• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function to Type calculator I wrote

redacted

Hey so I just learned actionscript and decided to write a program that shows how to convert functions to MBTI code. The cool thing about it is that you can drag around sliders and see how close different types are to each other.

Anyways, here's a link (I have no idea if this is kosher, but whatever).

http://www.fogmagazineonline.com/MBTI.swf

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
That's pretty cool Evan, and fun to mess around with.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Cool, it said ENFP, and I can't get it to show a different type without putting choices that are obviously wrong for me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It says I'm an INFJ, but it's SO close to INTJ that I only have to move the Fe/Fi slider two positions to the left to get it to say INTJ instead. One position over, and it's already switched to INxJ. So I'm literally two/three points on a slider away from being INTJ. Ironically, the main thing that keeps me from being one seems to be my lack of Fi and preference for Ti. If it were even a little stronger, I'd apparently be one. Oh, and not only that... if I moved the Ni/Ne slider two positions toward Ne instead, I'd be ENTP. Freaky.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It can't decide which of the four INXXs I am, which means it's probably the most accurate function test I've taken. It's pretty fun, too.

ygolo

My termites win
Well done, Evan. I am a clear INTP according to this.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Clearly, I am still an INFP.

It's a great program. Well done.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an ISFP according to this. Barely though.

redacted

interesting...what you gonna do next

I kinda want to add a textbox that explains the slider the mouse is over.

I also kinda want to have 2nd and 3rd place types, but that'll take a cool amount more programming (and thinking...not sure how the math will work yet). I'll prolly add some of these things over the next week.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This seems very accurate, but I have a question.

What is the bar "F + T vs S + N" supposed to do?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
very interesting critter you've devised, evan :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It can't decide which of the four INXXs I am, which means it's probably the most accurate function test I've taken. It's pretty fun, too.

No, none of the tests are really particularly accurate because they rely on self-report. They're only as accurate as you are honest with yourself/informed about the topics.

The fact that it "can't decide" which of the four INxx types you are simply reveals that you can't decide which of the four INxx types you are, not that you're just magically 99% borderline between all four. People in general vastly overestimate how "borderline" they are because they want to sound balanced, but in reality, being truly "on the border" between any dichotomy other than I/E is incredibly rare/almost impossible. Chances are you don't understand enough function theory yet to have accurately determined your own type--this doesn't mean you don't have one.

P.S., in my self-described expert opinion based on about four of your posts, my preliminary guess is INFJ. But this really can't be tested and there's no way for me to find out how accurate my assessment is without spending a LOT of time talking to you and getting to know you. You answer 70 pre-formatted multiple choice questions and expect to get an accurate answer on your inner psyche? Not happening.

I'm an ISFP according to this. Barely though.

Come on, people--you can't test psychological type accurately. You're wasting your time. You need to just continue studying functions and the way they apply in real life, not keep searching for the "one perfect test" that will finally illuminate everything for you without you bothering to learn all the concepts.

Hint: Nobody ever really knows what his own type is without significant background in typology. The "tests" are all garbage; move on.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come on, people--you can't test psychological type accurately. You're wasting your time. You need to just continue studying functions and the way they apply in real life, not keep searching for the "one perfect test" that will finally illuminate everything for you without you bothering to learn all the concepts.

Hint: Nobody ever really knows what his own type is without significant background in typology. The "tests" are all garbage; move on.

Lol that wasn't what I was doing.