• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti/Te users: Explain the differences.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti solves a problem by sitting at home and logically inducing possible ideas until a system is formed or a conclusion is reached.

Te goes out and gathers information to form a system about how empirical reality works, and deduces a conclusion or forms a bigger picture about a system.

They can conflict because they don't always reflect each other.

If I were to ask Ti "Does a cat have a bum?", Ti asks itself what the definition of a cat is, and can infer whether a cat has a bum or not.

If I were to ask Te "Does a cat have a bum", Te goes out and finds an individual cat to test whether it has a bum, as not all cats have bums in reality.
Te sounds stupid. How can it recognize a cat if it doesn't know what its anatomy looks like?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a little bit disturbed that you require extensive analysis to identify a cat... but to each their own.

To each his own. If you had Ti you would know this. :)

Can you tell me about what type I am and why?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ask your mother.

She doesn't know anything about typology, unfortunately. Since you seem to be so knowledgeable about Jungian functions, though, I'd love to hear your analysis of my functional breakdown.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
She doesn't know anything about typology, unfortunately. Since you seem to be so knowledgeable about Jungian functions, though, I'd love to hear your analysis of my functional breakdown.

And I'd love for you to be an intelligent, educated, and social human being. But.. shit happens.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And I'd love for you to be an intelligent, educated, and social human being. But.. shit happens.

That's conveniently off topic. I thought it bugged NTJs when people can't stick to the point.

Really, let's hear it. I'm sure you have plenty of well-reasoned evidence to back up your opinion here--Te would settle for no less than the utmost accuracy, right?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
That's conveniently off topic. I thought it bugged NTJs when people can't stick to the point.

Really, let's hear it. I'm sure you have plenty of well-reasoned evidence to back up your opinion here--Te would settle for no less than the utmost accuracy, right?

The point was that you're annoying... and here I am.. sticking by it!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The point was that you're annoying... and here I am.. sticking by it!

No, the point was that you spout off inaccuracies about typology without really knowing what you're talking about, hence your inability to discuss the subject intelligibly.

Next.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once again you missed the point. Nice one!

You remind me of Jaguar in your inability to give a straight answer when directly confronted with evidence that you're full of shit.

It's doubly annoying when ENTJs think they're the best at everything. You fail.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You remind me of Jaguar in your inability to give a straight answer when directly confronted with evidence that you're full of shit.

It's doubly annoying when ENTJs think they're the best at everything. You fail.

Just a word of advice...

In the future, when you find people ridiculing you and ignoring your attempts to make an argument, it is often because they know you are incapable of participating in an intelligent conversation on the subject matter due to both an inability to follow the logic and a lack of emotional maturity to keep the argument civil and interesting.

Just something you might want to think about

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a word of advice...

In the future, when you find people ridiculing you and ignoring your attempts to make an argument, it is often because they know you are incapable of participating in an intelligent conversation on the subject matter due to both an inability to follow the logic and a lack of emotional maturity to keep the argument civil and interesting.

This is a weak, poorly formulated and irrelevant response. You're generally uneducated about typology and unable to back up your points with any real evidence.

You keep changing the topic because you're fully aware that you can't win by directly engaging me on the subject in question.

Just something you might want to think about.

Inability to follow the logic, right...the Te arrogance is extraordinary. :doh:

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Kanye-West-Im-glad-youre-illustrating-Ti-and-Te-for-us-and-Imma-let-you-finish-But-NE-is-the-best-function-of-all-time-Of-all-time.jpg

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a word of advice...

In the future, when you find people ridiculing you and ignoring your attempts to make an argument, it is often because they know you......... lack emotional maturity to keep the argument civil and interesting.

This is a weak, poorly formulated and irrelevant response.

I think it's relevant. Just because you find something worth arguing about, doesn't mean everyone else does.