• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"
Then I got my ISFP friend who thinks he's an INFP.
It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

EDIT:
This thread is about natural sensors who think they are intuitives not about my friends. To cancel out further misunderstandings.

Last edited:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

I think a lot of people have associated tradition and security with "what their parents did," and since they do things differently, they feel that they're not into tradition. That's one reason why a person that has chosen to do things differently than their parents might not identify with SJ.

Now, with SP, it's a little less clear. I think ESPs should know what type they are and be happy with it. But ISPs... might not be as impulsive, and feel that they're more cautious and measured, maybe identifying more with the creativity of N types than the impulsiveness of SPs.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why does it annoy you? People can see themselves as however they want, it doesn't affect my life in the slightest way.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personally, I have no idea if I'm a sensor or an intuitive, and I've been at this thing longer than I care to admit, namely 11 years....

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Perhaps some people (Ns included, at times) perceive Sensors as being less intelligent or adept at dealing with people. If there's one thing that I've learned/had reinforced on this forum, it's that they are just as insightful, but that they gather the information to arrive at their conclusions in a different way. They have a whole different skillset than the Ns have, but sometimes it is taken for granted and given less value. I have really come to appreciate all the practical here and now skills Sensors possess which I do not, and also their ability to appreciate the present more fully than I do.

Another reason I see is that there is a significantly smaller population of Ns in the world. Many people want to be rare and unique (in a good way).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why does it annoy you? People can see themselves as however they want, it doesn't affect my life in the slightest way.

It may not affect your life but it does to mine. My mates always refer back to their 'fake' personalities according to how they do things now. They also decide to bring me into their retarded lives and the so called 'INTJ' friend likes to think we think pretty much the same way.

Sensors who want to be 'different' or 'unique' are pretty much wanting to be something they are not. It's become more of a cultural thing where young people strive to be unique then give up at some point in their lives.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yes Sensors should know their place and get back to the herd! :D

Don't blame them, blame the test.

Anyway, do you really know them better than they know themselves?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
and what is the lesson learned? Don't bring up mbti around sensors, they usually don't give a damn. And in your case if they do, they'll just have fun with it, not exactly take it as serious as us.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It may not affect your life but it does to mine. My mates always refer back to their 'fake' personalities according to how they do things now. They also decide to bring me into their retarded lives and the so called 'INTJ' friend likes to think we think pretty much the same way.

Sensors who want to be 'different' or 'unique' are pretty much wanting to be something they are not. It's become more of a cultural thing where young people strive to be unique then give up at some point in their lives.

How do you know what they are?

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

...then find some new friends if you find them so very infuriating?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to make an "Intuitives who think they are sensors" thread and totally target Little Linguist.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You do know some people are borderline, right? There are people who have a similar % of N and S in their cognitive function strengths.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP

Why are you so angry about something so trivial? If you didn't like these people why do you consider them your friends? I think you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and take a second look at how you are acting. If I read right your friends try to act more intellectual around you? I'd be flattered if people were trying to mimic me. (which like.. never happens)

Jaguar

I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"

First of all, MBTI measures "preferences."
There is no proof you are INTJ.
There is no proof your friend is ISFJ.
This has always been the problem with self-assessments.

Furthermore, preferring sensing over intuition does not mean a person lacks inuitive ability.
Preferring intuition does not mean a person lacks sensing ability.
If it did, you'd be blind and deaf.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you know what they are?

I can tell the difference between a sensor and an intuitive.

Why are you so angry about something so trivial? If you didn't like these people why do you consider them your friends? I think you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and take a second look at how you are acting. If I read right your friends try to act more intellectual around you? I'd be flattered if people were trying to mimic me. (which like.. never happens)
Your probably right. Actually I have a number of friends only of which a few are sensors. It's just distressing when I have to deal with people who lie to themselves or 'put on a cover'.
Anyway this thread wasn't necessarily supposed to be about my mates but about the sensors who dub themselves as intuitives although it seems some people misunderstood my first post. I was just giving examples.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to make an "Intuitives who think they are sensors" thread and totally target Little Linguist.

hahaha :tongue10: Give me proof why you think I'm not! :D

Nah, but seriously...I'm everything and I'm nothing. I'm the question mark over your head. (Damn, this sounds like Fight Club - "I'm the....")

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm actually a disguised sensor in a monkey suit, don't kill me.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
hahaha :tongue10: Give me proof why you think I'm not! :D

Nah, but seriously...I'm everything and I'm nothing. I'm the question mark over your head. (Damn, this sounds like Fight Club - "I'm the....")

I am Jack's raging identity crisis!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I know exactly what you mean. I gave one sensor a test, and he came out ENFP, and he was definitely more like ISFJ or ISFP. An ESFP comes out ENFP. I just look at them and know. Most intuitives care to look into personality, and a lot of sensors just don't care, in my experience.

(I <3 Fight Club)