• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stop doing drugs.
It's fried your brain to the point where you have either ignored, or forgotten,
every post I have made about an alternative to MBTI.

blah blah blah. If you understand the concepts, why do you insist on convincing everyone that you don't?

This is why I don't want to deal with you.
You have no memory of past conversations.
You lie.
You post high all the time,
so no one knows how fucked up your brain is, at any moment in time.

I don't even feel any need to comment on how out of touch with reality the attitude behind this part is. Suffice it to say I'll consider it a personal victory that you're so out of relevant material that you have to resort to this.

You are the one who ignored an INTJ who told you about the Five Factor Model.
You are the one who ignored me, when I told you about Singer-Loomis.

You are stuck on MBTI.
Some of us have open minds.
You do not.

Umm...okay, WHO is it that doesn't have any memory for past conversations?

Like the part where I promptly took the Big 5 test, posted my results and discussed implications in the very thread you're discussing?

You can spew all the crap you want about "open minds", but it's not going to change the perceptions of anyone reading the thread unless you can provide some legitimate explanation.

You run around yelling functions at people:
"You damn Te!"

Hell, one of the few people around here with an open mind about typology is INTP Eric B.
Oh that's right, you body-slammed INPs the other night in a post,
right after you read me talking with Eric.

I like Eric.
He does his homework.
He's not a lazy fuck who mouths off to people, like you do.

Eric B's cool. Nothing in that thread was directed at him personally. INPs have their strengths and weaknesses just like any other type; if you took that to mean I think they're completely worthless or have no valuable skills, then I'd have to just chalk it up to your childish need for binary certainty again. You really ought to do something about that.

That's why I keep yelling at you about Te; you seem to have a rather unbalanced functional makeup--either that or you have some other reason for continually picking fights with people/whining about how useless typology is.

The most annoying part is that I'm well aware that you understand these concepts, so again I must inquire, why are you so intent on convincing everyone that you don't?

You contradict yourself all the time.
You have no consistency of thought.
And when your little feeeeeewings get hurt,
you send people obnoxious rep comments like a child.

GROW UP.

No consistency of thought lolz.

Oh boy, lessons in internal consistency of principle from a J...and even better, lessons in HOW NOT TO BE OBNOXIOUS from an ENTJ!

That's rich. :laugh:

Seriously though, here's a hint from someone who's put far more study into psychological type than you have (and no, that doesn't mean running around in flagrant denial about the fact that it can't be scientifically Tested...if your writing didn't display a constant desire to dismiss anything that you can't put in a test tube, I wouldn't mock for you blatant Te myopia so much, lol):

Anyway, this is characteristic of P vs. J conflicts because Js tend to come off more stubborn/rigid than they think they do, and Ps have the opposite problem with consistency.

Js see Ps as flighty, inconsistent, and unsure of their positions, because Ps mostly direct the flexible/spontaneous Perceiving attitude toward the outer world...hence your criticism that I have no consistency of thought. In reality, Ps are far more internally consistent than they appear--that just isn't the side they show to others most often.

Likewise, Js have a very flexible internal perspective and are unaware of the degree to which their rigid outward organizational attitude dominates their appearance to others.

So there's something we can both work on.

(Don't trust me though, even though I know what I'm talking about, cause I do DRUGS!!!!) :smoke:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think it's good that you said this. Not everyone is dying to be an N. I feel like there's this assumption in this particular thread that Ns are "superior" and everyone wants to be like them.

Lame.

I wouldn't say N's are superior, i think it is more that can articulate themselves so well and grasp concepts so easily. I wouldn't mind being one for a day (at least). What has been nice is the amount of sensors taking part in this thread though. For the most part we shy off to our own forums, and it has been nice that we have all been able to interact with each other. :)

On a sightly different note though. I don't need to know a persons type to realise what a disrespectful asshole they are being. Seeing though that they choose to attack one's character instead of the argument .. well you see the type coming through. You are rude. :shock:

Shall we get back to the subject in hand now?

Snow Turtle

While it's all fine and dandy to claim that sensors are the backbone of society. When you read the next part about how 70% of the population is made up of sensors, suddenly the idea of being a worker bee is not so appealing anymore. It was rather easy for me to figure out whether I was a sensor, but boy... sometimes I wish I was more better at brainstorming, which from my perspective, matches what Ne is.

As for typing people. Most people can't type themselves with basic understanding since the N/S descriptions at the beginning are vague, it's sort of like figuring out which is your natural learning preference, listening or reading. Most people don't have an interest in that sort of thing...

I've tried introducing MBTI to people. Mostly those who are into psychology, self-discovery or personal-development will be interested in sort of thing. I've had Ns reject the model completely back when I was new to MBTI.

Unique

I think it's good that you said this. Not everyone is dying to be an N. I feel like there's this assumption in this particular thread that Ns are "superior" and everyone wants to be like them.

Lame.

I mean smart Ns can be very interesting but your average N out there in the real world can draw wrong conclusions, joins the dots up wrong and generally can over complicate things to the point of it being laughable, then I have to turn around and say "why don't you just do this?" which to a really unintelligent intuitive wont sink in either, not to mention the lack of sleep I know some Ns go through due to thinking too much (Experts say you actually need to stop the thinking part of your brain before sleeping)

So yeah superior? I think thats just a facade they use on the internet to make themselves feel better

I'm not N bashing BTW I know a lot of great Ns I'm just sick of the ones who think they are the best thing since sliced bread because of their intuition.

I said at the beginning of this thread "Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?" as in I couldn't really understand why people that would be seen as a sensors wouldn't like it. I have no apparent clue as to why people thought it as an insult to sensors.

I'm sure there are fake Ns on here and if you are wondering why that is its very possible its due to all the S bias on here

Its not as bad on here as on INTPc but seriously over there a lot of them don't even know the difference between SPs and SJs, two completely different temperaments with almost opposing attitudes and yet they lump them together and call themselves the almighty smart INTPs when they cant even understand other types properly, what a joke.

Jaguar

You don't understand the people here at all and you call yourself open minded?

You are a new member here.
You don't know anyone or what their history is, including mine.

Those of us with open minds don't blindly believe MBTI's claims.
There's nothing "eccentric" about anyone who states the obvious:
MBTI is unreliable.

There's enough evidence out there to back up that statement.

I suggest you do your homework.
I also suggest you think about your own type.

I think you are an INFJ rehearsing for Halloween, in an INTJ costume.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Unique- :yay:

Totally agree with all of that.

On the internet it's difficult to see that S and N are equal, especially on here since this is such an N biased environment. In practice I've seen that N and S are equal, in conversation we both offer a unique viewpoint, in problem solving we offer a different viewpoint, I could go on.

I call you my ISTP brother for a reason. :newwink:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

Yes it is. Personally i would slit if i were a sensor

Jaguar

^
What's with new INTPs joining this forum and posting trolling remarks either in rep comments or in public?

Great, another mortabunt.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
^
What's with new INTPs joining this forum and posting trolling remarks either in rep comments or in public?

Great, another mortabunt.

Not trolling, just ansvering a question and telling my opinion. Are you a sensor or why u get mad?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
We all use S and N, some lean towards one more than the other. I use more Ne/Ti and can draw parallels and concepts out of thin air. My good friend is ESTJ and is heavy on the Te/Si and she can take anything that's physically around her and make something unique out of it. Her apartment is fabulous and filled with found and recreated objects. She cuts and re-tailors all of her vintage clothing and can cook the greatest meals out of what seems to be nothing. She can do anything, it seems. She's made tables out of old doors and bike racks out of picture frames. Things I couldn't even begin to imagine.

I am always so jealous of her ability to collect from the environment around her. What's so wrong about being a sensor?

Jaguar

Not trolling, just ansvering a question and telling my opinion. Are you a sensor or why u get mad?

It figures you'd think I was a "sensor."
What am I, the only intuitive who is sick of the biased bullshit?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sensor is like, the ultimate diss on here. Didn't you know? You must have not been informed by the cool kids that think sensors are worse. :newwink:

And you aren't the only intuitive sick of it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^

No, you're a myopic extroverted Thinking dominant who's brutally unaware of how stubborn and inflexible he appears to everyone else, despite how flexible he thinks his inner self is.

It's no coincidence that he's not the only person to mistake you for a Sensor. Maybe if you stopped defining "consistency of thought" as "total inability to admit any past mistakes to the outside world, ever", your understanding would progress a little and people would stop mistaking your outrageously Te-dominant personality for Sensor short-sightedness.

Really, you're just embarrassing yourself now and a quick glance through the thread will reveal that you have serious problems outwardly admitting mistakes.

Can you quote ONE post from yourself anywhere on the message board where you admitted fault for anything?

I'll leave you with a couple of quotes from the great Bill Hicks, ironically an ENTJ himself:

“If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them...because the musicians that made all those great classic records? RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAALLLLLLY fuckin' high on drugs!"

“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.”

(Of course, I'm pretty certain that you already know all of this; you just won't let Ni out of the cage long enough to admit that you might potentially have been wrong and it's VERY obvious that you're desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel for comebacks now. Tsk, tsk.)

P.S.,

If DRUGS are so detrimental to my mental state, how sad does that make it that I'm pwning you so badly in this argument?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What's so wrong about being a sensor?

I feel like sensors are missing a part of thinking process, personally i wouldnt like that. And im not saying that they are stupid, but on some situations theyr thinking is flawed, but so are some of intuitives.

I wasnt saying that i think ur a sensor, i was asking if thats the reason you get mad..

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
No, you're a myopic extroverted Thinking dominant who's brutally unaware of how stubborn and inflexible he appears to everyone else, despite how flexible he thinks his inner self is.

It's no coincidence that he's not the only person to mistake you for a Sensor. Maybe if you stopped defining "consistency of thought" as "total inability to admit any past mistakes to the outside world, ever", your understanding would progress a little and people would stop mistaking your outrageously Te-dominant personality for Sensor short-sightedness.

Really, you're just embarrassing yourself now and a quick glance through the thread will reveal that you have serious problems outwardly admitting mistakes.

Can you quote ONE post from yourself anywhere on the message board where you admitted fault for anything?

P.S.,

If DRUGS are so detrimental to my mental state, how sad does that make it that I'm pwning you so badly in this argument?

I'll leave you with a couple of quotes from the great Bill Hicks, ironically an ENTJ himself:

“If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them...because the musicians that made all those great classic records? RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAALLLLLLY fuckin' high on drugs!"

“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.”

If i could interupt a sec....by your observations of my posts....what's my type?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Please refrain from ad hominem attacks.

Thanks.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
One of many downsides i have of being an intuitive: Every time someone throws something toward me to catch, even though its not even headed directly to my face, i'll always flinch. Quite embarrassing indeed. Does that make me kinda girly?:smile:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you are an INFJ rehearsing for Halloween, in an INTJ costume.

Indeed according to the tests I've taken and the people who determined my mbti personality type, I was around 50-50 when it came to T or F. It was the most difficult to figure out for myself. I concluded I was more of a T than an F as most of the time my T-N preference leaned towards the T by the spec. As I make my decisions I always prefer to consider the logical before the feeling aspects although I usually mix them together to form an ultimate decision.
On a second note I did enjoy your little metaphor.