• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How could this have been determined?

Cindyrella

MBTI Type
INFP
I've taken both the online and paper-and-pencil versions of the MBTI. When I took the paper-and-pencil version in a college course, the man who provided us the assessment and prepared our results documented that I was an INFP although the graph had me as an INxP. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why he may have come to the conclusion that I was more F than T. I'm not completely learned on the subject of MBTI administration, so please excuse my ignorance.

(And for the record, every time I've taken the online MBTI, it swears up and down I'm an INFP).

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe he's an N.

Hehehe.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
If the man providing the assessment had a lot of experience with it then he may have been aware of a "T" bias on the test and consequently typed all ties on the T/F axis as an F.

It's either that or he used a magic eight ball. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've taken both the online and paper-and-pencil versions of the MBTI. When I took the paper-and-pencil version in a college course, the man who provided us the assessment and prepared our results documented that I was an INFP although the graph had me as an INxP. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why he may have come to the conclusion that I was more F than T. I'm not completely learned on the subject of MBTI administration, so please excuse my ignorance.

It's difficult to tell without more information -- what questions you answered how, etc.

Did the man actually teach your college course and so knew you at least in an informal way? And even if he did not and only got to observe you for a little bit of time, it's possible that he used those observations and/or interactions to interpret your results further than the paper score. There are many different reasons (besides outright "fudge" :) ) that he might have made this determination.

At least you're saying he seemed to be right.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ

(And for the record, every time I've taken the online MBTI, it swears up and down I'm an INFP).

There's a section of the written test, typically not seen online, where they can refer if you're borderline N/S. I would think that same section would be used if you're borderline anything.