• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Link types with temperaments

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm surprised to read many thinking of ENTJ as the pure rational. It's not an offended, it's more of a compliment for my type, but I'm not sure if I'm deserving. I'm quite rational with most everything, but I embrace the subjective, personal desire, personal will, wants, want-nots.

Okay, my world view is perhaps less twisted to serve just my intentions than that of the most people, but in my book, INTP is the incarnation of rationality, sometimes to the point where it isn't serving him fully. OTOH, perhaps INTP is SP-like in their tendency to just enjoy doing their favorite activity.

Or, is INTP NF-like? They seem to think it's the best way of life to engage in intelligent thought, and live their ideal of life. Could it be ENTJ who are the most SP-like of rationals? From what I see, they seem to embrace life quite fully, like ENTP.

Tough problem.

Here's my list, compiled from personal feelings on the subject, not according to any formula.

SJ

ESTJ: NT
ISTJ: SJ
ESFJ: NF
ISFJ: SP

SP

ESTP: SJ
ISTP: NT
ESFP: SP
ISFP: NF

NF

ENFP: SP
ENFJ: SJ
INFP: NF
INFJ: NT

NT

ENTP: SP
ENTJ: SJ
INTP: NT
INTJ: NF

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Please don't perceive me to be an NF. As much as i may dislike being ESFJ, Jesus christ, i don't want that label.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm surprised to read many thinking of ENTJ as the pure rational. It's not an offended, it's more of a compliment for my type, but I'm not sure if I'm deserving. I'm quite rational with most everything, but I embrace the subjective, personal desire, personal will, wants, want-nots.

Okay, my world view is perhaps less twisted to serve just my intentions than that of the most people, but in my book, INTP is the incarnation of rationality, sometimes to the point where it isn't serving him fully. OTOH, perhaps INTP is SP-like in their tendency to just enjoy doing their favorite activity.
You're going by Keirsey's name "Rational" and appear to be taking it literally. But I believe the tendency to be "rational" is just one aspect of the temperament. I imagine using Berens' term "Theorist" would pose the same problem. But Keirsey's old name, "Promethean" I believe would alleviate the confusion (Prometheus was the most "Choleric" of the four gods, though again, Keirsey made it Phlegmatic). In fact, I was thinking of subbing some of those names, as I feared "Artisan" was also possibly misleading.

Could it be ENTJ who are the most SP-like of rationals? From what I see, they seem to embrace life quite fully, like ENTP.
I imagine that might be because of the cognitive makeup. ENTJ is basically the closest to the ESFP (the "pure" Artisan), simply by reversing the "blocks" and swapping TeNi for SeFi.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's my list, compiled from personal feelings on the subject, not according to any formula.

SJ

ESTJ: NT
ISTJ: SJ
ESFJ: NF
ISFJ: SP

SP

ESTP: SJ
ISTP: NT
ESFP: SP
ISFP: NF

NF

ENFP: SP
ENFJ: SJ
INFP: NF
INFJ: NT

NT

ENTP: SP
ENTJ: SJ
INTP: NT
INTJ: NF
I was almost going to completely agree with this list until I saw the bolded. ISFJ as SP? Hell no.

Please don't perceive me to be an NF. As much as i may dislike being ESFJ, Jesus christ, i don't want that label.

Why?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Its just the unhealthy ones i can't stand at all. NFP's. I am an observer so i watch and pay attention to what is being written/said and how its being written/said. All NF's are very good with articulating their point and thats a great thing i wish i could do. But stand back and watch an unhealthy one, its contradictory, when things are not going their way, it can get nasty and becomes a personal attack so obviously its hit a nerve. There is an undertone there, like manipulation. It is not pretty and i don't like it.
NF's seem think they know how everyone feels. When they are not feeling good, you better be a mind reader.

There are some really nice NF's on here. Some i am weary of and some i have no interest in talking to at all.
I see NF + SF = not a good match.

I am not trying to be nasty, just honest. In fact, i don't want to be around any unhealthy people .. Its just NF's out of all 4 types rattle me the most. Maybe thats because i can see the games being played.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, that's the temperament label - or ESFJ ISFJ pair - that got most criticism from my list - I must say it was a hard one to think up, as much as it was hard to label either INTJ or ENTJ as SJ-like ;(

Given that ESFJ's tertiary is theoretically Se and ISFJ's Si, perhaps ESFJ is more SP-like and ISFJ NF-like. It's a trouble to decide what "likeness" means though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
One of the reasons why I have created this thread is because some parts/types are hard to solve.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its just the unhealthy ones i can't stand at all. NFP's. I am an observer so i watch and pay attention to what is being written/said and how its being written/said. All NF's are very good with articulating their point and thats a great thing i wish i could do. But stand back and watch an unhealthy one, its contradictory, when things are not going their way, it can get nasty and becomes a personal attack so obviously its hit a nerve.

Oh, I understand. I hate that too :)
But I don't think it's a game at all or premeditated, it's just a natural reaction.

Not necessarily. It would depend on the NF type and SF type, and of course, the specific people involved.

Given that ESFJ's tertiary is theoretically Se and ISFJ's Si, perhaps ESFJ is more SP-like and ISFJ NF-like. It's a trouble to decide what "likeness" means though.

Hmmm?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
All you have to do is swap the temperaments for the Interaction Styles, sing the Galen temperament matches.

Here's the Key:
Melancholic: SJ, IST/INJ
Choleric: NT, EST/ENJ
Sanguine: SP, ESF.ENP
Phlegmatic (or Supine) NF, ISF/INP

So we get a list close to one of the ones above, with a few differences:

SJ

ESTJ - NT
ISTJ - SJ
ESFJ - SP
ISFJ - NF

SP

ESTP - NT
ISTP - SJ

ESFP - SP
ISFP - NF

NF

ENFP - SP
ENFJ - NT
INFP - NF
INFJ - SJ

NT

ENTP - SP
ENTJ - NT
INTP - NF
INTJ - SJ

This sounds right on to me. :yes:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh, I understand. I hate that too :)
But I don't think it's a game at all or premeditated, it's just a natural reaction.

Not necessarily. It would depend on the NF type and SF type, and of course, the specific people involved.

Your right, i know you need to have the right people together.

I just like relations better with the NT's. There is no pretense bull, dripping with feelings etc.
Maybe i will find a nice healthy NFp IRL. Until then, i don't think i am missing out on much.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

While indeed it depends on the people in question. I can see why SJ and NF might have some potential problem areas. I've had no problems with ISFPs though, or SPs in general.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting...

SJ

ESTJ - SJ
ISTJ - SJ
ESFJ - SJ
ISFJ - SJ (i'm really not sure what else to type them)

SP

ESTP - SJ
ISTP - NT
ESFP - SP
ISFP - NF

NF

ENFP - SP
ENFJ - SJ
INFP - NF (the only true NF :D bias ftw)
INFJ - NT

NT

ENTP - SP
ENTJ - SJ
INTP - NT
INTJ - NT

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
perhaps ESFJ is more SP-like and ISFJ NF-like.
I think so, too. The E and F combo comes off looking SP to me, with all that energy.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SJ

ESTJ - SJ
ESFJ - SP
ISTJ - NT
ISFJ - NF

SP

ESTP - SJ
ESFP - SP
ISTP - NT
ISFP - NF

NT

ENTJ - SJ
ENTP - SP
INTJ - NT
INTP - NF

NF

ENFJ - SJ
ENFP - SP
INFJ - NT
INFP - NF

I notice a pattern in my impressions: EJ types usually feels the most SJ to me. EPs seem the most SP. IJs feel the most NT. IPs feel the most NF.