• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

convergent and divergent thinking

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm curious about what you all know about convergent and divergent thinking. Is there any correlation with the MBTI? Are the J's generally the convergent ones? Which type are you?

Mole

Permabanned
I'm curious about what you all know about convergent and divergent thinking. Is there any correlation with the MBTI? Are the J's generally the convergent ones?

Convergent thinking is often used in analysis, while divergent thinking of often used in creativity.

I think that something must be created before it can be analysed. But to create something and not analyse it, and reality test it, is failing your creation and selling it short.

MBTI was created by an old lady and her daughter who did no analysis or reality testing.

However when MBTI was analysed and reality tested it was found to be an unreliable and invalid personality test.

However this had no effect on its popularity. Since WW II MBTI has become a world wide cult. It is so popular it is used by business and the military to befuddle their employees and recruits.

And MBTI is so popular because it plays right into our narcissism.

And although no University Psychology Department will touch it, it remains very popular because it fits into the ethos of the New Age.

So as far as we know there is no correlation between convergent and divergent thinking and MBTI typing.

Jaguar

I'm a J, and both C and D thinking are easy for me.
You have to do both types of thinking to be successful in business.

MBTI measures a person's preferences, not their abilities.