• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best type at making money?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when you look closely, the gap in avg income between numbers 1 and 2 is huge in comparison!

Good observation! The gap in avg. income betwen each subsequent pair is just a few thousand dollars. It's good to be the king, eh? :shock:

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Good observation! The gap in avg. income betwen each subsequent pair is just a few thousand dollars. It's good to be the king, eh? :shock:

I just need to know how to morph my skinny INTP butt into an ENTJ one every day I go to work!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Look at the link INTJ forum. Some of those who's households earn the most are most often married, making the number of earning people in their household higher. So, interpreted other way, ENTJ might just choose to live with a mate more often. Not entirely true, but.

Those are interesting stats from that post. It's true that J's end up getting married more often, so when looking at household income, the spouse's income will contribute somewhat to that number. Also J's tend to have a higher education level which correlates to a higher income.

In essense the key to making money is not really intrinsic in a person's MBTI type as much as it is an individual's ability to get an education and then get a job.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I want to know individual income, not household income.

J's seem to be a lot more focused, organized, controlled.
P's seem to be a lot more freewheeling, wild, chaotic, disorganized.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
The corporate world (and even politics) seems designed by and for E_TJs.

I think Ps just tend to have less profitable goals.

MBTI Type
INxJ
ExTJ, of course. You don't need statistics to figure that out.

cifpunast

MBTI Type
none
Enneagram
none
I'm good at making money but not that good at saving it. Becoming better now, but whenever I save money there is always a lingering feeling that I'm wasting my life away. I don't buy useless things, but I like going on trips, eating out, etc. etc.

That's pretty good.
Good post. I appreciate it
Thanks a lot for the information

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, you're welcome, I don't know why you appreciate that though - perhaps you own a travel agency or a restaurant.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I'd say ENTP's are some of the best at making money... but also some of the worst at actually directly caring about money itself all that much.

I can make money quite well... sure I can't hold onto it worth crap, but I can MAKE it.

But... I don't really care about money. It's a means to an ends, nothing more. It's latent fun, latent tastyness, latent shelter, latent 'stuff'. Until yeu USE it, it has no purpose. And if yeu blow yeur entire life MAKING monies so much so that yeu can't spend it... how many people get paid really well but have like 80-100 hour a week jobs to do it? Really is that WORTH it? Some may say yes, but they also tend to be the ones who don't care about monies in that sense anymore, it just is a quantifiable value of 'power' at that point.

I have no need for power, it doesn't really interest me. I just want to enjoy myself. So really, I think I defeat the purpose of it.

For which ones *DO* get monies easily, I'd think it'd be more the J's. P's are less likely to be able to be 'neat and tidy professional and organized' that earns brownie points at the top. P's are also more likely to just not care about monies so much, or at least that's my interpretation/understanding, I dunno though, I just think J's are more likely to actively strive to get "money" as a goal.

My father is like that unfortunately... slave to the almighty dollar. MUST HAVE MORE. Doesn't matter if he has lots, doesn't matter if he had a million more than he has now, it'd never be enough. It doesn't matter if he has to work twice as much as anyone else, as long as he had MORE monies it's good. Except the thirst for it is never sated, and it's never good enough, always leaving him wanting more.

It's a sad life to watch someone live that way, so single minded in their goal, without much reason for why it's even a goal in the first place.

Yay yeu have monies, yeu win at life?

I dunno, just doesn't seem right to me.

In the end, I think that the ones who *CAN* make monies are not always going to be the ones who *DO* make monies. But perhaps that's not related to type either.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's a list out there of avg. income by type.

Highest Average Annual Household Income
(From highest to lowest)

1. ENTJ (84,434)
2. ESTJ (76,238)
3. ESFJ (74,882)
4. INTJ (72,043)
5. ENFJ (71,060)
6. ISTJ (71,020)
7. ESTP (69,323)
8. ISTP (67,349)
9. ENFP (66,210)
10. INTP (64,872)
11. INFJ (64,372)
12. ISFP (64,166)
13. ISFJ (63,870)
14. ESFP (63,281)
15. ENTP (62,960)
16. INFP (61,565)

House hold income is everyone in the house not just one type... so these figures are deceptive at answering the question...

Actually there is a big difference between personal income and personal wealth.... Income is your salary per year, wealth is how much money you have.

ENTP's are suppose to be shit hot at making it and really shit at managaing it... :)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am the best at making money.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Between my law degree and my Roth IRA I think I'll do just fine.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I agree it has to be xNtj. S's don't see the big picture enough to make huge profits. We may be good at specific areas, but it's more difficult for us to get the big picture.

What I sort of don't get is: why E and not I?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I agree it has to be xNtj. S's don't see the big picture enough to make huge profits. We may be good at specific areas, but it's more difficult for us to get the big picture.

I think extraverts have more motivation towards having more money, since they care more about "external" reality. Moreover, they (we) often have higher energy levels.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Simple. Extroverts usually are people-persons (at least more so than introverts), generally work places prefer more extroverted workers. In fact, the top of the list being ExTJ does not surprise me in the least.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
the entj I knew would always buy the cheapest nastiest food so he can save more money. I'd rather have my health than have more pieces of paper.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
the entj I knew would always buy the cheapest nastiest food so he can save more money. I'd rather have my health than have more pieces of paper.

Those pieces of paper will come in handy when you're too old to work and eating cat food because you failed to save while you could still earn.