• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing from reading list

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You can find a lot of famous peoples' book collections here.

JFK's library seems quintessentially ESTP: LibraryThing | Catalog your books online

I was wondering whether or not people think that books that people own/have read are a good way or supplement to typing someone?

Ian Fleming comes across as ISTP I think from his reading list.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I suppose that reading lists give some insight into someone's interests and so it really depends on whether you believe you can type someone based on their likes/dislikes

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anyone care to type people based on their reading lists? :p

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I don't think my recent reading list is very implicative of my type. I could perhaps see a T preference and perhaps an N preference reasoned from my list, but I don't think the other two letters would be too easy.

Anyways, for those of you moderately interested in the last 7 books I've read:
American Soldier: General Tommy Franks (his memoir)
Man, Economy, State - Murray Rothbard
Syrup - Max Barry
Company - Max Barry
The Art of War - Sun Tzu (1910 Lionel Giles translation)
Oedipus at Colonus - Sophocles (no idea of which translation)
Oedipus the King - Sophocles (again, no idea of which translation)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Stuff I read seems to be divided into 4 categories...

Fantasy/Sci Fi => 70%
Psychology/Science => 10%
Personal development => 15%
Web design/dev => 5%

Mind you I go through novels extremely quickly... If I have time on my hands, I finish 2-3 a week. :)

Does that seem INF enough?