• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which one u prefer: being mature, or youthful ?

which one u prefer: being quickly mature, or youthful again ?

• quickly & ambitiously being mature, grown up, & professional in working world

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • being mature, but if possible, not too 'professional' & 'formal'

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • being youthful again, but doesn't have to be extreme

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • heck, i despise being a grown-up!! screw it! i want to be childish!

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • this is probably just you, Niki..

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
i know some (actually, many) people who seem to really want to become quickly grow-up & mature, & to quickly & ambitiously enter the working world.
but i also know many people at their mature-times, to despise maturity (& professionalism & formality, often related with being mature) , and in the midst of Reality they're experiencing, would prefer more to be youthful, some even prefer to be childish again, rather than to grow-up & mature.

I'm just purely speculating & guessing here,
but i think the former would be more associated probably mostly to STJ type (especially ESTJ) , or actually, the "T" type , and even more if combined with the "J" type,
while the latter would be more associated to NF type , 'coz it's the idealism .vs. sucky Reality for most of them. which explains why they would rather want to be at their young age again.
It also seems that "Sensors" seems to be able to cope with this so-called 'harsh' Reality, because hey, after all, it's the PRESENT time that they can sense (& focus at), rather than imagining all those 'impossible' things, such as thinking 'bout time-machine, and going back again to the child/youthful times...............or maybe this all could just be me.

What do u guys think?
Does anybody relate with what i'm saying here? I'm curious.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I have found a simple balance. You can be as child-like as you want as long as in the professional world you get things done efficiently and correctly. After some time, people will stop sneering at your quirks, and just appreciate the quality of your work. Business is business.

geminigirl

Well I am an INFX and I hate growing up (I am 17 so not grown up quite yet)

I definitely want to go back to ebing a child about 10-12 it is not just reality that I hate I honestly think I was a better person when I was 10-12.

lastrailway

I have found a simple balance. You can be as child-like as you want as long as in the professional world you get things done efficiently and correctly. After some time, people will stop sneering at your quirks, and just appreciate the quality of your work. Business is business.

What he said

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I like my childlike ways. It prevents ulcers.

That said, I can immediately snap into that whole mature, responsible, adult thing. But if I don't need to, I just won't.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I have always been very mature, driven, and responsible...even from a young age. However, like FDG said, you have to strike a balance. I take all my work seriously, but there are plenty of ways to make it fun. I have an offbeat and witty humor that I always try to incorporate when dealing with people or even when writing papers for school...it just keeps the mood casual and personal. I will admit, there are times when I wish I could just be more carefree and child-like, but when it boils down to it, I am content with who I am. In my life, I enjoy my work, and I enjoy my play.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Me? Mature, because it's the right way to be, and people don't respect you if you're not. (Although I might like being a little childish and silly if I'm at home alone, where no one can see/judge.)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Me? Mature, because it's the right way to be, and people don't respect you if you're not. (Although I might like being a little childish and silly if I'm at home alone, where no one can see/judge.)

What about people not respecting you? What's the problem with that? I love when people don't respect me and underestimate me because I act in childlike ways, yet I'm able to overperform them in business/sports/whatever "serious" matter they consider important, so that they're left completely confused as to what I actually am.

Arandur

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't want to grow up, but in a small way I do. I'd love if I could just stay in this year indefinitely, because I'm at a point where I feel I've matured a lot over the past few years, but I'm still enjoying being a kid.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about people not respecting you? What's the problem with that? I love when people don't respect me and underestimate me because I act in childlike ways, yet I'm able to overperform them in business/sports/whatever "serious" matter they consider important, so that they're left completely confused as to what I actually am.

Well, it hurts me when people think less of me, I actually feel hated and worthless if that happens.

It's kind of interesting how you can just do all that, and still get things done, and also how it doesn't affect you as much.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, it hurts me when people think less of me, I actually feel hated and worthless if that happens.

Even random people? It does hurt me too, but only if it's people that are very close to me.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I want to go back to being a kid again. But it's nice to have some of this experience and wisdom to bring with me when I do go back.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehehe. I like my age, and I like how I am now. Only protest is although I know a lot for my age, there is still a lot to learn that is aquired more conveniently at an older age. So I don't mind growing up.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Being young sucked. I'm glad to have it over with.

R

RDF

When I was a young kid, I always wanted to grow up quickly and acquire the privileges of older kids: staying up late, not having to worry about bullies, etc. When I was a teen, I couldn't wait for the privileges of adulthood: learning to drive, moving out on my own, being able to drink legally.

Even in my 20s and 30s I wanted to be older so that I could have the respect that comes with experience and middle age; there were still too many nosy acquaintances, bosses, and moral authorities who insisted they knew better than me how to live my life, do my work, and manage my marriage. (And often enough they were right.) There were still too many times when I had to swallow my pride and ask for help because I didn't know it all, after all.

But as of my mid 40s to early 50s, I finally feel like I'm at the right age. It's not that I need to be a stuffed shirt or anything. It's just that I'm at a place in life where I've paid my dues and learned all the hard lessons. Now I'm calling the shots. I've got my shit together enough that no one messes with me or second-guesses me, and I'm even in a position to dispense a little wisdom, give a hand occasionally, and help others out with their problems.

Time to sit back, put my life on auto-pilot, and enjoy the ride. I think I was born to be middle-aged. :party2:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I was a young kid, I always wanted to grow up quickly and acquire the privileges of older kids: staying up late, not having to worry about bullies, etc. When I was a teen, I couldn't wait for the privileges of adulthood: learning to drive, moving out on my own, being able to drink legally.

Even in my 20s and 30s I wanted to be older so that I could have the respect that comes with experience and middle age; there were still too many nosy acquaintances, bosses, and moral authorities who insisted they knew better than me how to live my life, do my work, and manage my marriage. (And often enough they were right.) There were still too many times when I had to swallow my pride and ask for help because I didn't know it all, after all.

But as of my mid 40s to early 50s, I finally feel like I'm at the right age. It's not that I need to be a stuffed shirt or anything. It's just that I'm at a place in life where I've paid my dues and learned all the hard lessons. Now I'm calling the shots. I've got my shit together enough that no one messes with me or second-guesses me, and I'm even in a position to dispense a little wisdom, give a hand occasionally, and help others out with their problems.

Time to sit back, put my life on auto-pilot, and enjoy the ride. I think I was born to be middle-aged. :party2:

I recently told a friend of mine that I was quite looking forward to being in my 50s, for these precise reasons. (He thought I was nuts, but hey.)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked my twenties, better than my teens...and my thirties better than both.

I hear that the fifties are just awesome. :)

And being a guy if you make it to eighty, there are so few dudes. The women will share you. ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked my twenties, better than my teens...and my thirties better than both.

I hear that the fifties are just awesome. :)

And being a guy if you make it to eighty, there are so few dudes. The women will share you. ;)

Oh man, I hope I never live to see that happening.