• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should we be grateful extroverts are on the way out?

Frank

Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.
Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere bring everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.

Your right. Bill gates didn't do shit.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
And this distinction and taboo naturally give rise to the idea of inner and outer and indeed the inner and outer in personality. So we arrive at the extroverted personality and the introverted personality.

And you have an extroverted personality and I have an introverted personality. But alas we have not learnt how to create a positive relationship between us.

You are correct. Possibly because I am an extrovert and have spent my life as part of the world, I have learned to talk to people. Because I am out in the world, I am accepting of the many beautiful personalities that exist. My extroversion allows me to maintain different types of relationships with different types of people, and to keep trying when things get a little sticky.

Because you are so far introverted and have spent your life creating your own world, it's hard for you to accept others who don't fit into your mental puzzle. At one point, you accepted me and thought us to be friends. We shared jokes and I defended you against others. But because I dared to disagree with you once, you ran back into yourself and shut me out completely. This is your introversion.

The question is do I want to live outside of myself, and define myself based on how others see me? Or would I rather live inside of myself, and never know the meaning of what it is to love another person simply because they are unique? I'm not sure that either of these choices please me.

If boys and girls can get along, then why can't introverts and extroverts? Do you really want us dead, Victor? Is that your final puzzle piece?

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Victor's OP is full unchallenged false dichotomies, but some of these responses take the cake.

since when does extroversion mean accepting people as they are, and introversion running into yourself and shutting out completely a person who disagrees with you once? Since when does introversion mean never knowing what it's like to love another person? When was extroversion ever necessary to maintain different relationships with different people.

Are these points just for the purpose of arguing with Victor?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Victor's OP is full unchallenged false dichotomies, but some of these responses take the cake.

since when does extroversion mean accepting people as they are, and introversion running into yourself and shutting out completely a person who disagrees with you once? Since when does introversion mean never knowing what it's like to love another person? When was extroversion ever necessary to maintain different relationships with different people.

Are these points just for the purpose of arguing with Victor?

I was speaking with him, and about him specifically, as was he to me. If you have a problem with what I wrote, then feel free to ignore.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, as a dying breed, I propose all of us Extraverts go forth into the world with renewed vigor and put our hands on everything in sight.

Hellz yeah. ;)

Victor, damn it, say something that makes sense! :shock: :doh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Victor's arguments aren't made to be coherent or logical. I think people should be taking them less seriously, and appreciate their novelty, as there are most likely very few Victors in this world.

He knew how extroverts would react to this thread, I think that's why he made it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sigh* It's totally cool - he can make whatever thread he likes. To be honest, I'm frequently amused at his crazy statements, if only because they are so far out there. Kind of like you laugh at George Carlin. There is usually a grain of truth in his melodic ramblings. This time, I just thought, "Uhhhh??? 'Kay?"

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
AJ, finally, we have a winner!:happy0065:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:popc1: I'm semi-amused, semi-confused as to why he would say what he said. But he's free to say it, just as he's free to say the sky is green with pink sparkles. Makes life interesting....:D :devil:

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.

Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.

Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere bring everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.

And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.

maybe i missed something but what points to E's dying out?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think what he wants to say is that they are becoming less influential, which is a good thing in his opinion, because introverts are more reflective and make better decisions, whereas Es are just...well...not.

(Disclaimer: Not saying I agree, just saying what I think he's saying).

Frank

:popc1: I'm semi-amused, semi-confused as to why he would say what he said. But he's free to say it, just as he's free to say the sky is green with pink sparkles. Makes life interesting....:D :devil:

I'm pretty sure he makes these ridiculous statements just to get a rise out of people. Usually they don't even require a response unless your in a "waste some time" kind of mood. His statements are almost always full of some suspect reasoning. I love how in this particular op he equated doing things and issues such as globalization with extroversion and then went on to claim Bill gates as the ultimate introvert. The guy who has done more to help globalization along than arguably anyone. Pretty entertaining stuff really.

Bunco

MBTI Type
ISTj
Absolutely!
And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits.

I fully support this rant. Ladies? :cheese:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I fully support this rant. Ladies? :cheese:

Hey, if it wasn't for us extroverts, most of you introverts wouldn't ever get laid lol so if we die out, we are taking you with us, because no one will be around to hit on you, to be the doer, the one pursuing, and eventually bedding you. :yay:

Bunco

MBTI Type
ISTj
Hey, if it wasn't for us extroverts, most of you introverts wouldn't ever get laid lol so if we die out, we are taking you with us, because no one will be around to hit on you, to be the doer, the one pursuing, and eventually bedding you. :yay:

Truth. Extroverted women are so much better and more fun to be around than introverted ones.

...And to avoid getting torn to pieces--EXCEPT OF COURSE FOR ALL THE INTROVERTED WOMEN ON THIS BOARD WHO READ THIS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CRIMINALLY SEXY AND AWESOME!!!

Mole

Permabanned

I wake up screaming at night thinking there is an extrovert in the bed with me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wake up screaming at night thinking there is an extrovert in the bed with me.

I'll admit, some Extraverts do kind of force themselves on you in a conversation when you don't want it (though that's been rare in my experience)... but I think that's kind of a different dynamic. You're kind of jumping to dangerous conclusions, don't you think?