• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti/Te users: Explain the differences.

Jaguar

You remind me of Jaguar in your inability to give a straight answer when directly confronted with evidence that you're full of shit.

I know exactly what's on your mind, Sim.
You're thinking of that thread where you asked me to "list weaknesses of ENTJs."
Then you accused me of thinking ENTJs are "superior" to everyone else, because I didn't answer you.

What do I rail against in this forum?
Stereotyping and making sweeping generalizations about groups of people, without sufficient evidence.
But yet you expected me to engage in that reckless behavior, myself.
Have you lost your fucking mind?

Why should I make up a bunch of lies about a group of people, I have never met in my entire life?
It wouldn't have mattered if you asked me to list "weaknesses" of INTPs, ESTJs, or INFPs.

Ask me to tell you the weakness of an INDIVIDUAL that I know, and you'll get an answer.
But don't ask me, in a serious discussion, to vomit out a bunch of bullshit about a group of people I do not know.

Why?

It would turn me into you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know exactly what's on your mind, Sim.
You're thinking of that thread where you asked me to "list weaknesses of ENTJs."
Then you accused me of thinking ENTJs are "superior" to everyone else, because I didn't answer you.

What do I rail against in this forum?
Stereotyping and making sweeping generalizations about groups of people, without sufficient evidence.
But yet you expected me to engage in that reckless behavior, myself.
Have you lost your fucking mind?

Why should I make up a bunch of lies about a group of people, I have never met in my entire life?
It wouldn't have mattered if you asked me to list "weaknesses" of INTPs, ESTJs, or INFPs.

Ask me to tell you the weakness of an INDIVIDUAL that I know, and you'll get an answer.
But don't ask me, in a serious discussion, to vomit out a bunch of bullshit about a group of people I do not know.

Why?

It would turn me into you.

I've answered this enough times by now. Part of the definition of each type group includes a tendency toward strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others.

I'll chalk up your inability to understand this to poor Ne.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ti = figurative pain in the ass

Te = literal pain in the ass.

:yes:

Jaguar

I've answered this enough times by now. Part of the definition of each type group includes a tendency toward strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others.

Within each alleged group are people who are very different from one another.
The reason for that is well-known: Different types of function development.
There's not a reputable Jungian analyst who doesn't know that.
But you sure don't.

You could have two ENTPs with a Tert function in opposing attitudes.
But using strict MBTI function orders, the person who deviated from MBTI's tertiary "norm" wouldn't even be an ENTP.
Even if we only addressed the Tert issue in isolation from other variables, more than 16 possible types could be generated.
But you're still living in the land of conventional thinking.

The point being, there are possibilities that you consciously choose to ignore.
You behave as if only one theoretical contruct exists, when many exist.
Hell, if anything, you should be the poster boy for what a Dom Ne is NOT.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Within each alleged group are people who are very different from one another.
The reason for that is well-known: Different types of function development.
There's not a reputable Jungian analyst who doesn't know that.
But you sure don't.

You could have two ENTPs with a Tert function in opposing attitudes.
But using strict MBTI function orders, the person who deviated from MBTI's tertiary "norm" wouldn't even be an ENTP.
Even if we only addressed the Tert issue in isolation from other variables, more than 16 possible types could be generated.
But you're still living in the land of conventional thinking.

This is a definitional issue regarding the meaning of the term "tertiary." Some ENTPs might have Si as their third most utilized function, and others might have Fe, etc. When I use the term "tertiary" I'm simply referring to the function that's oriented the same way as the dominant, but with the opposing perception/judgment faculty.

The so-called "tertiary function" doesn't have to be the third most utilized function.

The point being, there are possibilities that you consciously choose to ignore.
You behave as if only one theoretical contruct exists, when many exist.
Hell, if anything, you should be the poster boy for what a Dom Ne is NOT.

Dumb.

Great signature quote from your Dad, by the way. It plays quite nicely into your overwhelmingly Te-dominant worldview. Did you ever consider there might be perspectives on that that you're consciously choosing to ignore?

For some, the most important pursuit is personal, internal fulfillment. For these people, the external world can go fuck itself.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's worth 8 figures.

Yet another monetary value judgment from an NTJ. "BUT HE HAS MORE MONEY SO CLEARLY HE IS THE BEST" :doh:

You don't see how the value of anything can be measured in non-Te terms, do you? NTJs so often illustrate the shallow nature of Te when they make comments like this. When they want to insult someone the first thing they go for is "I HAVE MORE MONEY AND INFLUENCE THAN YOU", as if non-Te types actually give a shit.

HINT: There's more to life than money and power.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Yet another monetary value judgment from an NTJ. "BUT HE HAS MORE MONEY SO CLEARLY HE IS THE BEST" :doh:

You don't see how the value of anything can be measured in non-Te terms, do you? NTJs so often illustrate the shallow nature of Te when they make comments like this. When they want to insult someone the first thing they go for is "I HAVE MORE MONEY AND INFLUENCE THAN YOU", as if non-Te types actually give a shit.

That's not really to do with MBTI it is jsut to do with background. Someone whose dad is "worth 8 figures" is bound to be brought up thinking that way, and only a strong and intelligent one will overcome such thinking.

I know lots of NTJ's who do not think the way you described.

Jaguar

Like a fish to the bait. . . . :rofl1:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like a fish to the bait. . . . :rofl1:

It's really cute how NTJs get off on feeling like they're manipulating people when they're doing no such thing. I like arguing, get it? I enjoy typing up snarky responses to you. You're not "baiting" shit.

If I offer you a steak and you take it and eat it because you like eating steak, I haven't manipulated anything. I've just given you an opportunity to do something you enjoy.

But if I were an NTJ I'd probably laugh to myself about how I tricked that sucker into doing what I wanted, because I control everything behind the scenes because I'm so brilliant, ha-ha-ha. :rolli:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It's really cute how NTJs get off on feeling like they're manipulating people when they're doing no such thing. I like arguing, get it? I enjoy typing up snarky responses to you. You're not "baiting" shit.

If I offer you a steak and you take it and eat it because you like eating steak, I haven't manipulated anything. I've just given you an opportunity to do something you enjoy.

But if I were an NTJ I'd probably laugh to myself about how I tricked that sucker into doing what I wanted, because I control everything behind the scenes because I'm so brilliant, ha-ha-ha. :rolli:

You seriously seem like you're going to have a manic episode or a panic attack soon

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seriously seem like you're going to have a manic episode or a panic attack soon

I probably normally seem like that to someone who's as bad at reading me as you are.

That's not really to do with MBTI it is jsut to do with background. Someone whose dad is "worth 8 figures" is bound to be brought up thinking that way, and only a strong and intelligent one will overcome such thinking.

I know lots of NTJ's who do not think the way you described.

You know, that is a good point. There are definitely cool NTJs who grasp the (apparently very difficult for them) concept that beating people in Te terms doesn't really matter to people who aren't interested in playing the Te game in the first place.

Jaguar

It's really cute how NTJs get off on feeling like they're manipulating people when they're doing no such thing.

0018-0512-0917-3750_man_baiting_his_line_and_upclose_hooked_fish_catch_the_day.jpg

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just take it easy. Its only a forum

You're right, it is just a forum. If I met Jaguar in person I'd probably buy him a drink and have a nice chat about typology.

It's usually Fi types (including TJs) who seem to read bipolar disorder into my penchant for constructing exaggerated language for comedic effect. It's a game, see?

There's aesthetic value in putting together elaborate combinations of verbal sparring. Apparently I'm good enough at it that you totally miss my real motivations.

[fish pic]

Brer%20Fox%20and%20Brer%20Rabbit.jpg

Just don't throw me in that briar patch! Anything but that!

I assume the (presumably NTJ) fox figured he'd cleverly "manipulated" Br'er Rabbit into jumping into the briar patch. Only problem for you is--you're just "baiting" me to keep doing something I already want to do. If you want to manipulate me, you need to trick me into doing something I don't want to do, that somehow benefits you.

Get it?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
You know, that is a good point. There are definitely cool NTJs who grasp the (apparently very difficult for them) concept that beating people in Te terms doesn't really matter to people who aren't interested in playing the Te game in the first place.

Well surely Ni would "look through the facade of external success" or whatever it is Ni does. I think NTJ's judge competence and logic rather than the external trappings of success.

Falling back on "my dad is worth 8 figures" seems much more STJ, an appeal to social convention (to go by the stereotype that is).

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well surely Ni would "look through the facade of external success" or whatever it is Ni does. I think NTJ's judge competence and logic rather than the external trappings of success.

Falling back on "my dad is worth 8 figures" seems much more STJ, an appeal to social convention (to go by the stereotype that is).

You're right about Ni. I think it's just a Te thing...I imagine INTJs are much better about finding meaning outside of socioeconomic status. ENTJs just often don't seem to get that there's anything else worth bothering with.

The more you respond to them, the more they assert their Te superiority, as if they believe non-Te types actually care about measuring in Te terms. It's kind of sad.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^^^Well you could always turn it back on 'em.

If someone tried to get one over me saying "my dad is worth 8 figures" I'd just say "and yet you still ended up here trying to get one over a commoner like me; somewhere along the line you FAILED pretty hard dude".

but maybe that's just my unhealthy inferior Fe. :tongue: