• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do Ts get from Fs in a relationship?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Yeah, I brought that up way earlier in the thread. Didn't see any responses to it though, until now.

"Your stupid" "your feelings are stupid" "your so irrational" "you make no sense" "thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard" "You CANT be serious!?!?!" "your a passive wimp" "I can't help the fact that you have thin skin", ....

Last edited:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yeah, I brought that up way earlier in the thread. Didn't see any responses to it though, until now.

"You stupid" "your feelings are stupid" "your so irrational" "you make no sense" "thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard" "You CANT be serious!?!?!" "your a passive wimp" "I can't help the fact that you have think skin", ....

Sheesh sounds like you need to meet better Ts.

EDIT: Or maybe you need to buck up ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

"You stupid" "your feelings are stupid" "your so irrational" "you make no sense" "thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard" "You CANT be serious!?!?!" "your a passive wimp" "I can't help the fact that you have think skin", ....

Is that a T, or just someone who is abusive? :huh:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sheesh sounds like you need to meet better Ts.

EDIT: Or maybe you need to buck up ;)

these were some pretty aggressive T's. physics doesnt emphasize social skills or playing nice with others, nor does it seem to attract people who prefer those things...

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
these were some pretty aggressive T's. physics doesnt emphasize social skills or playing nice with others, nor does it seem to attract people who prefer those things...

That's a shame, no reason physicists can't be nice. I promise that out in the world there are considerate Ts :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's a shame, no reason physicists can't be nice. I promise that out in the world there are considerate Ts :)

Albert Einstein was a physicist and he was quoted once as saying something like more and more he came to find that he valued charity and love above all else.

There's also speculation that Einstein was actually not a T.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I've met many nice T's, including plenty of nice INTP's, and ENTP's, and even some nice ENTJ's me thinks. Nice ISTP's, nice ISTJ's, heck even some nice ESTJ's.

I've had a number of discussions with others about INTJ physicists and why so many of them seem to be _ssholes. Part of my answer includes: extreme cerebralness, lack of interest in others, lack of awareness of others and their emotions, a sense of competition, and more. I have an INTJ engineer friend, he'd point out his lack of knowledge of others emotions, but would still ACT polite and such because he felt it was proper/having good manners.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Albert Einstein was a physicist and he was quoted once as saying something like more and more he came to find that he valued charity and love above all else.

There's also speculation that Einstein was actually not a T.

I would have LOVED to say that during grad school when others were talking about how "life doesnt have any ultimate meaning and therefore you should go kill yourself, right now" Actually that was a rather frequent conversation topic...

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

It's my understanding that he's like totally the archetype for INTP.

IME theorists tend to be INTP's and experimentalist's INTJ's. Mathematicians tend to be INTP's, though I've definitely seen a smattering of INTJ's there too. Those INTJ's were much nicer than the INTJ's I met in physics. I think math has more of a collaborative/congenial atmosphere, less "competition to get the next Nobel prize" or whatever

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"Your stupid" "your feelings are stupid" "your so irrational" "you make no sense" "thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard" "You CANT be serious!?!?!" "your a passive wimp" "I can't help the fact that you have thin skin", ....

I don't think its fair to say that a T would have nothing to offer you in a relationship because the guys you work with are tools. How someone behaves in a work enviornment and how I behave in private are two different things. You ever date a T?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
It's my understanding that he's like totally the archetype for INTP.

IME theorists tend to be INTP's and experimentalist's INTJ's. Mathematicians tend to be INTP's, though I've definitely seen a smattering of INTJ's there too. Those INTJ's were much nicer than the INTJ's I met in physics. I think math has more of a collaborative/congenial atmosphere, less "competition to get the next Nobel prize" or whatever

Pretty damn close. Some of the INTP type descriptions were written with him in mind.

Yeah there are more INTPs in math than physics and I do know some INTJs in physics that are real assholes.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think its fair to say that a T would have nothing to offer you in a relationship because the guys you work with are tools. How someone behaves in a work enviornment and how I behave in private are two different things. You ever date a T?

I didn't say that, but I do see how those dots could be connected though.

I think F women are often attracted to T men. Level-headed, emotional grounding, rational, hard-charging, can put up with F emotional theatrics, etc are things I'd expect to hear people say that T's provide F's. But I don't think anyone has said any of those yet, only "harassment" or whatever term they used.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think F women are often attracted to T men. Level-headed, emotional grounding, rational, hard-charging, can put up with F emotional theatrics, etc are things I'd expect to hear people say that T's provide F's. But I don't think anyone has said any of those yet, only "harassment" or whatever term they used.

But the purpose of the thread is what do Ts get from Fs. If thoughts are offered on the reciprocal, then thats gravy. The criticism comment posted by marmalade was (mostly) glib.

If I misunderstood you, at the very least you implied pretty strongly that some idiots have given you misgivings about the whole "T" thing, which is a bummer cause we're fun when not in work mode. Well...NTs are at least.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Most definitely. :D