• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ultimate life lesson and type

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Different life lessons come up in different situations, but what is the one above all the different lessons?

I might have highly valuable life lessons from different subjects, but something goes above them all.

So, I'm an eNtj, and this is what my ultimate life lesson seems to be at the moment:

I'll make the most of everything I have in my life - I'll trust, I'll love, I'll dare, I'll work, I'll dream - and most of all, I'll live - but in the end, I'm the only one who's surely always with me. That's the same person who's interests I should always secure before anything else.

That life lessons seems above all for me at the moment, but it isn't the only lesson. For example, I can care of some person even more than I care about myself in some situation, If I've seen it's okay, and it doesn't bring ruin to my own person. I might say that my ultimate life lesson is rarely utilized in practice, but it counts when I do use it. In practice, I don't seem (and I am not) an overly pessimistic loner or anything of the sort. I just realize the reality, take dangerous possibilities into account, and let myself free for the most time.

Please explain your life lesson if possible, too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i guess the major thing I've learned in my life over all this time was that my life was ultimately my responsibility and no one else's. I spent a long portion of my life (maybe 90% of it) afraid and always trying to win approval and validation ... or at least avoid criticism and abandonment.

Only I can make decisions about my life. I don't need to justify them to anyone else. I don't need to be able to explain them. I ultimately don't answer to another human being about them. I am not required to prove anything to anyone, or win their respect or support or love. And there are some choices in my life I could never explain satisfactorily, because only I see and fathom them.

If I operate out of fear or complacency or desire for acceptance or any other motivation, I'm abdicating my responsibility and selling part of myself into slavery. And if I do that and suffer for it, if I never become who I might have been, if I don't find the truth I wanted to seek, then it's my fault and no one else's.

Along with that comes the notion that creation and destruction are two sides of the same coin. Life is change, and we are constantly transitioning as the past dies and the future is born. If you live in the past, your future is dead. Change, not constancy, is the norm in this world; and we live by embracing the changes we come across. There is a time for life, a time for death; a time for laughter, a time for tears; and so forth. It's my responsibility to live fully in each of them, good or bad, and be present in reality.... and then to let those moments go.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jennifer's AWESOME post above^!

THAT - is a phenomenal statement that all need to read and recognize. Without that type of perception you will never be living your own life. AWESOME!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Only I can make decisions about my life.

(rest of the post)
That pretty much sums up my view of life as well, or a big part of it.

Hm, having rethought, the same thing with the start of the post, too.

It was hard time back then when I personally realized it all for myself - the understanding of that marked the end of the deepest point of my depression, and suicidal thoughts, as well.

Beautifully written. Awe-inspiring, yet sad, but true and comforting. In a word, it's freedom.