• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ExxJs what's it like to be you?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'm looking around the forum and there's such a lack of discussion about what's it's like to be an ExxJ from an ExxJs perspective.

What happens when you confront an obstacle?
What motivates you?
What calms you?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm looking around the forum and there's such a lack of discussion about what's it's like to be an ExxJ from an ExxJs perspective.

we're all out orchestrating a coup, i think...

obstacles are met with immediate and rapidly formed plots to get around, up, over, under, THROUGH whatever is blocking my path...

i've had no better taskmaster than illness... because of it, i confront obstacles sometimes day to day, or if very bad, minute to minute... the obstacle can be pain that doesn't stop me from walking but prevents me from picking up something i've dropped, pain that dictates what i eat but not if i can stand outside and pet the cats, pain that drives me into the bed or out of it...

i remember feeling low level and constant fear when it first began, not knowing what would happen next, being as confused as the reams of doctors i saw, and then this fear morphed into a hideous sort of unassailable anger that had no eyes, ears or limits because i felt my world closing in further and further until there only an imagined crack of daylight miles above my head...

i don't take protracted defiance of my will staidly... the wildcat inside hisses and spits and shreds things, and demands to be released, and all i can do is placate her which she resents and sees through...

patience is needed... a lot of it...

What motivates you?

both jekyll and hyde... perhaps the internal power struggle dictates my next move...

mostly it's my fight against rot... i hate it... i'm a conservator of humans...

What calms you?

knowing that i'm understood by my loved ones and that the sincerity of my best intentions/motivations are comprehended and not derided...

Jaguar

What motivates you?
What calms you?

1) Think of as many ways as possible to attack it. Then bomb the hell out of it. :D
2) The desire to effect change. Rage/Sense of injustice.
3) Sleep.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
1) Think of as many ways as possible to attack it. Then I bomb the hell out of it. :D
2) The desire to effect massive change. Rage/Sense of injustice.
3) Sleep.
  1. I LOVE it!!! :wubbie: Complete shock and awe.
  2. Yes
  3. More yes

I'm pretty wordy my stuff is coming later.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Tho noone would think that I am a J, you still get a song:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p97yjLa3FjY"].[/YOUTUBE]

Jaguar

Considering you are Enneagram 3 and belong to the ENTP Castle group,
it could generate a question mark. Lol.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Depends on how big the obstacle is. When it's small, I try to figure out a clever way around it. When it's big, I try to change my path to something more viable. I like smooth, quick sailing more than a life filled with obstacles - before attempting something I always study the situation in order to be sure that the path I've chosen is not full of obstacles.

What motivates you?

I like to break my limits, so to speak. Generally, everything starts from an activity I like, or deem necessary, and then I try to progress to bigger and bigger levels of said activity.

What calms you?

Lots of physical exercise, especially outdoors. Climbing mountains, cycling. I hate to be stuck indoors, especially when the weather is good.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:) Maybe for me in my real life. But to change type on this site, for that its too late :)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. What happens when you confront an obstacle?
2. What motivates you?
3. What calms you?

1. I stop and try to intuit a way to get over it.
2. the next step/results
3. Results/shower/walks @ night/the rain

Last edited:

Vanitas

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Observe, assess, attack? First I'll have to determine whether it's worth doing anything about (does it have anything to do with my goals/ plans?); sometimes the competitive edge/ impulsiveness tempt me to waste effort and time eventhough I don't want the prize.

What motivates you?
Things I want.

What calms you?
Long shower/ bath, pampering myself, exercise, meditating.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What motivates you?
What calms you?

I suppose it depends on the obstacle.
In the past i would steamroll into it, emotional overload. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
Nowdays i just try to rationalise it and work out the best way to deal with the obstacle minus feelings. That way i conserve my energy thus putting it to more practical use for when i remove the obstacle.

If i am passionate about something or i get that 'feeling' that i am about to do the right thing, then it that motivates me. If i want it then i'll get it unless i am deflated.

Trying to put a different spin on the situation usually calms me. I try to use logic to come to some kind of conclusion. Or just focus my attention on something else.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with FDG almost completely. Nothing to add.

**EDIT** Notice that's a very ExxJ thing--to put our two cents into something, even in agreement.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I asses the obstacle: Is it worth surmounting? Pros and cons. Strategy? If I still think it's worth it, it's full steam ahead and you can't stop me unless you put a brick wall in front of me. Then you would probably just see a hole shaped like me in it.

If it's a smaller obstacle, I usually don't even notice it.

What motivates you?
My wants, plans and visions. Injustice, unfairness. Rage (I always get shit done when I'm mad). The greater good. Inefficiency, especially when it comes to stuff where things could run much more smoothly, like practical matters and communication. Goals I've set for myself, personal improvement and keeping my independence.

What calms you?
Oddly enough, stress calms me. Physical activities, ambient music and also sex.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ Female Perspective

1) What happens when you confront an obstacle?

Generally, when I confront an obstacle it goes away. /smartass answer

Whatever the big picture happens to be is very important to me. If snags in a plan aren't best addressed directly, then I'll continue to study the problem so as to know whether there might be an alternative way to attain the same goal. Admittedly, I'm more motivated at sometimes than at others, but when I really want something I'm fearless, resourceful and relentless.

2) What motivates you?

I think the most important thing to me is my personal freedom. I don't like to depend on others, and active attempts of others to control my behavior in any way will provoke a highly visceral response. I know ENTJs are supposed to be power obsessed, and I think the "Id" portion of myself salivates at the prospect of blood, sex, control or even some combination thereof. It's not the point though. I like to be able to think that whatever I do is for the benefit for others, as well as being fun. Fun is important, but most would consider the things I enjoy to be odd. :huh:

3) What calms you?

I like being outside especially right before sunset. I like being around family, close friends and my dog. Running is nice. I also feel good and languid after a big steak cooked rare. :yum:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh yes, going for walks. Very good, Rex.

This may sound silly, but when I was a teenager, I used to wear my dad's coat because it smelled like him and that helped keep me calm when I was anxious. I guess I'm more like a puppy than a person that way.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I've waffled on whether or not to post this but whateva.

Up until the beginning of this spring, I was under the false impression that I was a flexible person. I laugh maniacally over that thought now. I mean, I think I'm reasonably flexible, but am I really? (<-----sign of low Fi, Athenian) When I think about it, I get my way most of the time with most people except at work and I'm working on that one. Not that I necessarily believe my way is the only Best Way, but I think my way is a strong contender for The Best Way and because I have this belief I act accordingly. Uh, in other words The Flow that people try to go with...I think that's me.

My main weapon is sheer force of will and that can range from at best charm, enthusiasm, and persuasion to at worst intimidation, stonewalling, and belligerence depending on the situation. And you know what, I'm not really ashamed of that although I feel like I should be, but eh, not really. I ask people that know me very well, do you think I bulldoze and steamroll people? I typically get, "Yes, but..." and that confuses me. How can someone agree that I steamroll and bulldoze and then tack on a "but it's OK!" I get these concessions that I make sense but... What works out is my good friends and family give as good as they get (meaning they'll whap me in the head with a quickness) so I don't think that they're afraid to speak their minds. In fact, I like these people especially because they don't let me run amok. I don't do well with people I feel like I must treat gingerly. I think part of this is that the same way I press my will out, I expect people to press their will out and my perception of myself is that I'm way more compromising than I let on if people just push against me, but I'm realizing most people don't and I'm not sure why.

My perception of myself as an EJ basically has these words repeating over and over again. Go. Now! Go. Now! Move, move, move! Take it easy, what's that mean? Once again, I think I'm taking it easy but am I really? And to be honest, that has worked well for me. Yeah, maybe I'll ease up (but ease up on what???) when I'm 70 and my bones are full of arthritis or I fracture my hip or something. That's another thing I realize about myself, I push people. I definitely think an EJ blindspot is knowing when to push and when to ease up. You don't want to break the people you love the most.

Good/bad things happen when I push people. Sometimes my only desire is for something to change directions because stagnation means I don't know where or how to apply myself...there's nothing for me to act with or against and I don't know where to move and I don't like that uncertainty. On the positive side, I think EJ pushing "looks like" confidence to most people and get on board with it and sometimes that's enough to make things go in a positive direction. Here's somebody who seems to know where they're going, seems resolute, will relieve the awesome burden of leading from those who know what a heavy responsibility leading can be. On the negative side you can have someone who cares naught for any individual and the basic mentality is at least the trains run on time.

So if I only care for the shape of things I lose my desire to have my ear to the ground and be in step with what the people want and my populism turns into a dictatorship, but then I think dictatorships tend to be pretty stable governments and I can declare a national holiday in my honor and have marble statues of myself in all government buildings and have a traveling living legend wax likeness of myself going city to city and have schoolchildren sing anthems honoring me, then I get confused all again.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yes, going for walks. Very good, Rex.

This may sound silly, but when I was a teenager, I used to wear my dad's coat because it smelled like him and that helped keep me calm when I was anxious. I guess I'm more like a puppy than a person that way.

Somehow...this still does not explain the dry humping
But I get cha. I have something similar to this, because i will write about someone.