• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your reactions to other types

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
INTP: Great in that they're willing to discuss things at a very in-depth level. Will go off into the stratosphere with you, and that's fun. The only issue is when they forget that you're not nearly as interested in their current pet subject as they are, and geek out on you. Can be difficult to get to know.

INTJ: It can be frustrating interacting with them, as they are the positive manifestation of our shadow functions - so I think often we seem immature to each other, simply because we recognize each other's functional lineup, but go entirely the opposite direction. There's often a conflict because of reflexive learning styles - constant questioning is draining to them, and unwillingness to answer leads me to be unfamiliar with the situation.

ENTJ - Tense until I "prove myself" to them, then everything goes swimmingly. I enjoy their ability to get things done, and they like the idea-bouncing. After the initial period, we get along very well. We crack up at the same jokes, though theirs can be of a harder edge - I just like the word play.

INFP - I never can seem to get to know them. I'm assuming that I come across too strong at times. I need to work on that. Likewise, I think it's the ENTP attraction to shiny things - INFPs aren't particularly shiny on the surface, but according to what I've read on here, there's a fascinating world under the surface.

ENFP - all good-hearted to a person. Each one is unique. I like them for that reason, but conflict comes when my Fe starts acting up - "yeah, I know you're a unique person, but do you have to be so OUT THERE about it?". Conflict arises when afterward, having to deal with SJ types, I have to decide whether to defend that person (fulfilling our obligation of friendship) or join in the mocking (satisfying Fe in that particular situation). It sucks! Still, they're certainly the variety that is the spice of life.

INFJ - One of my best friends is an INFJ. He's always great to have a conversation with, as he'll ask the questions which I can reply to with another question, and he won't be offended (as some others are), but rather engaged. Hard to get to know, but once you do, there's no better friend to have around. The two main issues are not being able to read when I've gone too far on a subject, and not understanding the need for recharge time that they have - I mean, we were up until 6am discussing something amazing!

ENFJ - aka my sister. We didn't necessarily get along much as kids (FeNi clashing with NeTi), but as time has gone by, I've been able to appreciate her good qualities much better (her enthusiasm at putting social events together, the way she maintains friendships, etc.). Obviously, being able to speak Fe helps immensely, while I'm waiting for Ti to show up on a regular basis.

ESTP - the ones I know are hilarious and way too much fun to be around. The ones I don't know piss me the hell off, usually because they come across as scumbags (the club owner being the prototype). The dynamic with friends, though, is a good one, because I'll notice something funny, and they'll go and do it just to be a clown. The lack of Si-related doubts is refreshing.

ISTP - One of my good drinking buddies. Harsh in sober reality, but fun and harmless when a few have been consumed. Master of the drunken high-five, and never misses an opportunity. Rubs many people the wrong way as he can be off-putting, but in the end it's just bravado. In the middle of one of those relationships where they were made for each other, because anyone else wouldn't be able to stand them! I'm guessing she's an ESFJ, which would explain the compatibility.

ESFP - My last boss was an ESFP. He generally was a good boss to work for, took his time to get to know you, didn't weigh you down with heavy deadlines... and of course, that was a problem for me, since it let Ne do whatever it wanted to other than what needed to be done. Still, any problems were usually smoothed over with a good conversation, as he could understand that I wasn't a bad worker despite these difficulties. Still, these guys are the masters of taking your idea and making it sound like it's theirs, which is annoying. My brother may also be an ESFP, but I'm not sure at this point.

ISFP - Don't know too many of these, but then, I don't associate with the artistic crowd too much. The one I do know teaches metaphysics right now, which seems appropriate. A very gentle person, though I think our personalities tend to clash somewhat - he wants to see the truth, I want to see the facts.

ESTJ - Fe has got to be in overdrive the whole time, or I'll get in trouble. It's very aggravating to not be able to discuss hardly anything with them, as anything beyond truisms becomes uncomfortable.

ISTJ - Always pleasant conversation. Won't be your best friend, but will always be able to engage on a dispassionate level, which is often refreshing.

ESFJ - Oh boy, there's a reason I saved these two types for last. ESFJs are the ones I'm inexorably connected with, even as at the end of the day I ask myself "why do I hang out with this person?". Constantly offering too much information, constantly badgering about situations that I do not care about, constantly unable to dispassionately discuss anything... and yet, I still can't get enough of them. Maybe it's the stream of drama which gives me something to "fix". Maybe it's the weird way they get my sense of humor. Maybe it's how I can be horribly abrasive and offensive and still forgiven the next day. The ultimate enigma.

ISFJ - aka dear ol' Mom. She's an interesting case - having made the conscious decision to act more extravertedly in late high school. I don't think that's terribly uncommon, either. She does take on everything herself, which drives me nuts, and is a prodigious worrier, which I also find unnerving at times. That being said, she doesn't have the delegation problem (due to the well-developed Fe), but she does get very offended when Ne just up and forgets something. Still, we do both have the same silly sense of humor, though she doesn't appreciate the darker aspects of it that I do. What more can I say?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I'm going to do these quickly: *apologized in advance.*

ESFP
From my side: Moronic bitch. From their side: Boring killjoy.

ESFJ
From my side: Manipulative, with ulterior motives. From their side: I'm scared!

ESTP
From my side: Assholes. From their side: Retarded snob.

ESTJ
From my side: Overbearing nazis. From their side: Freak.

ENFP
From my side: Fun. From their side: You kinda scare me.

ENFJ
From my side: Ulterior motices galore. From their side: Confused.

ENTP
From my side: Fun, although uncouth. From their side: Great idea, for a blond.

ENTJ
From my side: Ruthless pricks. From their side: Neccessary nuisance.

ISFP
Too little experience

ISTP
Too little experience

ISFJ
Too little experience

ISTJ
From my side: Controling pricks. From their side: Useless retard.

INFP
Too little information

INFJ
From my side: distant, yet alright. From their side: alright, but confused.

INTP
Too little information

INTJ
From my side: Cocky bastards. From their side: Lunatic.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm going to do these quickly: *apologized in advance.*

ESFP
From my side: Moronic bitch. From their side: Boring killjoy.

ESFJ
From my side: Manipulative, with ulterior motives. From their side: I'm scared!

ESTP
From my side: Assholes. From their side: Retarded snob.

ESTJ
From my side: Overbearing nazis. From their side: Freak.

ENFP
From my side: Fun. From their side: You kinda scare me.

ENFJ
From my side: Ulterior motices galore. From their side: Confused.

ENTP
From my side: Fun, although uncouth. From their side: Great idea, for a blond.

ENTJ
From my side: Ruthless pricks. From their side: Neccessary nuisance.

ISFP
Too little experience

ISTP
Too little experience

ISFJ
Too little experience

ISTJ
From my side: Controling pricks. From their side: Useless retard.

INFP
Too little information

INFJ
From my side: distant, yet alright. From their side: alright, but confused.

INTP
Too little information

INTJ
From my side: Cocky bastards. From their side: Lunatic.

Haha I like your honesty.

I haven't met enough of the other types to make any judgments, so that will have to wait.

You haven't met any SJs? We're the leading type in the world! :D