• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTPs have leashes?

Oh sh*t... good point. ... Who... um... said something stupid and caused ISTPs to take it upon themselves to correct it in a pragmatic way? ...See, that just doesn't sound as cool

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm saying that that's why Ss may think they are Ns, because that's how descriptions or tests portray them.

Then what you said should really be reworded. Because thats not how it comes across.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh sh*t... good point. ... Who... um... said something stupid and caused ISTPs to take it upon themselves to correct it in a pragmatic way? ...See, that just doesn't sound as cool

hahahah, point taken, my dear! :D ;)

At times we are allowed to be put on a leash, it just depends on how we are treated on that leash :D

I promise to let you loose when we pass an annoying Intuitive's house so you can roll him around in the bushes, but it's back on the tether until we get to the park! We don't want to run from the cops twice in one week.

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This thread was started by an INTJ.
I once posted scores of a group of INTJs.
The majority of them were near the midpoint of S/N.
So close, in fact, we're talking almost 50-50.
Aren't most tests like that worthless? Sociability is used to determine whether one is an introvert or extravert. Types dominated by Introverted Feeling tend to get their Ti counterparts because they really only account for the extraverted feeling function in questions.

MBTI Type
INxJ
The topic may be irrelevant but I and a few other people find it quite interesting. Isn't it also the reason why people even post on the thread in the first place?

I never said it was irrelevant to discuss. A forum is a medium for discussing topics of interest. Just that your negative feelings regarding a situation that doesn't affect you in a harmful way, and that you have no control over is a waste of time. Who cares if they think that, or anyone else that has mistyped themselves. Unless it begins to directly affect others, it's of no consequence.

Simple answer to your question, flawed test method. The test can only give the answer for whatever the perception of an individual is. If they think they're XXXX, that's all the answer key can offer. Since perception is greatly affected by everything a person goes through beginning at gestation (origin of consciousness), no one will ever see anything in the exact same way. You could be wrong. They could be wrong. There's also debate about which method of typing is the most valid.

Jaguar

Aren't most tests like that worthless? Sociability is used to determine whether one is an introvert or extravert. Types dominated by Introverted Feeling tend to get their Ti counterparts because they really only account for the extraverted feeling function in questions.

Try this on for size: MBTI is worthless. :D

That said, what does your post have to do with S/N?
Sensing-Intuition.

Who is talking about sociability?
Who is talking about introvert or extravert?

I'm not seeing the relevance of your post.

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Try this on for size: MBTI is worthless. :D

That said, what does your post have to do with S/N?
Sensing-Intuition.

Who is talking about sociability?
Who is talking about introvert or extravert?

I'm not seeing the relevance of your post.
Try that on for size? Well, I just might kill myself.

The tests are flawed, that's my point. They were just examples, I'm not going to evaluate every question on a free online test, but is "I am weird" a great question in determining a preference for sensing or intuition?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The tests are flawed, that's my point. They were just examples, I'm not going to evaluate every question on a free online test, but is "I am weird" a great question in determining a preference for sensing or intuition?

The thing is tests are flawed, then people come onto forums and get a bunch of opinions and can get even more confused not to mention that your type can even influence what you believe depending on how the information is presented and what information is presented. Not to mention the people and state you are currently in. For example those that are stressed seem to stay in there dominant and tertiary functions.

Jaguar

I know where you got that inane question from:
Similar Minds.com.

Of course the tests are flawed.
So is MBTI.

Are you suggesting "I am weird" was an S/N question?
If so, how would you know?
You don't.

This is what makes this thread even more ridiculous.
There is no proof of anyone's type.
It's all assumption of truth.

Assumptions are bullshit.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know where you got that inane question from:
Similar Minds.com.

Of course the tests are flawed.
So is MBTI.

You don't.

Just because you dont understand it or know how to apply it doesnt mean its assumptions. Its pattern matching based on how others appear. Assumptions are only bullshit when you turn it into a rule.

Jaguar

Just because you dont understand it or know how to apply it doesnt mean its assumptions. Its pattern matching based on how others appear. Assumptions are only bullshit when you turn it into a rule.

Don't waste my time.
Go play in the sandbox.

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You don't.
I tested it before writing that post, the higher the choice on that question the more intuitive you are, apparently. Both tests had identical answers, excluding that particular question. N = 57.14 on the 75% accurate answer, N = 55.88 on the 50% accurate answer, a decrease by 1.26. Oh, and you're right, assumptions are bullshit.

First Test
Introverted (I) 59.09% Extroverted (E) 40.91%
Intuitive (N) 57.14% Sensing (S) 42.86%
Feeling (F) 51.43% Thinking (T) 48.57%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

Second
Introverted (I) 59.09% Extroverted (E) 40.91%
Intuitive (N) 55.88% Sensing (S) 44.12%
Feeling (F) 51.43% Thinking (T) 48.57%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would suggest printing off the descriptions on best fit. Some of the descriptions on the net and in books are not very good. Who wants to hear...

INTJ Talents: strategy Career: CEO of Ice cream company.
ISFP Talents: Refined taste Career: Food Taster at Ice cream company.

I definitely would choose the taster job.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread was started by an INTJ.
I once posted scores of a group of INTJs.
The majority of them were near the midpoint of S/N.
So close, in fact, we're talking almost 50-50.

Because of this you assume that I too am on the borderline of an N and S? :)
But you just said in one of your later posts that assumptions are bullshit... Weird...
You then, for some odd reason, think that I go around bashing Sensors when I myself just wanted to know why a sensor would rather to be an intuitive. Ingenious display of understanding.

Assumptions are based on probability and if probability is over a certain percentage (depending on the person's preference) people would go by those assumptions whether or not they are true or not. It's how the world works. We all live on probability. So learn to live with it. It goes the same way for personality types. One only assumes because probability is high.

I myself would assume you to be an INTJ or ENTJ based on probability.

Jaguar

I tested it before writing that post, the higher the choice on that question the more intuitive you are, apparently. Both tests had identical answers, excluding that particular question. N = 57.14 on the 75% accurate answer, N = 55.88 on the 50% accurate answer, a decrease by 1.26. Oh, and you're right, assumptions are bullshit.

Intuitive (N) 57.14% Sensing (S) 42.86%
Intuitive (N) 55.88% Sensing (S) 44.12%

Great job sniffing out that bullshit!
:D

Makes you wonder, what other questions are they being unreasonable about?

Jaguar

You then, for some odd reason, think that I go around bashing Sensors when I myself just wanted to know why a sensor would rather to be an intuitive.

We all have the ability to use our senses and intuition.
Wake up.
It's a PREFERENCE assessment. Get it?
Preference does not indicate its strength or quality.
That means an S could be more intuitive than you.
Come on, think.

I myself would assume you to be an INTJ or ENTJ based on probability.

Anyone can search my posts, and know I score ENTJ and INTJ.
Is your "probability" drivel supposed to impress me?

It did not.