality type. Assuming that they all "stuff their feelings" the same, an ectomorph would have to eat like 3x as much as an endomorph to gain the same amount of weight.
Ah. Good point.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although I think body type can be factored into personality. For example, fat people (women in particular) tend to whine more.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i don't stuff my feelings
i just like to eat. I like to eat A LOT.
but luckily i don't gain weight easily.

food is my anti-drug.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm sedentary, but thin mostly because of my genes. I don't know if it's genes or what, but I do not like to eat any one thing in large quantities and I hate the feeling of being over full. I forget to eat sometimes or procrastinate because I don't want to stop what I'm doing or nothing sounds good so I don't bother until I'm getting dizzy.

I just started gaining weight in the last . . . probably five years. None of my pregnancy weight stayed on any time at all, but age is getting me a little. Of course I have to gain it in my middle. :dry:

My sister-in-law is an ISFJ and beautiful, but overweight. Part might be from stuffing the emotions, but it's also because she really pushes herself to keep up with all of her responsibilities and she has a lot of them. When she feels tired she eats for the energy boost so she can keep working away.

One reason I hate the stereotypes about weight is that I know how lazy I am and how little I worry about my diet and yet I stay thin, while I know heavier people that work like dogs all day and eat what appears to me to be normally and just gain and gain. It stinks.