• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Real world examples of Ti

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been known to blow off my director because I didn't want to deal with him. ENTJs can be needy when they are managers and need me to give them data. I did minimal possible, I work on solutions, not waste my time creating data points. That's a waste of my time as I don't like it nor am I good at it. When we are in a time crunch I will fix the problem that the data points support. Essentially making them useless in the future.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been known to blow off my director because I didn't want to deal with him. ENTJs can be needy when they are managers and need me to give them data. I did minimal possible, I work on solutions, not waste my time creating data points. That's a waste of my time as I don't like it nor am I good at it. When we are in a time crunch I will fix the problem that the data points support. Essentially making them useless in the future.

My hurdle is dealing with certain managers who like to micromanage every aspect of my job
It makes me feel helpless and unable to do my job well. However if a manager gives me a lot of freedom and trust to complete various tasks or projects, I can usually exceed their expectations.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My hurdle is dealing with certain managers who like to micromanage every aspect of my job
It makes me feel helpless and unable to do my job well. However if a manager gives me a lot of freedom and trust to complete various tasks or projects, I can usually exceed their expectations.

I don't do good with micromanagers. They usually realize I don't listen while still exceeding expectations or they just give up.

Edit: sometimes you have to throw a bone to distract them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How are you phone-talkin', cubicle squattin', conversation startin' ITPs not attempting suicide on a daily basis?

I'm in an open cube, the type that enhances communication amongst colleagues. It also allows me to hear their noisy babble a lot better, which I don't like. The guy behind me, not an INTP I can guarantee that, can get really loud on the phone sometimes. For example, "Oh WOW, haha! that's my MOTHER'S name! Amazing!" Just shut up.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in an open cube, the type that enhances communication amongst colleagues. It also allows me to hear their noisy babble a lot better, which I don't like. The guy behind me, not an INTP I can guarantee that, can get really loud on the phone sometimes. For example, "Oh WOW, haha! that's my MOTHER'S name! Amazing!" Just shut up.

More like enhances meaningless small talk amongst colleagues :laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More like enhances meaningless small talk amongst colleagues :laugh:

It's mainly about cars and food. ISTPs and ESTPs are very common there, I think because they are good at figuring things out like computers.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
A guy couldn't figure out his poor gas mileage. He compared environmental snapshot data and everything was similar except his car on average ran two more pounds of boost.

I reminded them more air meant more fuel. They stared into nothing thinking about it then said that wasn't it.

I walked away.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
rnd person: <Insert movie> sucks real bad.
Ti: <thinks about level of expectations, the intended target audience, the overall storyline and the impact of each character, the value of entertainment the movie provides its selected target audience over the value of alternative examples of similar entertainment.>
Ti: Well, it wasn't really that bad, but yeah I didn't like it either.
rnd person: <raises eyebrow>

Ti is processing data internally until you reach a satisfying answer that may or may not make any sense to the other person. Also even though there is quite a bit of method to Ti, you shouldn't look at it as neccesarily being right. Perhaps it is more informed than how some other processes draw conclusions, but Ti has pitfalls as well. In fact being able to use Ti effectively in a certain field, requires a deep inherent knowledge of the field as well as generally in life in order to really shine. Using Ti in a field where the person is a layman, it can do more harm than good at first. For the way Ti deals with new fields, is not neccesarily compatible to the essence of the field it tries to understand.

But that is the age old unsolvable discussion about 'what is subjective truth' and how much should one validate and respect individuality in such cases.

One thing is certain. Ti doms have a very well defined idea of what is right and wrong for them. And young Ti doms often lack the ability to converse that externally to others, as they are probably more focused on assimilation rather than reaching mutual understanding of their Ti structure. More experienced Ti doms will be much less actively portraying their Ti structures and instead focus on responding in ways that is important to the receiving party rather than themselves.

"I think 10 pages of bullshit about this subject, but you only care about a small fraction of it so allow me to respond in a way that is both satisfying to you, while being as much as possible in line with mine as well and we be friends forever."

PS: I notice that work environments of ITP's has also been discussed in this thread. Having done it all (including 7:30 to 18:00 office job), I find myself most at ease driving groups around europe with some entrepeneuring on the side. Owning a family business together with my brother, I enjoy the freedom I have from being able to discuss and share ideas and business plans on the business side and then driving around while my brother puts the plans into motion.

It's not always been going very smoothly but lately it has been and I'd say my work life is as perfect as it possible can be right now short of being an anonymous billionaire. (I'm financially very happy but who wouldn't want to be an anonymous billionaire.)

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Is there really such thing as exact truth. If there were as such, everybody would have told the exact answer,but it cannot be due to some people processing memories at a slower pace and also some people you cannot trust. If there were such thing as the exact true answer to everything, we would have solve everyone's problems in this world through the exact way.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Logic says that probability and statistics does not tell you what is, just what is probably or statistically likely. So when logic leads to the statistical probability, those well versed in internal thought and logic knows this and does not create crap truth out of statistical probability. Logic is fully aware that a 1%chance can happen twice in a row and that what seems logical can change path when more data is introduced.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't do good with micromanagers. They usually realize I don't listen while still exceeding expectations or they just give up.

Edit: sometimes you have to throw a bone to distract them.

They are easily distractable. And you can even learn how to order them about.